2005 Quake Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Quake Events

It's a couple of months into 2006, but here is a recap of things that transpired in 2005. Not really in any particular order.

1. QRack was released by Sputnikah. QRack was based on JoeQuake and then a lot of new features were added in. I can't even keep track of all the features.

www.quakeone.com/qrack

2. Slot Zero releases an improved and addictive Rocket Arena at quake.shmack.net:26001

Here is an EZ Installer for it that has all the maps and the sounds, including Rook's Quake Expo RA Maps and CA+ sounds:

Download: Rocket Arena Maps Installer for Windows

3. The TLTQ.com site goes up in flames as Jean-Luc, who had been getting out of control, deletes the database after doing his best impression of Joseph Stalin:

Due to recent events there will be some temporary measures instituted. Until further notice... 1.) Personal attacks of any kind against any individual or any group of individuals in any manner will not be tolerated, and the word ANY should be taken literally. No attacks means no attacks of any kind, period, that any individual or group might find offensive, even if the poster thinks its "innocent fun", "cute", or "tongue-in-cheek" ribbing. Since all posts of this type could be considered flaming, the Asbestos Alley forum has been temporarily disabled and moved. 2.) All threads will be germain to the forum to which they are posted. Failure to meet this criteria will result in the thread being locked and moved. No off-topic posts will be tolerated from anyone in anyone's thread, including your own. Everyone, and again the word everyone should be taken literally, should make sure that their comments are appropriate to the thread in which they make them before hitting the "submit" button. Off topic comments of any kind will result in the thread being locked and possibly moved or deleted, and the poster warned. 3.) There will be a zero tolerance policy instituted for forum postings from anyone questioning any moderation decisions that are made as regards any matter here at TLTQ. The thread will be locked, moved to a hiden archive, or deleted and the poster may be subject to further measures if deemed appropriate. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions of such a nature they should be submitted via Private Message only. Any infractions under these rules will result in a warning via Private Message with a link to this thread for the first offense, a three day ban for the second offense, followed by a longer ban thereafter, possibly even a permanent one. After the first offense and subsequent notification, ignorance will no longer be an acceptable excuse. Govern yourselves accordingly.
    The death of the TLTQ was the inspiration to start QuakeOne.

4. The QuakeOne.com project begins as Steve buys the domain name and emails Yellow No. 5 and myself that he has taken the initiative and setup a test site. We get plenty of help and support from a great many individuals.

5. JoeQuake 0.15 is released, with a lot of radical new features.

The new version included a built-in Quake name maker:

JoeQuake site: http://joequake.quake1.net

6. Bam codes XCTF with input from Baker, Yellow No. 5 and Steve. It's a CTF totally compatible with the legally distributable shareware version of Quake and works with registered Quake too. Crash from Clan of Rum let us host it on his servers.

Site: XCTF 1.00 page

7. Singed.Net becomes the TLTQ replacement site and later gets the plugged pulled by Diazoild.

8. Mysteriously Trinicom, the eternally popular CTF server, dries up and dies. I'm not quite sure I understand what happened there. The server is still around and we often would raid the server for XCTF testing, why did it dry up? No one knows.

9. Intertex CTF (quake.intertex.net) picks up where Trinicom leaves off.

10. Slot Zero adds vote-match to quake.shmack.net:26002 and a lot of matches get played there, including a mini tournament promoted by Singed.

This is a partial list that doesn't include the goings on in other parts of the Quake universe like single player, DarkPlaces, Quakeworld, etc.

It might not even be a complete list from this corner of Quake :d
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

You forgot "Yellow No. 5 gloriously returns to quake after a 5 year absence. Townsfolk rejoice, children sing, the air somehow tastes sweeter, and goodness prevails everywhere...".
    uakene.com

Comment

... and the crops mysteriously die and the sky is filled with dragons.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Not trying to be selfish or looking for glory, but you could mention that I have successfully written two Quake fanfics.

http://www.geocities.com/quadraptor/quakestory.html

Comment

You shall be forever famed in Quake's hallowed halls of champions. Good literature is equal to having good quake skills.

Comment

Working...
          X