X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @gypsy
    the foundation was easily slapped together using the mirror modifier

the wooden beams on bottom of the roof i actually did just make one single beam and then used an array to create the rest, and then added mirror for the other side

the arches are all seperate meshes so that they can be placed around seperately and the shrine itself can also be placed somewhere without the arches if desired

@Tea Monster

thanx a lot
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• just finished a pair of leather cyber-boots for ponies yesterday

the boots were inspired by a piece of art i found: https://derpibooru.org/609524?scope=...375ec14c17a09c

I made the boots to add to and complete my cybergoth outfits

i made the borders and profile both be recolorable to any color,
      so that people can make the boots match their outfits
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• made replica's of hexen's mana & tome of power from heretic/hexen

both were made for a customer in second life

the mana i will probably make a version of for use in FTEQW,
        the book i cant make for FTEQW because i didnt make the skull & i dont own the model-file of the skull

so would have to see if i can find a nice-looking free model of a skull which is free to use
        Last edited by talisa; 12-12-2016, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• If you look around on Blendswap and Turbosquid, you might find a few sculls.

Have you ever done any sculpting?

Comment

• didnt know of blendswap
            found a nice skull on it for which only credits needs to be given & which may be freely modified and distributed
            http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/4792

thanx for telling me about the site

and no, ive never done any sculpting myself

Comment

• shazaam...

coming soon to an fteQW near you

Comment

• catwoman

No whipping cream.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  shazaam...

coming soon to an fteQW near you
                  That looks really good talisa!

Can I make a minor suggestion? You might try and gradually darken the edges of skull, where it contacts the book cover. The transition will be less sharp. A few dirt smudges/scratches on the cover would really give it character as well, making it look less clean.

The corners look really slick with the pronounced/raised parts, well done.
                  'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

• thanx dutch

its actually a modified version of the book i made long ago for hexen2

and yeah i might do that some time in the future,
                    add some fake 'AO' to the edges of the skull where it meets the book

Comment

• Bake the AO directly. Cycles is pretty good at that now and you can use a cage to avoid lots of messyness.

Here is some stuff I've been working on with KuriKai for Doom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
                        Bake the AO directly. Cycles is pretty good at that now and you can use a cage to avoid lots of messyness.

Here is some stuff I've been working on with KuriKai for Doom.

No one has done good HD sprites for Doom 1/2 because there are so many sprites and they take forever. I'd still love to see some models for Doom that are faithful to the classic designs but look nice today.

And any chance to get the Doom barrel to look a little more like this?

Comment

• Yeah, can do.

Comment

• And above I meant to say no one has done faithful monster models. Obviously you've done some great faithful item models there. I'll look for your models when you release them because that looks like great work!

Comment

• Monster models are in production. I don't want to turn this into a Doom thread, but more details are here: DMP2 (DOOM model project 2) &bull; Doomsday Engine User Forums

Comment

• @tea monster

now that's some fine work! Never was a big fan of Doom, always been a Quaker at heart, but these models make me wanna play it.

Are there modern doom engines that support 3d models?
                                Last edited by Dutch; 02-11-2017, 08:22 PM.
                                'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
                                X