X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS Rivals, Quake1 on the tags!

I'm streaming this game right now.

click the online in my signature!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Great game.

I play the Hell out of this game.
    Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

play it on PC by any chance? Not sure if you ever actually left, but , I see you're here! Good to know broseph!
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Good Morning.
        QUAKE1 ON THE TAGS.

Comment

Quake1 on the tags.
          Logitech G27

LOL GET IMBA MUCH? yes, yes I do

Comment

did you get the race wheel to work on this game? on the wiki its a no go List of Logitech Racing Wheels compatible games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i got the wheel with the gran turismo logo on it. its been way fun! it reminds me of being a kid in the arcade. mine works on pc ps2 and ps3.

try NFS the run. its a fun race from san fran to newyork. and the best games are the burnout for ps2. all the racing games seemed to switch to this open world crap and i hate it. its a pain to go cruising around town looking for a race. Burnout Paradise is ok but i keep getting lost in the race and end up on the wrong side of town but the force feed back on that game is 100%. try simpsons hit and run its like GTA with out a gun hella fun

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
              did you get the race wheel to work on this game? on the wiki its a no go List of Logitech Racing Wheels compatible games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i got the wheel with the gran turismo logo on it. its been way fun! it reminds me of being a kid in the arcade. mine works on pc ps2 and ps3.

try NFS the run. its a fun race from san fran to newyork. and the best games are the burnout for ps2. all the racing games seemed to switch to this open world crap and i hate it. its a pain to go cruising around town looking for a race. Burnout Paradise is ok but i keep getting lost in the race and end up on the wrong side of town but the force feed back on that game is 100%. try simpsons hit and run its like GTA with out a gun hella fun
              Yup, because they list the game as not having wheel support (which is technically true but not impossible) it creates huge amounts of IMBA haha. the game supports controllers which is essentially what you have to do is setup the wheel as a controller, add some dead zone (as an analouge stick stands straight up = wheel uses a sliver of deadzone + centerspring, which gives resistance feeling. Zero forcefeedback since it isn't true wheel support.

If Quake 16 player FFA DeathMatch = Need for Speed Rivals....
              .....than 32 player vs 32 player Conquest Large Battlefield4 = The Crew MMO Racing Game.

I think the next visited hardware with childhood memories has to be an arcade stick but I don't know how well it will translate from remembering plunky quarters into Virtua Fighter / Tekken / MK arcade cabinets to sitting at a PC.

I've always wanted one of these ....

MAME Cabinet would recreate that feeling 100%
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-11-2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

i was thinking of setting up a mame but i was having a hard time with hyperspin the program that you use to select a game. and i dont have the space to have a arcade cabinet but i play on pc and we got these
                New 2X PS3 PS2 PC Arcade Fight Stick Joystick for Street Fighter 4 Sony | eBay
                a lot of stick are 100's but 2 for 70 was the deal. the wife and i are playing lots of fight games new and old on them and you get the arcade feel even just having it sit in your lap.

i set up my wheel with cruzen usa but the feedback just is not there and in the end sucked compared to some of the games it really works with. if you ever set up a mame box let me know.

Comment

That's a bad-ass control deck JD. The only thing I don't like about those is the buttons always get fucked up eventually. I don't mean that brand, I mean that style. Of course I'm one of those idiots that will set my coffee mug down on it and claim Imma be real careful but, having the buttons on a deck like that gives you a lot more leverage to slam them...and in the heat of the game, you will. Then again, these days they are probably building them to accept more abuse.

Someone should make a control deck where if you are being too abusive the controller says something like "You paid 99$ for me and I'm not gonna last a week." or "This is not covered by your warranty." lol

@driving wheel

I have one and have thought it would be interesting to play quake with it. The only problem is, it is ltp1 (or whatever the old "printer" port is called). It's like the old pole position controls with a steering wheel and a fake-ass gear shift. I found it way back when I lived in the warehouse. There was a cardboard box full of them still in the box and another box next to it filled with flight controllers (also ltp1). I'm assuming my friend that owned the warehouse probably had some business venture with these things at one time. I didn't recognize the brand name or the controllers.
                  Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-11-2015, 04:33 PM.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                  X