No announcement yet.

DooM beta shipping with pre order of wolfenstein:the new order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've honestly had enough of Doom, and Wolfenstein for that matter.
    8 years of Doom online, and a year and a half learning to Speedrun Wolfenstein 3D, you kind of just lose the appeal quickly, that and who's involved with both games throws a red flag. Personal opinion though.

Comment

@reaku what does that mean I hope that's not a reference to Eric Harris.. that guy was just a nutjob who probably was on some dangerous psychotropic drugs... the fact that he played doom doesn't make doom any less in my opinion. besides, how realistic is doom anyways? is it any worse than people playing war games today with life like graphics? -also

We see plenty of gangbangers today who are violent and they don't play video games, Just imagine for a minute that one day, all of a sudden these violent video games never existed... people would still be like they are today as far as violence... the reasons run much deeper than any video game, some become fed up with society, some become manic because of personal problems maybe i'm reading too deep into this, but thats my opinion too lol, just hope you don't ill-favor doom because of some misguided mistake someone made. thats all. Controversy aside, ( it always ends up supporting some political agenda like Gun control ) I just like the old FPS formulas of yesteryear a bit more.

Alright ill get back to topic though
      Last edited by ArDaMaX; 05-11-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
        Never got too into Doom, but I wonder if a Quake 5 is on the way someday...but in all honesty, Quake1 is already better. They will never make games like Q1 again. Just like classic muscle cars. Good luck finding a hot rod as slick as a '67 fastback mustang.
        haha, i hear that! classic gameplay styles don't come often these days, sometimes I see it in indie titles though, but as far as mainstream developers, I do see your point there! They've changed the formula quite a bit haven't they

regardless I enjoy both my dooms and my quakes, wolfenstein, maybe not quite as big into, but regardless RTCW i had a blast with at one point of my childhood lol

edit: on a side note, I want to see a Proper BLOOD remake... but I know that'll never happen... the game never got the marketing it deserved (blood 1 anyways)

it flew under the radar at the time it was new, for the most part, unfortunate too, such a gem! at least we can hope for a proper sourceport of it some day perhaps
        Last edited by ArDaMaX; 05-11-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I wnat Doom 4

Have you ever seen anything as nasty?

Comment

hey...maybe when DooM ships..it'll come with...a Quake 5 beta! :3
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by ArDaMaX View Post
              @reaku what does that mean I hope that's not a reference to Eric Harris.. that guy was just a nutjob who probably was on some dangerous psychotropic drugs... the fact that he played doom doesn't make doom any less in my opinion. besides, how realistic is doom anyways? is it any worse than people playing war games today with life like graphics?
              TL : DR the kids should've stuck to Doom and quake mods instead of shooting an entire school.

anyways, I still feel odd about Doom 4.

Wolf looks great but my comp sucks, that and I should probably wait.
              I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
              But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Looks interesting: DOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYjR5UzhcZA

Comment

Doom 4?

From the looks of it it is seemingly a reboot. The name is not DOOM 4 as id software have simply named it well... DOOM. The Quakecon trailer only showed a very hi res video of a Cyber Demon with UAC written all over it so it looks like the franchise has went for a full blown remake rather than saying hey lets kick ass with a 4th sequel. They have brought in a whole new team for the development so be ready for a completely different game.
                  Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

the narrating voice sounds familiar, maybe from doom 3? either way, i think the classic shotgun sound they play at the end suggests were heading back to old school doom. lets raise hell! (in hell(again))
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Activtile View Post
                      I wnat Doom 4

Have you ever seen anything as nasty?
                      That is nasty..alright

Is that going to be our main character ? I am excited for DOOM, lets just hope it doesn't become a disappointment like duke nukem forever was

Comment

Working...
                      X