It's all about nothing really.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all about nothing really.

Okay, eons ago I said I would upload 'Quake Paper Figurines' for all the monsters in Quake.

Well... I put a lot of work into it, all the models were finished - then my kid destroyed my computer and I had to reimage it. I backed up everything but the models. It was a sad day. I just re-did a bunch of them, Hellknight, Ogre, Shambler, and Wizard are all done.

These models should work, if you want to test them out great, if not - you're not going to break my heart (nothing like grown men playing with paper dolls) .

They are all in .pdo format - you'll have to install Pepakura to open the files, you can assign a texture to the model from the game - whether it's the original or another custom texture, it should work just fine. I know this isn't a "super user friendly" format, but for those interested, it's not much of a hurdle.

Let me know if you have any issues with the models, I'll eventually make simple .pdf print-outs that include the original and 3-4 custom textures each.

The current models can be downloaded HERE!
    Last edited by QuakeRoot; 09-16-2013, 07:19 PM.

That's pretty cool, man. Good Job!
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

SWEET me and the boy are loading the nerf guns and are ready to kill some monsters.

Comment

thats pretty awesome!
        i like papercraft, and its awesome to have some papercraft of more quake models other then shambler

especially cant wait till you make the fiend, since its my favve monster in the game <3

i has a lil request if i may... if you do the rottweiler, could you perhaps also make a papercraft model of capnbubs dog?
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...provement.html

the original dog-model looks ugly as shit cuz of all the horrible texture-stretching all over,
        and capnbubs improved model doesnt and still looks like it belong in quake cuz
        it looks the same as the original dog but just slightly more detail and no texture-stretching
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

the shambler you made has problems

several parts are partially on one page and partially on another page, which results in these pieces getting split when printed
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

nice.
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
              the shambler you made has problems

several parts are partially on one page and partially on another page, which results in these pieces getting split when printed
              ...crap.
              I'll look into that.

& yes, I can extract the Capt Bubs dog.
              Last edited by QuakeRoot; 09-16-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

printed and put together the scrag last night

some parts where kinda difficult to put together cuz of tiny flaps, but overall it wasnt very hard and i could make it in just a couple hours

you might wanna look into those tiny flaps though, and perhaps split the model into a couple more parts to be able to have bigger flaps.

overall it wasnt bad at all though, and quite easy

will make some pics later to show it

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  printed and put together the scrag last night

some parts where kinda difficult to put together cuz of tiny flaps, but overall it wasnt very hard and i could make it in just a couple hours

you might wanna look into those tiny flaps though, and perhaps split the model into a couple more parts to be able to have bigger flaps.

overall it wasnt bad at all though, and quite easy

will make some pics later to show it
                  Minteresting. (The "M" was placed deliberately).
                  Please post a picture of the Scrag immediately. Or you will anger the gods. So many of them. SO... MANY.

That being said - all those fun tiny tabs? They're auto-generated by Pepakura, I have no control over their placement or their size (or do I...? I'll look a bit more into that but I doubt it). I'm going to try to unfold the rest of the models using options in Blender. I should have more power over the model and tabs.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Scrag, it is the simplest model (this statment isn't intended to offend, it's just a fact - it has the least polygons, & it's awesome), let me know how the Ogre goes.

Comment

earlier wanted to get the camera to make some pics,
                    but sadly it pointed out the thing is gone

it mustve gotten lost on vacation

Comment

The Fiend is now complete. This took several hours to complete, the Fiend (Demon) has a lot of parts... horns, back-cut knees, hooves etc.

To all those who attempt to build the Fiend, take your time, don't get frusterated, there are a lot of parts but it is do-able.

Get The Fiend Here.
                      Last edited by QuakeRoot; 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

The Enforcer model has been extracted - same link. It's kinda cool actually.

Comment

coolies

Comment

The Knight model has been extracted. Download at the same location.

Comment

The Grunt model has been extracted.
                              This one was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
                              Ran into some problems with the chest and back-plate, but made it work.

Download of course, from the same page.

Comment

Working...
                              X