X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7iod8O6sWo

Comment

• Cheers. I was kind of thinking of him when I did that. I wanted some kind of 'face', even though it was a spider.

I like your nailgun Talisa and your turret looks sweet Gypsy.

LOL Cobolt. I remember watching that when I was a kid. I think my parents took me out to see Destroy all Monsters at the cinema when it came out! In Baby Godzilla's defence, if you would have met a (to scale) donkey sized spider when you were out, it would mess you up. Seriously.

Comment

• Mean old Kumonga! Big fan as I grew up on the Gamera and Godzilla movies among others.

Incidentally a favorite Quake II mod of mine was Destroy All Monsters by COR Entertainment. Its an arena style game, that pits the players against Kaiju such as Godzilla, Mothra, Gabarra, Mogera, etc. I wonder if I still have that somewhere.
        Last edited by xaGe; 02-04-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• thanx TeaMonster!

finished UV-mapping the model earlier

done enough modelling for today now though...
          i been busy with modelling ~10 hours today, lol

tomorrow or such ill look into texturing the nailgun

not sure yet wether to go with plastic like original or perhaps metal-ish...
          metal might be cooler and make more sense since it shoots nails that are twice as big as the ones the real thing shoots.
          and since itll be actually shooting them like a gun, metal instead of plastic would make more sense.
          Last edited by talisa; 02-04-2015, 05:59 PM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• tada!

decided to go with the original color-scheme for the gun.
            of course i changed the name on the side to abbreviation of my SL store,
            and i changed the volt-indication on the battery for fun to 230 (voltage used in europe for electricity)

i might look perhaps another time into making a second set of metal-themed textures for it, but for now im quite content actually with how they look

only problem is that now that i need to find someone who could script a set of them as weapons in second life...
            cuz the only few people i know who can script in SL are either unavailable or cant script these kinda items
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• talisa nice nail gun!

Comment

• Talisa, wow! That looks amazing! The talent just oozes from your work. I think I would like to do some carpentry work in quake. The detail is impressive!

Comment

• thanx xage and primal!

also.... ima just leave this here

surprisingly looks awesome, expected they would look weird from this angle.

my nailguns require a QC-mod though to move the spawn-position of nails further apart.
                  moving the nailguns close enough together so that they are just as far apart as the original nailgun's barrels just looked kinda weird imo

also have added a custom sound-effect from a RL nailgun as replacement for the normal nailgun sound

didnt make a pickup model for them either, still have to do that, but should be easy

when i do ill also add my own nail-model as replacement model for use with them
                  Last edited by talisa; 02-07-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• That is looking nice. Only thing I'd suggest is to grunge down the textures a bit.

Comment

• Think she had secondlife in mind as much as maybe quake when she made them. Dirtying up the textures or total replacement with something more Quake oriented shouldn't be too hard I would think.

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
                      That is looking nice. Only thing I'd suggest is to grunge down the textures a bit.
                      Nice to see them in game!

Comment

• aye, i didnt have quake in mind originally when i made this model.
                        my idea for them was to script them as weapons in second-life.

animating them for quake was just an afterthought cuz of primal's question a few pages ago when i first posted an early WIP pic of the model
                        Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
                        A cool nail gun replacement for the Quake lover?

'grunging down' the textures would surely be do-able without much effort,
                        but i dunno if i really wanna go that far, since i didnt make the model with quake in mind
                        and instead i had second life in mind for the models, to script a set of them up as weapons

EDIT:
                        here are two packs of the nailguns i made which i set up for quake.

one for use with stock quake which includes its own progs.dat for adjusted nail-position:
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hu94oa8xs...ke%29.rar?dl=0

and one made for use with the SMC, which supports the SMC's Q3quad effect
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqtcsqlnjp...MC%29.rar?dl=0
                        this version doesnt include a progs.dat since the SMC itself allows adjusting of nail-position through the smc_config.cfg

both versions also include custom sounds, which are sounds of actual RL nailguns

if anybody feels like going through the effort of grunging up the textures themselves,
                        please do feel free to do so, and of course do share the edited textures
                        Last edited by talisa; 02-10-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• @talisa These look great in game! You're the queen of models I like the sound too!

Comment

• thanx primal

the sound i found online. browsed several sites for sounds of real nailguns and tried multiple of them out in-game,
                            and the one i ended up putting in the pk3 sounded best and seemed the most fitting

Comment

• @talisa/modelling speed/models

I agree with gb, you model pretty fast. Your models are really clean too. I like how you realistically added in the entire battery connection port as opposed to just making it a blank face. Actually, I'll go as far as to admit that I said "daaaang" when I saw that.
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• haha thanx gypsy

i love small details like that, i am all about details myself.

that, and i had the idea to add an option to the weapon in SL to allow swapping out the battery with a new one.
                                so i wanted the battery to have the full plug and the base to at least have some simple tube for the plug,
                                so that the player can actually see the hole where the plug used to be during reloading

Comment

Working...
                                X