No announcement yet.

Board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of good suggestions in this thread, I'm slowly googling and youtubing my way through all of them (while trying to get better at chess!)
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I grew up with Fireball Island. Such a great game. You'd try to fuck everyone else over by tapping one of the red balls to roll into other players or the bridges they're standing on.

Comment

Do I like board games? Of course! That's kinda like asking: "Do you like ice cream?" I think that Risk is a great board game. *sigh* If only the map could be a little more "modernized"... What I mean: I would really like it if the map in Risk could correspond to a world map (I'm talking about today's world map). But other than that, Risk is an amazing game!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-r0HknkghE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-r0HknkghE[/ame]

Theoretically speaking, I think that anybody can create a board game. All you need is a pen, a piece of paper, and maybe a few coins. Your only limit is your imagination.
        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-l3bWR_7o4[/ame]

This is one of the games I grew up with.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Amusing fact, yesterday I started working on a dungeon crawling RPG and found myself basically making a hybrid of monopoly and ultima.

I'll probably find a way to demonstrate this idea to you lads (and ladies) in the future when I make a playable version.

But the basic idea for the gameplay is that you have a monopoly like board of 24 tiles and must work your way around to complete a "level".

For each tile is a card face down from a deck of cards that is reset once everybody makes it around the board. These include monster instances, traps, secret shops and some other cool things.

There will be 4 starting classes with unique pieces (probably 4 colour variants on 4 different pieces, so everybody can play the one they want and potentially this will introduce a teamplay system).

As you progress you get items and equipment that you can use. But be careful, this game is designed to kill you as quick as possible (within a fair level). So games will probably be quite short.

And now my brain appears to be shutting down as I sit here looking at my new system. So I'll hopefully remember to edit this tomorrow, but basically. Monopoly meets a classic rpg. On the PC it's being designed to be more like a single player experience with all of these mechanics happening in the background, but the boardgame would be fun to do a prototype of tomorrow.
            twitch
            wew lad

Comment

If you like Risk, go find a copy of Risk Legacy and get a regular gaming group together. Different take on Risk. I completely love it. Much better than the original Risk!

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
                Amusing fact, yesterday I started working on a dungeon crawling RPG and found myself basically making a hybrid of monopoly and ultima.
                So in other words, Talisman?
                Intelligence is knowing that there is an 'i' in "community".
                Wisdom is knowing that there is no 'i' in "community".

Comment

I love board games! I prefer coop games, but some competitive ones are nice. I tend to prefer lighter games, because stuff like go and chess remind too much of work.

I own:
                  Ghost Story with both expansions
                  Pandemic
                  A go-ban with some extra colored stones (you should try gess if you never did)
                  Roborally (which I love)
                  The Lord of the Ring, the Confrontation (IMO Stratego done well)
                  Fairy Story
                  Mahjong (I play japanese rules)
                  Creationary

and probably others I do not remember now...
                  Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Working...
                  X