Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSJC's QUAKE-Descent into heresy (a heretic mod) (4th jan 2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSJC's QUAKE-Descent into heresy (a heretic mod) (4th jan 2015)

QUAKE descent into heresy.
    I felt that quake needed some zdoom air-time and a mod with the quake weapons was crying out to be made. however a quake weapon mod for doom is kinda boring. there are so many doom weapon mods out there! so what game do you make it for? well, lets see whats dark, gothic and creepy? HeXen of course but the mana-based ammo system causes pain-in-the-arse issues with like for like replacements. so then heretic seems to be the next logical choice!

finally finished this thing: ZDoom • View topic - OSJC's QUAKE-DIH + sgt shivers' texture-addon (3rd jan 2015) thought I'd share it here...

+ with texture pack:

enjoy!

Looks nice...will give them a try!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post

Thanks!
      Yes, it looks nice. There is one small issue though... I hope that the thread-starter takes this as constructive criticism... Some pictures had a purple background and it was hard to see the other objects. All I saw was a purple sky; I couldn't see the other details. Is it possible to improve the graphics? But besides that, I think that the idea is fantastic... Quake + Heretic = An amazing combination that can rule the world. Quake's weapons are great and Heretic's monsters are highly energetic and intense.
      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
        Thanks!
        thank you. I'm sure you'll love it!
        Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
        Yes, it looks nice. There is one small issue though... I hope that the thread-starter takes this as constructive criticism... Some pictures had a purple background and it was hard to see the other objects. All I saw was a purple sky; I couldn't see the other details. Is it possible to improve the graphics?
        its only preview snapshot to whet the appetite. try downloading the game itself...
        Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
        I think that the idea is fantastic... Quake + Heretic = An amazing combination that can rule the world. Quake's weapons are great and Heretic's monsters are highly energetic and intense.
        at the risk of sounding egotistical, this is so true. having played it for a bit whilst testing it really works well.

Comment

That's one of the reasons I love the Samsara mod for the Doom engine. Just plain fun to mix and match, to play different doom engine games together as other characters and their weapons!

Comment

this has been updated if anyone is interested at all. has better weapon anims and skies and I've also remade a 4bshot mod for it too allowing dual supers LOL enjoy, or not : ZDoom • View topic - OSJC's QUAKE-DIH + sgt shivers' texture-addon FINISHED

Comment

Hi osjclatchford,

Now I know where you were hiding all the time
              Screenshots are looking very good. I want to test it when I have the time.

Keep it up !

Comment

Doesnt work for me. I get the error:

Script error, "DECORATE" line 11:
                "gravity" is an unknown actor property

Comment

Holy gods, how is this not on the news already.
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I can't test this at the moment, but I'm curious to what engine are you using? I like Zandronum, but some wads only work with zdoom or gzdoom.

Originally posted by AndehX View Post
                    Doesnt work for me. I get the error:

Script error, "DECORATE" line 11:
                    "gravity" is an unknown actor property

Comment

loading instructions

this is for zdoom engine 2.7.1 or newer or the latest gzdoom.
                      won't work on zandorum or whatever its called (never played it) and is not tested on skulltag. just the above.

So to run the mod with standard textures your heretic cmd-line should look thus:

zdoom.exe -file nashgore.wad -file quake-dih_1.pk3

and with textures:

zdoom.exe -file nashgore.wad -file quake-dih_1.pk3 -file qd4h.wad -file qd4h_fix.pk3

oh, and gzdoom users need to add the file gzdoom_sky.pk3 after the textures. (not vital but totally worth it)

for those who may not know, zdoom limits the textures to the heretic palette. gzdoom does not.
                      that is why the skies are a rather plum-purple shade in the qd4h_fix.pk3 file.
                      however, gzdoom_sky.pk3 has sky textures in the familiar pastel-magenta shade you will remember from quake and as such are much nicer visually and fit in with sgt. shivers textures when playing in gzdoom. but gzdoom only. they simply look like shite in zdoom...

for help look though the info section in the in-game menu when playing (or fress f1 and then enter to scroll through)

Comment

Working...
                      X