This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @TM
    the exact same one? an apple IIc with flat-panel display?

if so, thats an awesome coincidence then
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• LOL, no, they were Apple IIs, but I can't remember which one. We were lucky to have colour monitors IIRC. Back then a 'Graphics app' was a BASIC application that you wrote yourself that told the computer (manually) which of the pixels in the tiny array where which balance of red green and blue.

Comment

• currently making a Japanese Shinto shrine for a friend

are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• finished the whole thing

and i UV-mapped all parts

met someone a couple days ago who does graphical design,
          who im hoping will be willing to lend a hand in texturing the whole thing

Comment

• That looks pretty cool!
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• thanx sylux!

talked with the commissioner and the person who will texture it,
              and the idea will be that its gonna look old and abandoned

curious to see how it will end up looking, since someone else will be texturing it for me
              and the instructions from the commisioner were kinda vague-ish... just 'old and abandoned'
              Last edited by talisa; 11-11-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• A quake mod, based on Japanese culture, would be interesting. The hell knights have always reminded me of samurai vaguely.
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• 338 tri's

Comment

• The Old One breached a Dark Young.

Of course The Orb caught its eye

While Bender jumped the gun.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Madfox; 05-01-2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madfox View Post
                      Bender went nuts and jumped the gun!

I like that one.
                      I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                      But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

• Then that one likes you!

Comment

• q1 bender YES YES YES
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• +1 for the Bender.
                            (I never thought I would hear myself say that as in England that has another meaning)

I have virtually no talent in the Blender area but I had an hour free and thought I would try and make something familiar. It has no textures yet and isn't finished but can you tell what it is yet...?

Kind regards

Monty
                            Mr.Burns
                            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• That's the Quake start map and it looks pretty good. If you can do that in blender you could do it in any map editor... probably a lot easier.
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                                That's the Quake start map and it looks pretty good. If you can do that in blender you could do it in any map editor... probably a lot easier.
                                Thanks MG. It's just a little project to help me learn a little game dev using some very rudimentary models so portability is the key and the fact that I can just update it in Blender and drop an exported object file in to my game project and I'm good to go.
                                Speaking of rudimentary models, and as this is the modeling thread, this attempt at a basic Plasma gun/ LG type weapon came out much worse when it is in the players hand than I had hoped and probably a good example of how not to do it....

Oh well, even a cool texture from Talisa won't save that one. It's back to the drawing board

Kind regards

Monty
                                Last edited by Mr.Burns; 12-22-2015, 06:45 AM.
                                Mr.Burns
                                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
                                X