This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your modeling project(s)

Wanted to see what everyone was modeling and what modeling projects they were doing.

would be great to see other peoples works.

Shock trooper, might put him in quake as a reference for the fun of it.

Not really good at modeling, but I'm somehow getting there, just takes time.
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

i am currently busy on this (ignore the funky colors, i always do that cuz it makes it easier to see all parts)

a vinyl deck. its based on the Stanton T.92 USB

modelling part is done, model is also UV-mapped already.
    so im just now at the part where i can get to texturing it

random: i like these kinda threads, its nice to see what everyone is working on outside the game.
    and am kinda surprised there wasnt a thread like this yet here at quakeone
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
      random: i like these kinda threads, its nice to see what everyone is working on outside the game.
      and am kinda surprised there wasnt a thread like this yet here at quakeone
      I'm surprised too, thought by now someone would make this thread as well.

Comment

So what model is that going to be used for Talisa?

Comment

just like most models i make,
          i initally just made this item cuz i enjoy modelling and making stuff.

like most stuff i make i also made this item for use in second life.

i made it cuz i was displeased with the general bad quality of DJ-items in second life.
          im a DJ myself and also in SL like to have some good gear for when at a club you have to bring any stuff like DJ-booth yourself.

a lot of DJ-items in second life look just like this

a photo of DJ-equipment slapped onto a flat box... really?

or stuff like this which is more 3D but still doesnt look actual equipment and still looks bleh

another box... with buttons and knobs on it

there is some good stuff on second life, im not saying everything is bad
          like there's also this for example, which actually looks quite good:

but there is also the thing that most of them are not modelled after real items, and the fact i like to have something thats unique cuz i made it myself.
          so i decided to make some good-looking 3D-models based on the real-life equipment i like in high-poly

some time ago i also made a midi-controller (mixer) model

and this way ill have a set with a vinyl-deck and mixer when its done
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

wicked stuff, Talisa. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

"Time for a little ass kicking!!! "

-Shock trooper (?)

Made this with make human (at least i would incorporate the face).

Comment

made some progress on texturing the vinyl-deck:

Comment

It reminds me of the Technics SL1200 Mk2's. Ahhh nostalgia
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

just looked that turntable you mentioned up and i can see the link yus
                    they do sorta look alike-ish indeed

Comment

Ah, yes the Technics 1210 mk2...

This is a Blender render too.

-Source-
                      Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

ah yus, looks nice

made some more progress on texturing:

added details to the base and textured the motor-button and the parts on the back.
                        just need to add details also to the texture of the base

and after that its on to the feet and the disc and the part underneath it...
                        and of course the cartridge also (part which holds the needle)

Comment

Awesome stuff guys! You are very talented
                          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Talisa, you still play SL? I haven't logged on in over 3 year's now. Glad I am over that addiction.

Comment

@nahuel
                              thanx! my skills are not that amazing though

@wicked
                              yes i do still log into SL quite regularly, although not as much as i used to.

SL is a huge creative outlet for me personally, i love creating items and looks and such.
                              and i have lots of close friends on there which i couldnt bare to have to miss

Comment

Working...
                              X