DooM beta shipping with pre order of wolfenstein:the new order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DooM beta shipping with pre order of wolfenstein:the new order

i dont read much here, so i didn't know if this was known or now. anyway, woot!
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Preorders for Wolfenstein: The New Order will now get you Doom 4 beta access | GamesBeat | Games | by Dealzon
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Well, nobody really knows what is Doom 4, because there is no a single piece of information on it. Judging by leaked info about problematic development and by the state FPSs are in I wonder how many players here actually care about this offer.

Comment

Not me, rather play doom 3, 2 and 1.
        I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
        But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

I heard that Doom 4 would have become another generic modern FPS like CoD, but then the devs noticed what their child has become and dropped the idea and began from scratch. Not sure if it's true or not, but it sounds realistic. Sorta.
          "I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns."

Comment

I'm pretty damn hyped for both Wolfenstein and Doom to be honest. (Especially considering how much I dislike Doom3, and how it seems like this will be a more action based Doom.)
            twitch
            wew lad

Comment

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Looks interesting, with some old-school humor...
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

The English page automatically redirects me to the German page, top lel.

At least this time Wolfenstein will be released here in Germany as well. Although they replaced the nazis with "The Regime", which kinda ruins it a bit, but this time our sissy politicians won't go apeshit again. Hopefully they didn't have to censor anything else, considering that censoring violence in video games seems to decrease here with time.
                "I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns."

Comment

I just hope doom 4 takes some notes from the original Doom I and II

maybe even a bit of inspiration by Brutal Doom would be cool too.

Hope they don't muck it up and have it end up with DNF-itis

Comment

I agree with -ArDaMaX-... Doom 4 should definitely take some notes from Doom 1 and Doom 2. I love the flavor of the good old days... On a side-note, the new Wolfenstein should not call itself "The new order". (The expression "The new order" is overly used.) The new Wolfenstein should call itself "The Next Generation." I understand that this is all very subjective, but I felt like posting this...
                    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I was going to get it, but I don't really feel like wasting $80 dollars on a game I don't even want and will probably be disappointed by the DOOM beta. I will wait until screenshots and videos pop up of the beta.

Comment

On another Doom I/II note, i sure hope doom 4 comes right off the bat with tools for the community to make their own map sets and such!

That's part of why doom I and II have lived even to this day with active mappers still here and there throughout the woodwork

and of course a big reason why Quake is still played by people today! Allowing full creative power to creative minds.

Comment

Maybe Doom 4 will also get a slice of Rise of the Triad (2013). As in, being modern yet still old-school. Insanely fast-paced, incredible action, clever level design, awesome soundtrack etc. but still with today's graphics. That'd be more than enough to satisfy me.

Comment

Never got too into Doom, but I wonder if a Quake 5 is on the way someday...but in all honesty, Quake1 is already better. They will never make games like Q1 again. Just like classic muscle cars. Good luck finding a hot rod as slick as a '67 fastback mustang.
                            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Seekay View Post
                              Maybe Doom 4 will also get a slice of Rise of the Triad (2013). As in, being modern yet still old-school. Insanely fast-paced, incredible action, clever level design, awesome soundtrack etc. but still with today's graphics. That'd be more than enough to satisfy me.
                              Totally agreed!

Comment

Working...
                              X