Latest Unreal Tournament Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Unreal Tournament Build

Hey, I'm sharing this around for anyone who is interested in the upcoming UT game.

Someone posted on the "latest" build of UT4 on Pro Unreal, here's a video of me messing around with it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJzky89xkw]Unreal Tournament 4 - Pre-Alpha - Build: ???? - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Grim Warlock; 06-23-2014, 06:12 PM.

I really wish I could try this out ;~;

way too hyped for my own good about this
    twitch
    wew lad

Comment

Bringing more to this party ; https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/th...t-begins-today

Work on the future of Unreal Tournament begins today, and we’re happy to announce that we’re going to do this together, with you. We know that fans of the game are as passionate about Unreal Tournament as we are. We know that you have great ideas and strong opinions about where the game should go and what it should be. So let’s do something radical and make this game together, in the open, and for all of us.

HERE’S THE PLAN:
      We’ve created a small team of UT veterans that are beginning work on the project starting today.
      From the very first line of code, the very first art created and design decision made, development will happen in the open, as a collaboration between Epic, UT fans and UE4 developers. We’ll be using forums for discussion, and Twitch streams for regular updates.
      If you are a fan and you want to participate, create a free account and join the forum discussion.
      All code and content will be available live to UE4 developers on GitHub.
      The game will be true to its roots as a competitive FPS.
      Development will be focused on Windows, Mac and Linux.
      SO WHAT’S THE CATCH?
      It will take many months until the game is playable by gamers. This is real development from scratch.
      When the game is playable, it will be free. Not free to play, just free.
      We’ll eventually create a marketplace where developers, modders, artists and gamers can give away, buy and sell mods and content. Earnings from the marketplace will be split between the mod/content developer, and Epic. That’s how we plan to pay for the game.
      A lot of this is brand new for Epic, and we don’t yet have everything figured out. Things will probably definitely go wrong from time to time, and when they do, we’ll have to work through them together. There will be a lot of tough decisions to make, and not every feature will make it into the game. But if you’re a fan of Unreal Tournament, a UE4 developer, or a future modder – or if you just want to learn how we make games – we hope you’ll join us. It’s going to be fun.

WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
      Want more detail on the project? Read our wiki.
      Want to participate & give feedback? Check out the forums, and sign up for a free account here to join Unreal Engine 4 community.
      Just interested in getting updates? Subscribe to our newsletter here at the bottom right of our page.
      In case you want to check out the classic Unreal Tournament games, you can get them for 50% off right now!
      Follow us at /UnrealEngine on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Instagram and Google+.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Open source news this week: May 3 - May 9, 2014 | Opensource.com

GitHUB / Opensource INFO found above.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I would join in with the fun, but I have no PC of my own to really try this with ;~;
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
            I would join in with the fun, but I have no PC of my own to really try this with ;~;
            If I had a blazing fast connection I would set you up a foking relay server or something lol, let my PC do all the work and stream the game It's quickly becoming a reality. I've been testing this out occasionally when im in need of a good nerd/geeking out session

Comment

lol, I'd actually love to try that out some time with somebody

that said, when this job I'm trying to get starts, I'll just spend my money on the true things in life

Bills
              High speed fiber optic internet
              Cat6 cables
              a PC to play games

furniture? maybe...
              twitch
              wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
                lol, I'd actually love to try that out some time with somebody

that said, when this job I'm trying to get starts, I'll just spend my money on the true things in life

Bills
                High speed fiber optic internet
                Cat6 cables
                a PC to play games

furniture? maybe...
                ROFL, bro don't even get me started on furniture. Buddy of mine back in the day got his first bachelor pad,and everytime I would go to visit and hangout with him this is what we'd do ;

Drink the kool-aid
                Play checkers (he bought this for 2player entertainment)
                the Table he kept the checkers board on was actually a stereo boombox BOX, a hugecardboard box that he didnt own the boombox to.

Take care bro, keep pushin torwards that goal!

Comment

Goal; Start a game studio and also cover lesser known eSport related events

Method; flail arms and hope this job falls through
                  twitch
                  wew lad

Comment

This looks interesting...i may actually join

Comment

In the latest build you can play online now:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPbT3n6yq0E]Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha: Multiplayer Gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks for the headsup, got a filesize? What we clockin in at?

Comment

Ok so that build I posted earlier is now outofdate and gone, it seems there is now an "official" half-public pre-alpha build which has been distributed and not leaked: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...d-Instructions.

Here is a launcher which gives you access to the servers which are up (much like Qtracker): https://ut.rushbase.net/rush/UTLaunc...cher-0.2.3.zip.

EDIT: it's 578 MBs.
                          Last edited by Grim Warlock; 08-20-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I'd grab it, but I'm not too sure my current system can even run it.
                            twitch
                            wew lad

Comment

Don't worry, the graphics are barely complete and you can turn off all the post processing effects.

Comment

Working...
                              X