My "Very Special" Quake Comic 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "Very Special" Quake Comic 3

Crap, a third one fell out my brain. Oh well. What will happen next? It won't have anything to do with Don Knots, I'm sure of that at the least.

Fee Fie Foe Fum
    -Amon

The Doom Mapine!!!! :d

Comment

Wat do you think? should I put the translated version of these suckers up? Or would it de-mystify too much?

Comment

dont translate. art cant be explained

Comment

yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But as an "artist" i always have to go "Is this really entertaining anyone? or is it too obtuse for anyone to get but me?"

I just wanted to give people something with plenty of room to fill in the gaps on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Amon26 View Post
            I just wanted to give people something with plenty of room to fill in the gaps on their own.
            thats exactly what you've done. thats what art is. you can't stand over the viewer's shoulder and explain to him what each element signifies, it just doesn't work. if they like your work, they'll try to construct a message or meaning that grooves with their views and opinions; if they dont like your picture they'll move on, and no amount of explaining will bring them back

Comment

something curious---i have a different reaction to your pictures than other people probably do, because ive taken a lot of ancient greek classes, and you're using the greek alphabet. so the letters mean something different to me than to most other people

Comment

Originally posted by spooker View Post
                something curious---i have a different reaction to your pictures than other people probably do, because ive taken a lot of ancient greek classes, and you're using the greek alphabet. so the letters mean something different to me than to most other people
                EVEN BETTER! :-D

Comment

It takes me a moment, but I can decipher what it is saying. I think I'm actually learning how to read the letters!

Comment

Yah I can decypher it. So I don't know why you bothered to cypher it. Also this one reminds me of the last issue of Dank & Scud.

Comment

I cyphered it for a very obvious reason; The alter of Cerberus atop my monitor told me to.

Comment

Working...
                      X