This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx

havent tried cage-baking yet, havent had a need for that method yet.

but baking normals and AO-maps for a flat surface based on a high-poly model gives great results
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

"Big Uh Freaking gun"

BFG 10k (Q2)
      I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
      But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Here's one of mine, since I just posted it on twitter I'll also dump it here.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Some kind of cycle like vehicle GB? Looks interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
            Some kind of cycle like vehicle GB? Looks interesting.
            Actually a rifle strongly inspired by motorcycle design.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

That's very nice, more so interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                Actually a rifle strongly inspired by motorcycle design.
                have any other angles of view? or, which side is the muzzle facing.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

@golden_boy

That's some slick work! Chopper in the palm of your hand.

Comment

fancy looking model GB

very interesting design
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

The pointy end is the front. It shoots some sort of energy beam.

This is an old model, I'll need to make a few more passes I guess.
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post

The pointy end is the front. It shoots some sort of energy beam.

This is an old model, I'll need to make a few more passes I guess.
                        Nice.
                        I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                        But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Scout's Journey
                          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

inspired by one of the skins for the SMG in saints row 4,
                            i got the idea to make a replica of a real-life nailgun and make it a weapon

after looking at some nailgun models i decided to go with the design of a dewalt DC618K

so far only got most of the handle and battery and there's still some details missing and it needs some work,
                            but its starting to look like something so i decided to make a pic to show y'all

they have a magazine of up to 120 nails in RL, but if i actually make it usable as weapon in SL ill probably go with 30 of 45 nails magazine,
                            cuz probably a weapon with such a huge magazine will be seen as 'cheating', even if they do really have a magazine that big in RL.

and i might make it so you can go akimbo and dual-wield 2 of them
                            Last edited by talisa; 01-29-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Talisa,

I use one close to this model for putting up molding/trim work. It would probably look like a pretty cool weapon indeed! But with a lot more punch than it actually has now. Can't wait to see the finished product! A cool nail gun replacement for the Quake lover? Or is this more for construction work in Second Life?

Thanks for sharing as always!

Comment

lol... that nailgun is a finish gun. It would shoot nails that are thinner than office paperclips. You might want to look up framing nail gun.
                                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                                X