Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare for unforeseen consequences.... again.

Black-Mesa: Source

Black mesa is now available for steam as an early access title.

You could download the mod for free from Black Mesa's website but that isn't really completed as it is missing Xen, still worth a try if you happen to be a half life fan.
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Note that the Early Access release is also missing Xen, for now.

Details about what has changed (so far) since the mod release: http://www.blackmesagame.com/bms_presskit.pdf

And some dev comments about "why no Xen yet": Black Mesa Source V5 - "They're still working on Xen?"

I'm disappointed about the lack of Xen in this release, but I hope they keep on trucking and complete Black Mesa eventually. I enjoyed the mod so much that I'll probably just buy the Steam release to pay them back for that.

Comment

No Xen still? If they think they're getting my Early Access Burgerclapistan dollareydoos then they have another thing coming. How much have they even added since the last release? I'm not as mad as I would be in most cases, especially since they are releasing it for free when it's done, and it's an excellent total conversion, but there was no Xen in the release form a year ago, and there's no Xen now, and they still wanna charge me?

Edit===I said a year ago, but I can't believe that it has actually been not 1, but 3 years since they released what they had. I'm not mad because they want to release it for money, but the fact that there's still no Xen and they want to release it early access is terrible. I would rather them charge for the actual finished product than do this. I would probably buy it too.
      Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Well at least the mod can still be downloaded for free unlike the "paid mods" idea.

*cringes*

All aside, I would probably either save money for the mod to be released on the steam store or buy the early access. It's entirely up to you.
        I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
        But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Those screens are looking really nice! Glad to see this finally come to fruition.

Comment

Working...
          X