Witcher 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witcher 3

Anyone else enjoying it as much as I am? My god.. I've never played RPGs or MMORPGs past a few levels of the same rinse and repeat garbage without getting bored... this is the first time I've actually invested at least 15+ hours into an RPG and I'm not even 5% into it..

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
    Anyone else enjoying it as much as I am? My god.. I've never played RPGs or MMORPGs past a few levels of the same rinse and repeat garbage without getting bored... this is the first time I've actually invested at least 15+ hours into an RPG and I'm not even 5% into it..
    heeding your advice and just waiting until I can afford it, haha. Glad to know it is everything you expected!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yeah well aware of it, but I'm starting from Witcher 1 and working my way up to 3. My friends are totally into 3 already approaching up to 100 hrs in there spare time some how. Its a beautiful, fun game.

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
        Yeah well aware of it, but I'm starting from Witcher 1 and working my way up to 3. My friends are totally into 3 already approaching up to 100 hrs in there spare time some how. Its a beautiful, fun game.
        They only get better CDPR really hit a home run with this IP. On the plus side Xage, by the time you reach W3 you should be able to catch it at a discount maybe!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

That's the plan Mindf!3ldzX! Also you can import previous game saves into the newer game.

Comment

That's the plan Mindf!3ldzX! Also you can import previous game saves into the newer game.
            Wow that's really fn cool, but with what benefit? Inventory items maybe? Got a spot where I can read up on that? That seems like a good reason to revisit the previous games indeed no matter what the imports entail!

Comment

Google much? ;-) When importing save games from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2 you keep some of you items and your decisions carry over to the next game as well. Its similar importing saves from 2 into Witcher 3, but only your past decisions carry over to influence you Witcher 3 game.

I never played the 1st two games so I'm playing them in order for story so I can get into the game lore. I like the idea of my past choices affecting the current game though.

Comment

Google much? ;-) When importing save games from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2 you keep some of you items and your decisions carry over to the next game as well. Its similar importing saves from 2 into Witcher 3, but only your past decisions carry over to influence you Witcher 3 game.

I never played the 1st two games so I'm playing them in order for story so I can get into the game lore. I like the idea of my past choices affecting the current game though.
                You had the inside scoop, why google anything when you know someone with the 411? and hell yeah! That DOES sound like a very interesting prospect!!!!!

(past choices affecting current game)

Comment

I got the game free with my new video card and played a few hours of it week one and decided to wait till I had more time to dump into it because I could tell how huge it was! I really can't wait to jump back into it but I'd like to really get a days worth into it instead of segmenting my time in it.

Regardless, agreed, the game is great so far!

Comment

Some of the things from the past game are incorporated into the choices in this, but it's barely noticeable.

What's amazing is how dynamic the game is... I wander some beach side and see a monster dragon twice my level just eating a horse.. I decide not to encounter it.. run into bandits in the middle of no where, walk into their hut and just loot everything (their chests are full of good shit). Those aren't really anything of significance since Skyrim had those things, but it felt far more dynamic and had an element of surprise to it.

What's fun is the interactions, your choices actually effect and change the environment and how things happen. If you kill all of the monsters that domesticate a certain area humans will move in and start building up new shops and villages in some areas (from what I heard, haven't seen it yet).

I walked up to a priest in Novigrad (one of the major cities which I've walked all around and still haven't discovered all of it), and he was preaching to a crowd of locals about how Witchers suck, so I had 3 choices, kill him, leave him alone to keep preaching, or through dialogue show the crowd of locals what a phony he is. I chose the 3rd option, and he walked off with his head down and the crowd walked off, 2 days later, two witch hunters ambush me in a back alley of the city and tell me the priest hired them to deal with me, so I fucked 'em up, but it felt real satisfying, and gave me a sense of wow that guy still remembered me?

In another situation a creature known as a "godling" made a deal with me, I had a chance to rat her out to a local banker, but she kept her end of the bargain, and I kept mine. I imagine if I chose to snitch on her, it would've backfired on me later.

The things above are truly insignificant when you consider that many of the quests and side quests and small dynamic moments aren't about being good or bad/black or white. Some choices are only bad, and worse. You have to choose between the lesser of the two evils (and everyone will judge this differently), no matter what you'll feel bad about the choice you made because the impact is negative regardless, but you have to choose one path and then you can debate it later on when you see the consequences of your action. That's as plainly as I can say it without spoiling the story. THIS, I have never seen in a game.

Other than that, you can suck up to government higher ups and get some good reputation points there, you can't trust anyone (I've been betrayed a few times already thinking I was being the good guy), regular horse racing is part of the game in many different cities and you participate in it either on the side or as part of a quest, you fist brawl in pubs and back alleys to earn the local champ status - in some cities you work your way up by brawling different guys (sometimes they're way higher level than you), and then you have a card game that's better than most famous card games out there. There are people who play this game who spend inordinate amounts of time playing the mini card game, and you can play it with many locals in different cities.

Other than that, the gore/combat system is great, hacking and slashing is pretty stupid. You have to strategically fight, parry, be ready to be attacked by multiple enemies from different angles, you have a variety of potions that you'll need in battles, and then the "Signs" are great as well. I've convinced bandits to fuck off using the jedi mind trick sign without getting into brawls, and in other cases their attitude pissed me off and I decided to severe their heads off with my long sword. The gore is awesome, some really cool animations of heads/bodies being sliced, swords going into necks, etc.

There are many cool side quest moments where it's not anything like you expect and it's not linear and a repeat type of side quest like most games. The side quests themselves feel like a story of their own. Once a lady in a tavern asked me to clean out her barn of monsters, I ride to there on my horse, but it was actually another Witcher hiding out in her barn and he was set-up by another dude who told him to hide out there (this witcher had a bounty on his head), a group of 15 guys show up and I help him fuck them up, he asks me to ride off with him to find the guy who set him up but I refused.

This is very game-of-thronesish reincarnated into a game.

Comment

Working...
                    X