Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DooM teaser drops

to article

ID and bethesda just dropped a teaser for the e3 trailer to the upcoming DooM. im salivating

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAZqeDtlL4[/ame]

(also, the previously released tease for those who have yet to see it
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiXdIwrYw1s[/ame]
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

I'm pretty excited for a new Doom game, but that teaser is pretty bad. I almost would've rather had a black screen with a sound clip from gameplay for about 5 seconds and then the logo. Looking forward to seeing more though!

Comment

that has to be the shortest teaser ever

the revenant looks pretty awesome though, but...
      why in the hell is it so absurdly short?

imo it kinda feels like the revenant and the SSG are the only assets that are done,
      and they wanna make people excited but they have basically close to nothing to show
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
        that has to be the shortest teaser ever

the revenant looks pretty awesome though, but...
        why in the hell is it so absurdly short?

imo it kinda feels like the revenant and the SSG are the only assets that are done,
        and they wanna make people excited but they have basically close to nothing to show
        its just a (VERY lol) small clip from the trailer to be shown at e3. also if you are in the doom beta i think you can see the trailer earlier than that, but im not sure.
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Here Isn’t Two Seconds Of DOOM Footage | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

adequate response.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

hah, id have to agree. hopefully the e3 trailer will be longer (im shooting for 5 seconds)
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

bleh! I DO have a spot for doom in my heart, but I'll probably skip this game just like I did Doom4.

I played doom long before I played quake, I guess it speaks volumes on which one grabbed me by the short hairs and refused to let go,and considering I'm still here...... I doubt my short hairs will ever see freedom from Q1.

Doom even had a head start!! I must abandon the idea that Quake1 will ever be revisited by either of these companies.

/end rant.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I can't wait for Doom.

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                bleh! I DO have a spot for doom in my heart, but I'll probably skip this game just like I did Doom4.
                I hear you Mindz,
                Same reason I skipped HalfLife 3...
                ~

There is no winning when it comes to a Quake remaster.
                I would still like one but I know that the first thing to happen would be the backlash, especially when the original can be remastered really nicely already utilizing the communities ongoing hard work.

I wouldn't be averse to a Machinegames reboot of Quake. Including the nightmares where you fight through the original maps.
                Last edited by Adam; 05-18-2015, 05:29 PM.
                Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                  I can't wait for Doom.

I hear you Mindz,
                  Same reason I skipped HalfLife 3...
                  ~

There is no winning when it comes to a Quake remaster.
                  I would still like one but I know that the first thing to happen would be the backlash, especially when the original can be remastered really nicely already utilizing the communities ongoing hard work.

I wouldn't be averse to a Machinegames reboot of Quake. Including the nightmares where you fight through the original maps.
                  I see what you did there, WOOPS. I meant Doom3, I skipped that one. The only reason I noticed was your mentioning of Half Life 3 haha, go figure I'm a when it comes to Doom now days, I can't even get the numbers correct.

Props to that HL3 jab though, HEH!
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I'm not that hyped.

Because what if it turns out as a big disappointment and craps on peoples expectations.
                    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Anyone expecting this :

This is what Doom 4 could have looked like, apparently - PC Gamer

might already be in the disappointment line.

I refuse to be disappointed by a game I have never played, or know nothing about though. Which seems all the rage now days....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMCBlzAv1M[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post

I refuse to be disappointed by a game I have never played, or know nothing about though. Which seems all the rage now days....
                        Honestly it's still in beta, so I'll just wait until the full game gets released (if I can actually play it)

I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                        But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler234 View Post
                          Honestly it's still in beta, so I'll just wait until the full game gets released (if I can actually play it)

Good things happen to people who wait... Yes, that is a smart move (and it's a gangster move).
                          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I'm looking forward to the new Doom myself. I don't think the cancelled version really looks all that bad. At least this video of the canned version showed more of the game than the recent teaser.

Comment

Working...
                            X