Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those models are top notch Talisa. Great job!

@death wish coffee

I'd drink it

@QuaketasticScreens

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to make custom APIs that require Custom APIs... lol. I've got a lot going on with this idea. I could simply "cheat" and use some existing things. It's just not really my style. I get a stupendous feeling of satisfaction from spinning this stuff myself, and every time I do I become a more knowledgeable and versatile programmer.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
      @gypsy

Why would someone pay probably 20 bucks for a bag of coffee that'll brew like 60 or 70 cups, when you can pay 15 bucks for a pack of 12 K-cups and live like a balla, shot calla, 20 inch blades on the impala?

I gots a Pimp breakfast. Word.

Comment

• @death wish coffee

I must find this! I'm a coffee junkie.

@gypsy

I guarantee you don't wake up as groggy as me. I'm pretty much a diesel engine in 10 degree weather.

@focalor

Word up, home slice
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

• @wake up groggy comparison

MF'er I wake up 10 times groggier than you and have to stay awake 4 days for it to wear off! I run like a dead snail chasing a dead turtle!

lmao!.... please recognize how completely unserious I am

KCups...? :nasty face:... Kemistry-set Cups? I'll stick with the ground up all-natural anxiety attacks in a stay-fresh bag.

@Kemistry-set

Woops that was ignorant, apparently it's just pre-portioned grounds. I can measure my own coffee.
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-22-2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• That's what I was hinting at. It's the biggest scam in the history of beverages. Not to mention it's TERRIBLE for the environment. The little cups are non-biodegradable plastic with metal foil over the top. Doesn't matter if you run nothing but the cleanest filtered water through the k-cup brewer, it's still gonna set up scaling and gunk and shit inside that'll make the coffee taste funky. To SOMEWHAT remedy that, you have to run about 2 or 3 cups of white vinegar through it. And then after that, you have to stand there running 30 or 40 MORE cups of nothing but water through it to get the vinegar rinsed out thoroughly otherwise your next cup of coffee will taste like a cat diarrhea and battery acid cocktail.

Trust me. Stick with the Mr Coffee drip machine. The coffees hotter, cheaper and tastes better.

Comment

• You should run vinegar through all coffee pots after a recommended 100 brews. I do not use my pot anymore. I have a metal coffee press. I like it better but, there is no feature on it to boil water. I don't like microwaving things so, I got a thin metal camping pot. I can get water to boil in it really fast.

I'm old so, I save manuals (lol). Here is a pic from my lil 10$ Mr Coffee manual.
              Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-22-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• I drink tea.
                ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• I never could get with the K-cup thing. I'm not much of a coffee-snob. Hell, I'll drink the Folgers instant-mix stuff if it's all I got at the time.

@gypsy

LMAO bro, I wake up cross-eyed with one eyelid half-shut. I seriously want to film myself waking up, just to see how painfully awful it would look to another person haha.

Someone may ask what this has to do with modelling. Well, after I film it, I will take a snapshot of my face and model a new quake monster off of it that would make a shambler shit a scrag-fucked spawn.

Picture that analogy for a moment.
                  'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

• @I drink tea

I used to like tea. As I got older I lost the taste for it...especially sweet tea. I boil rice with herbal tea though.

@Dutch

You win . I think I got you beat from the other end though. I can stay awake til I start understanding the meaning of life, the universe and everything. If you think you wake up groggy...imagine how you would feel/look after 4 days with no sleep...none. If you modeled a quake monster based on me after one of those spells it would basically just look like a zombie with swirly eyes and glowing code delimiter sprites falling off of it but instead of the "nghhhhh" sound effect it would be an infinite run-on sentence of psycho babble that somehow represents the explanation of everything. If you stayed awake for 4 days with me you would probably even start to understand it. It's only 100% true.

Our conversations would be something like

me "And then if we A to B..."
                    you "Yeeeeaaaah!"
                    me "Fuck, it ain't gonna work cause..."
                    you "flip and a drop."
                    me "exactly"
                    together "clean sweep"

lol...its fucked up cause, that nonsense would actually mean something and some mysterious way whatever the fuck we were doing would work. This is actually pretty much how I crammed so many languages in my brain...among other things. I'm feeling it though. I'm pretty sure there is a lump growing in my skull somewhere behind my eyes. There's fuckin something in there.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-23-2017, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                      I used to like tea. As I got older I lost the taste for it...especially sweet tea.
                      I don't drink industrial stuff in teabags, quality tea is so much better. I do sometimes enjoy some earl grey or vanilla tea with sugar and milk, but my favorites are chinese teas, like yunnan, oolong or lapsang-souchong that I drink plain. Sometimes a japanese green tea is nice too.

If you stayed awake for 4 days with me you would probably even start to understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madfox View Post
                        As the map is rather queer to find, here's a link to it.

404 De pagina is niet gevonden

The link is dead.

Comment

• Website about Madfox´s Doom Hangar project: click me

Download of Madfox´s Doom Hangar project: click me softly

Have fun,
                          Seven

Comment

• Thank you Seven!

Comment

• felt like taking a little break from making clothes and decided to make
                              a couple weapons which ive been wanting to make for a long time.

an obrez double-barrel shotgun

and an M79 grenade-launcher

dunno yet if ill actually do anything with the models or not
                              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• some nostalgia cuz i felt like making it after watching a review of the remake of the first trilogy

and after finding some cool neon signs at a store i got inspired to make a neon sign myself

made it from an old model i made a couple years ago of my favourite lovecraftian symbol:
                                the sigil of gateway, which is featured on the cover of the necronomicon
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X