This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QExpo 2006

Quake Expo, more commonly known as QExpo is coming once again this summer, tentatively from July 17th till July 27th. It is centered around July 22nd, the 10th birthday of Quake registered version.

For those who arent in the know, QExpo is an online exposition celebrating Quake and occurs every other year. The last one was in 2005 but we are making an exception for 2006 due to the anniversary. It is held at a website (last years took place at http://qexpo.quakedev.com and was hosted by MauveBib) and uses PHP to contain virtual booths, basically miniwebsites customized by individuals within the actual website, showing off content they are working on or have released for the expo.

By and large the players I have encountered have not even mildly heard of QExpo, so I want to get the word out to players, and I urge you to do so whenever youre on a server, to tell them of the celebration of Quake called QExpo this summer, mid July.

If you are looking to have your own booth, then it should have content to put in it, whether the point of your booth is to act as a preview to your work, or a show case of it. Maps, mods, art, fiction, machinima, engines, and basically anything else, as long as it is Quake related.

Also if you happen to run a server, July would be a good time to give it a brief switch up with QExpo themes, running QExpo released content, or just sponsoring QExpo for the sake of Quake player unity.

I really hope to see players, NQ and QW alike, attending this year as it will be just a mouseclick away, as well as modders, mappers, and engine people and anyone else in between who just loves Quake. Also during the Expo some interviews will be published as it progresses, one of which is about to go underway with a prominent figure in Quake's creation.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Somehow, I think there will be a lot of booths requested for Quake Expo just from regulars at this site :d

I might need 5 or 6 myself :d
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Id suggest keeping 1 booth per person, just do multiple pages within your booth (Sajt did that last year). Just strive for excellency in the content you present =)

BTW if anyone may want it we can offer editing suggestions to your booth for clarity and presentations sake.

Comment

I didn't I had everything listed on the page under headers and an index at the top of links to anchors. Other people did multi page booths though.

Comment

Quake Radio booth anyone?
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

You can certainly have one if you wish, I will make a post here, on other forums, and a newspost on i3d when the site is public to start building booths before the Expo starts.

Actually Im gonna try and talk with you on AIM tonight about this.

Comment

QExpo2006 booth registration is now public!

http://www.quakeexpo.com/

QExpo starts on Monday the 17th!

Comment

Will there be a booth for the leet awesome high-graphix quake10year textures for darkplaces?! I can't wait to beat the hell out of DP on my speed-demon of a new computer (when I get it).

Comment

Unknown, thats Kedhrin's call. DP will have a booth but I dont know if Kedhrin intends to have one or not yet.

Comment

Quake Expo 2006 has begun! Go forth, gather rockets and frag!

www.quakeexpo.com

Comment

I'm not going to make a big deal about this, but I have a booth for my stories:

http://quakeexpo.com/booth.php?id=110

Comment

good stuff everyone. This qexpo site is awesome! 3 thumbs up!

Comment

Now, that's sick...
                          e|------------------------0---------------
                          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                          A|---------------0------------------------
                          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X