Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Urban Terror have a single-player mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Urban Terror have a single-player mode?

I haven't downloaded Urban Terror yet. So far it looks very addictive. But I have to ask you this question: Does Urban Terror feature any single-player levels or maps? Sometimes I prefer single-player (for the sake of practice).

A great video (in my opinion):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBwhH5wdFY0]Urban Terror Gameplay (TDM) - YouTube[/ame]
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

here's a link that can help you
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

You can add bots and play them but as for playing monsters and etc no. I play Urban Terror more then Quake because its more active.

Comment

Bot support died out during the upgrades that I didnt follow. I'm still waiting on Urban Terror HD ~ Urban Terror News : Cats : Urthd

good news is, they are using Unreal Engine 4 now not Unreal Engine 3.

Keep your eyes peeled cuz about once every two months I bother to check in on UrT HD. I been waiting for what seems eternity now!

ps : the bots was retarded beyond belief, if you think Quake bots are mindless point-click dumb asses, don't expect some badass AI. They get stuck everywhere,congregate in the spawn locations,and a bunch of other stupidity that I'm recalling from memory.

My last heavy HOORAH in Urban Terror was version 2.7, so there is a chance I'm conveying old news and or dated news
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Bots are still dumb. They work in 4.2 just as they always have. Several servers still run bots on them.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
            Bots are still dumb. They work in 4.2 just as they always have. Several servers still run bots on them.
            LOL. The bots make for good sniping practice atleast hahahaha
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yes. Now i did find one server however the bots were almost god-like and they killed me every time i popped around a corner. I found out the owner of the server is also a developer for Urban Terror and uses it as a test server. I watched 3 bot's use extreme way points around the map. I tried to join again after figuring out they follow the same way points over and over. They basically circle the map and once they return to the point started they go in reverse, i sat in a corner with sniper and soon as the bitches hit the corner i fired but was too late they already fucked me up LOL, I killed 1 of 3 every time but could not get the other 2 for shit.

Comment

I appreciate your answers. Thanks. While we're on the subject of Urban Terror, I thought that this would be a sick idea for Urban Terror... Picture this... A subway map for Urban Terror. It would be great for deathmatching!

If the image does not work, here's the link: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/subwa...m-15702490.jpg
                "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

UT has bots and maybe has a GPL violation
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                    Wow talk about vague! Next time do us the favor of elaborating instead of just randomly throwing out shenanigan quality replies?

-Urban Terror was originally a Quake3 mod TOTAL CONVERSION, it was offered for free and you was required to own Quake3 to play this game.
                    -Then it moved to ioQuake3 and became a stand-alone game offered for free again.......
                    -Then it was temporarily being developed on UDK3 to learn the UDK way...

Originally posted by Unreal Engine 4
                    Well folks it's time for the moving trucks to arrive for Urban Terror. We have explored several options and finally decided on moving to Unreal Engine 4.

For the last few months we've been working on UDK3 (ie. casa screenshot which was shown on FB and Twitter) in order to "learn the UDK way" and everything done for UDK3 is already done as well for UDK4. You can read all about Unreal 4 at https://unrealengine.com/

This has a lot of advantages for us and our community. We have full access to the engine source code and we will be able to use Steam to distribute the game. As we learn more about UE4 we will keep you posted.

It stemmed from when chatting with other multiplayer gamers and I was like Yea I play UT, Unreal Tournament was everyones response. NO! Bzzzzt wrong!

IDK what gives you the idea that the Urban Terror dev's are violating GPL somehow, I'm completely ignorant on GPL discussion but I know this much ....

FROZEN SAND is a licensee of Unreal Engine 4 ($$$$$$$$$$$)

Unreal Engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Urban Terror News

That accusation about GPL violation is hella funny.... because someone prior to you would have called foul long ago,that just isn't the case. If you're indicating the BOTS are a violation of GPL, lol, once again, someone would have called foul long ago. I just don't see it. I don't read it either ; http://urbanterror.wikia.com/wiki/Bots

Originally posted by UrT Wiki
                    Bots are unsupported in Urban Terror. They were implemented to the point of (sort of) working, and then the developer who wrote the code left FrozenSand (to go on to bigger and better things). As such, users should not expect much from bots. They are what they are and could have been removed completely, but they were left in the game.
                    Did someone say SUBWAY? Second Assault , Battlefield 4 , Operation METRO!
                    If you happened to pickup your free copy of Battlefield 3 when it was offered @ 'On the House' from Origin , you can get your subway deathmatch right fn now! No need to wonder how awesome it would be, it's fucking awesome.I speak from experience, both in the original Operation Metro & Operation Metro 2014, which is apart of the Second Assault DLC of Battlefield 4

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJteC2PHew[/ame]
                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niXsArTQB6Q[/ame]

Rated B for Badass. HOWEVER, You will not find the game mechanics as full-filling if you're a fan of the bunny hop in UrT
                    (OH SO HOW I LOVE THE BUNNY HOP). <----- thats facts of life
                    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-02-2014, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                      Not even close. Bases are loaded and they made a grand slam. As Mindz said, someone would have called foul long ago.

Comment

seems that you are big fans of "poor man's counter-strike",so much as to not understand the irony. Maintain a closed source based on quake 3 engine barely helpful to the community. and "maybe" means "maybe"

syluxman2803

Comment

poor mans counter strike? are you serious? counter strike is a fucking mod from Half-Life originally.

pot calling the kettle black brah. now THATS irony.

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                          Irony (from Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία (eirōneía), meaning "dissimulation, feigned ignorance"[1]), in its broadest sense, is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or event characterized by an incongruity, or contrast, between what the expectations of a situation are and what is really the case, with a third element, that defines that what is really the case is ironic because of the situation that led to it. Irony may be divided into categories such as: verbal, dramatic, and situational.
                          You're taking the cake in all three instances, Verbal, Dramatic,and Situational.

>_> someones mad bro <_<
                          or a huge fan of counterstrike with a dash of fanboyism , considering not one single person bothered with mentioning CS, this is a discussion about UrT so thus forth you are seeing a discussion about Urban Terror.

Now that I've responded faster than my brain was able to process you're tounge out of cheek commentary, stop avoiding the subject YOU brought up. How is Silicon Ice / Frozen Sand violating GPL? You deflected the subject YOU brought up by trash talking Urban Terror but offered zero credits to back up your so far unfounded and unwarranted claim that GPL violation is occurring or HAS occurred.

I challenge you to stick to your guns and state your case beyond mere opinion, which you anecdotally threw shit talking about Urban Terror but failed to state your case.

Some how, Bots in Urban Terror = GPL Violation is what you was trying to say before butt-hurt commentary (poor mans counter strike) drivel exited your keyboard,flew across the Atlantic Ocean,and landed in this discussion about Urban Terror.
                          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-04-2014, 03:09 AM.

Comment

You are absolutely right about this. To keep closed source is amazing. I'm crying because of your overwhelming logic. Please stop myself ridiculous, I think you're a rhetoric genious
                            Last edited by nahuel; 08-04-2014, 05:37 AM.

syluxman2803

Comment

hehe it's possible that they purchased a license from iD and made the standalone....?
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X