No announcement yet.

HD Texture Sets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The video shows promise. The normal map for your bricks is negative. The brick should protrude slightly more than the mortar. I've built and tuck-pointed plenty of brick walls. The situation your wall depicts would not only be very complicated to reproduce in real life it is impossible to maintain. Less than a year of weather would wash away all the protruding mortar. Even with no weather that stuff would be falling off in chunks in low/no humidity.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Hi MG
      Thanks for contributing I have to agree with you, on the video and even in the mini screenshot on this thread it does look that way. I just fired it back up again and although in game it doesn't seem to look as bad, it does seem to be a bit odd as the Insane bump app seems to have put the dark side at the top if each brick (see screenshot). If anything it looks a little offset to my untrained eye.

E1m7ishWallCloseUp.PNG
      I'll have a tweak with the settings in Insanebump and see if I can fix it.

I don't know if you can access this but I did a quick export of just the WIP e1m7 level (at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqxgY7srs-bFpxqW3o_PTFn6HOVQ) in case creative and helpful people like yourself, Talisa, seven, etc wanted to take a peak or have better ideas. If anyone does want to take a look then please bear in mind that it is a VERY rough unfinished version, it will be broken and full of bugs, please thoroughly virus check it before using, and you use it at your own risk, etc. Oh and press q to exit.

Kind regards

Monty
      Last edited by Mr.Burns; 05-17-2018, 06:12 AM.
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Move the shadow to the mortar and decrease it's "intensity" to 20% of whatever it is (maybe even lower). That should make the mortar look inset or at least get you in the pocket.

Another thing I noticed is that your lights are too hot. You'll get slow roasted in your main room . Then again, maybe that can be your "thing". You can call the map Rotisserie Ranger . Every time you walk in a hot room all the sweat on your body can turn to steam and a little sound effect can play of the ranger saying "Gah!"

@virus check
        Lol! I dig your humbleness but, I doubt you are so bad at making games that you accidentally added a virus
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-17-2018, 08:17 AM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

nice designs

Comment

This thread doesn't seem quite the right place to log the progression of a learning project so I've set up a project thread with a downloadable demo and I'll be posting further updates on there. If anyone is crazy enough to be interested in my wacky little project, and would like post any constructive criticisms and ideas please feel free to join me there.

Kind regards
            Mr.B
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

Good job overall. If you want a copy of my Ogre model in FBX, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
                Good job overall. If you want a copy of my Ogre model in FBX, let me know.
                Hi TM
                As long as you don't mind then yes please. I had planned to integrate your latest version of the Shubby in to my little project over the coming weekend (work permitting) so I could probably try and do the Ogre while I am at it.

Many thanks
                Monty
                Mr.Burns

Comment

I've uploaded an FBX of the Ogre. I've included an FBX texture set for the Ogre (I've not done one for the weapons).

https://github.com/te4monster/classi...ter/Quake/Ogre

The finished Shubby is up there too.

Comment

Hi TM,
                    As is often the case I was unexpededly called in to work on Sunday to deal with a technical issue which blew out my dev time that I had alloted for importing the Ogre. That said I had a tinker with it last night and the ogre model is now in place and looking as follows

Thanks for making this available TM, as mentioned before but just to put your mind at rest I have no plans to sell this as a game, I am merely trying to learn something and possibly give something fun back to the community if I ever manage to finish this, but rest assured full credit would be given for both models.

Kind regards
                    Monty
                    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 01-27-2021, 02:57 PM.
                    Mr.Burns

Comment

He's looking good (if I say so mysefl!). The level looks good.

Comment

Working...
                      X