killing floor 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killing floor 2

i have yet to try out, but i put considerable time into the first game. anybody try it? (and if you have not, you have to see the gore!)
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

I refuse to give money to a company like Tripwire for incorporating the ability to revoke the license of your game if you do something they don't like. I heard it got casualized, but I haven't actually played it for the above reason.
    Quake is for nerds.

Comment

i never heard about that. ive only heard really good things about them and they seem to really care about there customers and fans, as well as listen to feedback. could you elaborate as to what you're talking about, because im curious.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I'm just guessing but they probably have some fine print that says something to the equivalent of:

"If you are caught cheating, your game won't work anymore"

I realize why Ebisu can not support this but, it is probably a good thing. If you pay 50 bucks for a game and you know that cheating will turn your purchase into the equivalent of throwing 50 bucks away, you will probably be inclined to play fair.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't XBox do this to one degree or another? Except I believe with xbox it goes beyond just a game, they will freeze your entire account.

Regardless, I highly doubt any of these companies are looking to revoke the license of people that play the game in the way it was intended. They probably don't really want to revoke the license of those that play unfairly either and more than likely give you plenty of warnings before they 86 you. The bottom line is, these people want to make money and they can't make money if they keep banning their customers... however, they also can't make money if they have some hackmoglitch game that creates an unfair environment for legitimate players. So, license revoking is born.

Really, most things in this world work this way to some degree. Ex If I go in an arcade and start using some system to steal credits on a game, I will be banned from that arcade... I'm sure I could come up with about 5 million similar examples. Here's a good one. If I am the member of some club where I am expected to pay dues and follow some rules..... you get the point.
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-03-2015, 04:34 PM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

It wasn't if you were caught cheating. I honestly don't see any problem whatsoever if you are cheating, and ruining the experience for everyone. They can take your license away for "cyberbullying," including "griefing, racism, and sexism." I'm not at all encouraging these acts, as that jazz is just plain mean, but there is no way in hell I am supporting something like this, especially in this day in age when referring to a woman as a woman, girl, female, or any other way you can possibly refer to her gender, and I mean in the most completely out of context fashion can be considered "sexist," and saying that someone is black (once again, contextless) is considered "racist." Even if you WERE being legitimately racist or sexist, just because you're a dick doesn't mean that they should be able to take your license away. If an administrator or moderator of said server doesn't tolerate that kind of thing, they can just ban you from the individual server. Even if it is morally unacceptable does not mean that a corporation that is not even being directly affected by these acts should go around and hinder one's freedom of speech. If I see some jerkoff talking crap about my good friend (that I play Killing Floor with a lot) based solely on the fact that he's black, I'll kick him right off the server. However, as mean as he was, he had the RIGHT to say those mean things, as he has freedom to say whatever he wants as a human being. In turn, he faces the consequences of being kicked from my server. He might not be allowed on my server again, but he can still play the game he purchased. Even mean people deserve consumer rights. Once we start taking consumer rights from mean people, we then start taking consumer rights from everyone else. (See Steam)

One big difference between being mean and actually cheating is that cheating directly influences the game in ways that it is not supposed to be, which in turn ruins the experience for everyone. Being mean just makes people mad, and that's about it. They can keep playing the game. If an admin isn't around, they can just mute the guy and the game continues. If you're interfering with other people who are just trying to have a good time by cheating, then you absolutely should have your license revoked.

EULA BS aside, the game has been toned down significantly mechanic wise it seems. Hell, you can even enable a crosshair now, and it actually functions like that. The game has been changed to be more suited for controllers. I cannot give firsthand experience, mind you, but these are things I have read, and I know people who own the game who have confirmed that this information is accurate.

All in all, I don't want to give Tripwire money anyway after that Red Orchestra fiasco.

Well, that's my elaboration. Feel free to leave feedback, as I wouldn't mind discussing if you disagree.
          Last edited by Ebisu; 05-04-2015, 12:06 AM. Reason: Details added for continuity
          Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Actually, I fully agree with you. If I didn't it would have serious personal implications cause I'm a complete jerk (frequently). I agree, if I want to get on a server and be a verbal asshole, that is my right and I should not lose my entire game over it. If I get server kicked....fair enough.

To be clear though. I don't think I have ever gotten on a game server with the intent to be a big jerk I just reserve that right. I don't play any games very often but when I do it's cause my friends ask me to. It doesn't make sense to be a big jerk to my friends that asked me to come play.

@everything is racist, sexist - too much PC

I have the bulletproof solution. Agree and challenge (even if it's not true). EX "Yep I'm a racist son of a bitch and there is NOTHING you can do about it." and when they start fighting you over it say something like "I'm not paying attention cause you are black". The bottom line is: I know what I am and am not. If people want to label me according to their orwellian new speak, I'll just give them what they ask for. There is nothing to be defensive about if someone calls you a racist/sexist/whatever and you counter with "You're goddamn right!". Shuts them up real quick. It's the B. Rabbit approach. Condemn yourself before someone else can. It's one of the reasons I am totally honest about who I am (re: I am a complete jerk(frequently)). Now I've said it and anybodys arsenal that that might have been sitting in, has just been stripped of that bullet. You can't touch me if I never stop touching myself (so to speak).

Theres more fun you can have with that. Like when you tell them you aren't listening cause they are black. They may retort that they aren't black. Just keep telling them they are til they get pissed and then call them a racist for not being black. Give them a dose of their own medicine. You already took the pariah-maker out of your lap, now put it in theirs.

The funny thing about labels is they only matter to the people that deserve them. All these people watching every word they say to avoid a label... already earned their label. Which is why they edit themselves so much. I could say the N word 100 times in 5 minutes and nobody is gonna bat a lash, including my black friends. Cause I'm not a racist and words don't make me a racist. Hating a race makes you a racist. It also makes you an idiot... as if everyone in that race is a clone of the previous person in that race.

Not to mention that most acknowledged racists are really just ignorant people that don't know what they are talking about. I overheard a young black guy telling someone "I HATE WHITE PEOPLE!". I walked right over to him and simply asked "Why?". He couldn't even form a complete thought (AKA a sentence) regarding his hate. I made sure he really hated white people before I left (well, at least me...lol)

And finally, the flip of this is: What does it matter if someone is a racist/sexist whatever. Let's say that I hated all Jews or summin. How is that going to change anything about anything. I get stuck in my little hate box and the entire world moves on completely oblivious of me and with far less holding them back than I would have. People want to label and condemn racism but racism doesn't really have any power for the average man. All you can do is spend your time hating people you don't even know and miss opportunities that your hate strips from you. Your one possibility is to act on your hate to a small group of people in contrast and lose all your freedom and maybe your life accomplishing your nothing.

In other words, why hate racists? That puts you in a box similar to theirs and makes you equals to some degree. These liberals and their "ist" buzzwords need to realize that 4 of their own fingers are pointing back at them. You point me out as a racist.... your own hand calls you a shit starter. Cause no matter what I am, there wasn't a problem til you brought it up.

of course "you" is subjective.
            Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-04-2015, 01:29 AM.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
            X