Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oculus Rift DK2 + Ugandan Security Guard

Hi guys,

I don't regularly post, nor do I regularly play due to high latency. That said, it's great to see this community is still alive and kicking. I'm writing because I've (accidentally) created a gaming related video that's gone viral and thought you guys would enjoy seeing it.

Background: I've been living in Uganda for about 6 years and have been working to build a multi-player gaming scene in the region. Recently a large TV company approached us and asked if we would partner with them to make a national television show about gaming. We (obviously) agreed and have been filming episodes for the past few months.

Last Friday, while filming, I strapped my Oculus Rift DK2 onto an askari (security guard) but forgot to warn him that what he was going to see wasn't real. In fact, we didn't tell him anything other than "sit down and put this on." Keep in mind that this is a guy who's level of technology exposure is probably limited to basic cellphones and movies on television.

I ran him through a carnival ride demo called CyberSpace and he went absolutely mental. We posted the video on YouTube and 48 hours later we've got 325,000 hits. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ignn19Ajvs

I hope everyone's doing well. I miss the old days.

Kyle

ROFL, Hello spectre. From -rune- right? LONG TIME NO SEE BRO.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
    X