Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You made all of that? I'm impressed. Personally, I thought the plasma gun alternative was cute. It's not a very quake-like weapon but, I think it could work well in a less serious environment. Keep it up, you got something going.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Comment

• That's quite impressive. I think if you fiddle with the FOV and position the weapon closer to the HUD, you'd probably get away with that. Yeah, you can probably do better, but you could make that one look better.

Is that Unity?
        Last edited by Tea Monster; 03-13-2016, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Hi TM

Yes it's the latest free version of unity 3D 5. Once I have everything operating as it should in my little proof of concept I hope to be able to improve on all the weapons and entities and replace the prototypes one by one. Sadly real life gets in the way sometimes .

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement, especially coming from someone of your standing it really is appreciated

Kind regards

Monty
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• Some stuff I made for Quake2.

And last but not least, my custom rockets and rocket ammo pickups. Dicks. Yep. I thought it would be funny to shoot rocket propelled penises at people.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
              You made all of that? I'm impressed. Personally, I thought the plasma gun alternative was cute. It's not a very quake-like weapon but, I think it could work well in a less serious environment. Keep it up, you got something going.
              Thanks MG. As a learning process I've added another weapon to my little project and, in the hope that it encourages others, here is my humble little autosentry...

It is only a functional test so it isn't lit or textured properly but hopefully people will get the idea.

Keep up the good work everyone and most importantly have fun doing it

Kind regards

Monty
              Mr.Burns
              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

• since last time i posted anything here, i've started creating clothing for second life

someone also commisioned me to create a set of corset-piercings

and just recently ive made some MLP-related stuff:

the tiara and neckband from nightmare rarity

and ive remade an item i made long ago in blender:

the DJ-booth from vinyl scratch aka DJ pon3

oh, and of course i finished that japanese shrine that i posted WIP-pics from last time:

ended up texturing it myself as the person who i asked make textures sadly became unavailable due to being to busy with school and RL
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hmmmm...nice Talisa!

Comment

• Agreed.
                    That's quite a skill you've got there

Kind regards

Monty
                    Mr.Burns

Comment

• Love the Knott work !
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

• thanx everyone for the compliments

@bluntz
                        thanx, i actually studied pictures of a real harness to figure out
                        exactly how the ropes are tied together to make all knots be 100% accurate,
                        and to make my harness be 100% authentic and accurate to the real deal.

just like with a real shibari harness my harness is one single really long rope.
                        you can actually start at one thigh and follow the rope all the way around and end up at the other thigh.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Great work, Talisa. Did you use an array and path to create the rope one? If not, wow! That's a lot of work to do by hand.

Comment

• nope, i created the entire rope by hand.
                            i did use mirror modifier for most of the rope though except for the parts with knots

Comment

• I believe it may even be somewhere in this thread where I introduced you to Arrays. I don't think I covered putting an Array on a path but, you should look into it. You could have modeled a very small piece of rope and had it repeat from one end of a path to the other. Considering your rope is a perfect singular strand, you could have simply treated a path as if it is the rope. You could have probably knocked your modelling time in half or less. Your models are very good but, being a good modeller is more than knowing how to extrude and tweak faces.

example:
                              Your Japanese temple foundation & arch could have been modelled as one triangle and with an array and rotation you could have figuratively spun the foundation & arches out to completion in like 3 mouse clicks and typing the number 90. Even if making the foundation out of cubes was more preferable the arches could have been spun into position with an array.
                              Last edited by MadGypsy; 08-16-2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Looks good though.

Comment

Working...
                                X