Installing Myst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Myst

I need help to install Myst on a windows 7 or suggestions. I have the disk and tried to change compatibility but still having issues.
    Last edited by Frost R17; 01-04-2015, 10:52 AM.

I just googled it, How to Run Myst on Windows 7? - Myst 10th Anniversary Collection Answers for PC - GameFAQs

or go to the pro's....

MYSTcommunity
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

You have a few options depending on what problems you are having. You didn't mention if you were 64bit or not but these should apply to either case. Also you did not mention what "issues" you were having so I will be making some assumptions which we all know about those....

The Good:
      It is easiest to use ScummVM or DosBox to play this with limited issue. I've used ScummVM for this and many of the LucasArts Advernture Games I love so much! I recommend it.

The Bad:
      If you have the original Myst with CD grab this patch. It is for vista but it will apply to win 7 in many cases. Here You may still need to run the game in compatibility mode but this should work.

The Ugly:
      If that does not work or it plays and you get a blank screen and sound but nothing else when you installed Myst did you also install QuickTime and update it? If so this may also cause issues. Assuming you are not using Quicktime as your primary video viewer I suggest uninstalling Quicktime completely. Then, assuming you have admin privileges, if you are win64bit go to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" on 32bit go to "C:\Windows\System32" and look for "QuickTime.qts". Even if you uninistall it will likely still be there so either back it up or delete it. Restart your machine and install Quicktime again from your Myst CD and DO NOT UPDATE IT! Now go back to where the QuickTime.qts is located on your machine and copy it and paste it in your Myst folder. Now the game should play correctly. (Crossfingers)

Obviously I recommend the good.

Comment

Ok, try these suggestions and see what I can do. Thanks for sharing. However, I just want to try and see if it could work but I expected a game engine that I can just copy the game files to the engine or a game download that is modified to play on any pc. But if I can't get it to work, then that's okay.
        Last edited by Frost R17; 01-04-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X