• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

made some more updates to the case

happened to find a great hires pic of the exact lock used on the case

so i started modelling the locks using the pic as reference

full pic of the case with WIP-locks on it
    Last edited by talisa; 12-14-2014, 07:49 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

even more progress!

made the latch itself

now only to add the key-hole and then the lock will be done

case with near-finished lock:
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

added the keyhole to the lock

and i added the hinges to the backside

and i build everything in a way so that i can easily open the chest

modelling stage nearly done now
        just need to add handles on sides, the feet, and the foam on inside of lid

Comment

lastly made the handles on sides and made the foam inside the lid.

thanx to the tut shambler234 linked over here:http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post154217
          i could bake normals and AO-map from a supersmoothed version of the foam, so that even on a flat plane the foam will still appear 3D-ish in-game

also, i added feets to the case:

so modelling stage is done, now to get to UV-mapping all parts
          Last edited by talisa; 12-14-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

after several hours of almost non-stop work just finished UV-mapping all parts of the model

so tomorrow i can start texturing the model

Comment

and.... its done

Comment

GREAT... but if I may ask, what are you going to do with it?
                Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Nice work Talisa.

If it's possible to use normal maps, you could just bake details like the keyholes down to a normal map and reduce the polycount of the object. But I don't know what you've got in mind

You might also want to use smooth shading on the rounded part of the latch (and an edge split modifier or something like that to create smoothing groups.)
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

@GB
                    aye aye, i have given the model smooth shading and done edge-splits where neccesary

prefer to work in blender without any lights in the scene, and work in fullbright.
                    my pic is also just a screenshot i made using printscreen button, and not a render.
                    so model looks a lil flat in the pic cuz of that.

here's an in-game screenshot with shadows & lighting

@damage
                    I'll upload it to Second Life and will add it to a set of models ive been making,
                    which are all DJ equipment: a mixer, vinyl decks, a DJ-table, and big-ass speakers.

all models that make up the set ive made myself

mixer:

vinyl decks:

table:
                    Last edited by talisa; 12-15-2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

DOH... I got it now. I remember those DJ models you were working on before. Looks very nice, good job.
                      Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Looks great talisa.

Comment

thanx both

Comment

@Talisa

I can always count on your to be making something so very cool! Even if its not quake related! That tutorial has done you well! The foam looks fantastic.

Comment

thanx primal

and yes, the tutorial really helped a lot with being able to bake good normals and AO-maps

Comment

Looks great talisa.

That link really did work out for you, sadly i still have yet to get a hang of baking VIA cage.

I can bake normally though.
                                I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                                But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                X