X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ut 2015

Update to the upcoming game

The new Unreal Tournament is free and fun, but still primitive - PC Gamer
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Never liked UT to begin with. I really dislike their ideas for things like a mod shop and all this other crazy shit. I just want another proper Unreal game, but that will never happen.
    Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebisu View Post
      Never liked UT to begin with. I really dislike their ideas for things like a mod shop and all this other crazy shit. I just want another proper Unreal game, but that will never happen.
      I remember just watching the badassery that was the Unreal intro video , and remembering , holy shit this is something epic to behold (pun intended!)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26I-Pw-yPJ4[/ame]

^ behold its mighty glory , still something to be awe struck by in 2015.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        behold its mighty glory , still something to be awe struck by in 2015.
        I do agree, the intro for that game was super hype.
        Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Gave it a try, and it plays exactly like that very old UT. Most of the pre-alpha content that is currently in there also looks like it (different resolution but k). The 2 maps which are done look impressive.

Whether people like this or not, I don't know. My impression is that old-school arena shooters are not that popular anymore, and I dunno whether fancy graphics are gonna change that.
          Last edited by dfsp_spirit; 04-24-2015, 09:16 AM.
          dfsp*spirit
          my FPS maps

Comment

The Nali castle flythrough is very cool. I found the level design kinda lacking in the original Unreal though.

Not such a big UT fan either, I liked the flak cannon but I like Quake 3 better in almost all regards.

Agree about the old school arena shooter popularity issue. Lots of people prefer Battlefield or something, or team games, or games where you can unlock golden weapon skins with stars on them. I still think that Wolfenstein ET and ETQW were probably the best multiplayer shooters ever, but they fell from popularity too.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

My favorites were always Quake, Team Fortress (I guess that's still Quake,) and Tribes. I just flat out never liked UT. Vanilla Quake 3 isn't fun at all to me anymore, but CPMA fixes all that. I used to also be really into Half Life's multiplayer. Xonotic is a wonderful shooter as well, even thought I'm not really into it very much.
              Quake is for nerds.

Comment

i remember i played so much Q3, when i tried urt'04 i got my ass smacked (so then i played the guy in q3 and whooped him, so i guess we were even...lol)
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Syluxguy28O3 View Post
                  i remember i played so much Q3, when i tried urt'04 i got my ass smacked (so then i played the guy in q3 and whooped him, so i guess we were even...lol)
                  ut2k4 was an entirely different beast than Q3, I'll admit I had more luck at Q3 too, but that particular game mode in ut2k4 where you had to chain link to take bases, I spent soooooooo much time on that game mode, it practically WAS ut2k4 to me lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X