X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if this is perfectly legal to sell in actual stores in real-life

then why wouldnt my crate be legal?

its obviously different and not an original brush-cube taken from the game,
    and i use modified QRP textures on it which are free to use commercially.

also its just a box items that are sold will come in, i am not selling the crate itself.
    Last edited by talisa; 04-30-2015, 04:17 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Looks like i have to upgrade my ram

Other than that I'm enjoying this displacement modifier.
      I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
      But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

• You have an alien and you need ram? lol. I thought aliens were mega gaming computers.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
          You have an alien and you need ram? lol. I thought aliens were mega gaming computers.
          alienware is overhyped crap, rofl

if you look at their website at whats in their supposed 'epic gaming-machines'
          you'll laugh your ass off at how pathetic it is whats actually in them
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
            its obviously different and not an original brush-cube taken from the game,
            and i use modified QRP textures on it which are free to use commercially.
            I don't want to rain on the parade, but the QRP textures seem pretty identical to, or derivative, of Quake's assets - I'm not sure about the "free to use commercially" part. But hey, obviously I'm not copyright police, I'm just wondering.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

You have an alien and you need ram? lol. I thought aliens were mega gaming computers.
              Funny thing is, i didn't buy it. (was a gift)

Now if i had the choice to do so i would probably buy some parts for a computer and build it myself.

But i do agree that Alienware is kinda overhyped and overpriced at that.

But it still beats that crappy Emachine I had.
              Last edited by Shambler234; 05-01-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• It may be an older computer, in which 2gb of RAM would be princely.

If you are low on Memory, switch to GLSL display mode and bake off some normal maps.

Comment

• It could be because of this.

Look at my faces.

That could be the reason why my memory is being used so much.

Comment

• half a million polys? i might hope you're building an entire town with that many polys?

if not you gotta do some serious huge optimization of your model, cuz that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much polys for anything,
                    even models that are specially made purely for 3D renders rarely are made up of that insane amount of polys

even fancy models should remain at max of a few thousand polys at highest,
                    even 10k is an awefull lot for most types of model.

the highest poly-count of any model ive ever made was 6K,
                    which was this fancy necklace i made which had fancy 3D chains

just the chain only makes up half of the polycount of the necklace
                    Last edited by talisa; 05-09-2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      even fancy models should remain at max of a few thousand polys at highest,
                      even 10k is an awefull lot for most types of model.

the highest poly-count of any model ive ever made was 6K,
                      which was this fancy necklace i made which had fancy 3D chains
                      I was afraid of losing detail when I bake normal maps inside blender.

*I use the displacement modifier, I then use the subdivide modifier to smooth out the faces.
                      Last edited by Shambler234; 05-09-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• If that is your high poly, then that's fine. Zbrush sculpts can go up to tens of millions.

Comment

• lol@tea

I never seem to be able to say those types of corrections without sounding like a dick so, I just left it alone

I saw a super realistic model of a kung fu warrior on youTube that was 27 million polygons! You could see the pores in the skin on this thing. Imma see if I can find it again, that model was killer!

Edit: Maaan, I can't find it and I don't want to spend all night looking BUT I found this model which is equally as bad-ass
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjHiC0mt4Ts[/ame]

With technology this superior (including the recommended videos) how long is it before our "world leaders" are "people" that don't even exist? Think about it. Get a bunch of psychologists, propagandists, etc together, create the most likable person ever and put it's invented facade/personality in front of the masses. Make everything super duper so we will vote for whatever it wants, trust it, believe in it and then turn the tables when we have relinquished all control to it. You can't revolt against/dethrone something that doesn't exist. On a world stage it would be easy to explain why this "leader" never makes public appearances.

Now go make a movie about this terrifying idea and when you make a zillion dollars throw me a couple bucks.
                          Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-11-2015, 07:09 PM.
                          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• kEEP IT DOWN DUDE!
                            here's my latedt modeling project...lol
                            http://vid1183.photobucket.com/album...psfe3qucl5.mp4
                            Last edited by bluntz; 05-15-2015, 10:52 PM.
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

lol@tea

I never seem to be able to say those types of corrections without sounding like a dick so, I just left it alone

I saw a super realistic model of a kung fu warrior on youTube that was 27 million polygons! You could see the pores in the skin on this thing. Imma see if I can find it again, that model was killer!

Edit: Maaan, I can't find it and I don't want to spend all night looking BUT I found this model which is equally as bad-ass
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjHiC0mt4Ts

With technology this superior (including the recommended videos) how long is it before our "world leaders" are "people" that don't even exist? Think about it. Get a bunch of psychologists, propagandists, etc together, create the most likable person ever and put it's invented facade/personality in front of the masses. Make everything super duper so we will vote for whatever it wants, trust it, believe in it and then turn the tables when we have relinquished all control to it. You can't revolt against/dethrone something that doesn't exist. On a world stage it would be easy to explain why this "leader" never makes public appearances.

Now go make a movie about this terrifying idea and when you make a zillion dollars throw me a couple bucks.
                              lol l that's what they did to make the mandarin in iron man 3.
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• made a shield for a good friend today:

its a replicae of the 'burwark of azzinoth' shield from WoW

my friend is a WoW-player and she wanted some gear that looks like the ones she has in WoW
                                Last edited by talisa; 05-20-2015, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X