Quake Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Ladder

How about having some sort of ladder for quake 1on1. I remember some time ago now, I played quake2 wireplay ladder and you basically challenged another person, then both join an agreed match server and have you duel then afterwards both went back to the site and reported the score (any disputes could be settled by screenshots to the admin). The ladder kept a rank of registered duellers, wins, losses, draws and frag different etc.

Maybe there is a module somewhere for your cms with some kinda ladder.

Anyway just a thought, I myself would be interested in entering for definate

I like that idea, and then again I don't because of the competition. I like playing Quake for fun, not for brute competition.

Comment

i absolutely detest 1on1. now, if this was team ladder, or even CTF ladder, i might be in on that.

Comment

1on1 was just example, but was just trying to get some games going

Comment

This is a good discussion to bring up. I have no answers; only questions.

I do know a ladder run by Darkside in the IHOC community was successful for a while, but eventually it was too much work to get Player X and Player Y to play at the same time and had more forfeits than matches towards the end.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

How about a weekly team game. It could be twice a week but each week we draw teams, and the teams stick for the whole week. Could be DM, CTF, RQ CA or just quake-bingo for all i care. Just something!
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

How about a game night for certain games, like thursday night's pub ctf night? Everyone who's interested try to get on ctf that night? Maybe another night for another mod? That would be simpler and more practical than something that would require more organization, and it wouldn't screw everything up if some people didn't show.

uakene.com

Comment

You know I would be interested in a CTF RQ nite..I'm all for the team stuff guys!

Come visit us: www.etfellowship.com

Comment

Count me in although I dunno about my ping from uk 120ish is playable

Comment

My old 200+ ping on dial-up was playable. I was still better than most people.

Comment

I'm up for some ladder gaming.

DarkSide aka CoolBrz had a good ladder match running @ ihoc server's awhile back , and it was pretty successful.
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                      X