Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello DeadTenor,

Best news in 2017 !!
    It also has Polymere and "Polymost" support. Amazing.

I almost forgot about this project.
    Thank you for your heads up.

Kind regards,
    Seven

Comment

mmm maps are very different to the original blood maps!! :/

i guess a conversion of blood maps to duke maps are impossible
      :/
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
        I hope one day that blood tc will receive same treatment as duke3d hrp, with polymer, models, all hd stuff etc....would be awesome, i love blood!
        The problem is that the creator of Blood stubbornly refuses to release the source code, which would solve many of these problems.

Doom 1, 2, Final Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Duke3D, and Shadow Warrior all had their source codes released decades ago, but not Blood.

It's infuriating.

Comment

Devolver Digital was going to do something with the IP similar (I can assume) to what they did with Shadow Warrior. According to a twitter post though, the deal soured because whoever holds the rights to Blood wanted "too much money" as they were asking over a million for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadTenor View Post
            Devolver Digital was going to do something with the IP similar (I can assume) to what they did with Shadow Warrior. According to a twitter post though, the deal soured because whoever holds the rights to Blood wanted "too much money" as they were asking over a million for it.
            If I'm not mistaken, Atari is the rights holder. If anyone here happens to be megawealthy, please buy it outright from them and release the source code!

Comment

yeah... atari are f-ing assholes in that regard.....

they have showed no sighs at all of having any plans whatsoever to do anything with the IP,
              shown no plans to ever make any kinda sequel ever, nor to ever release a redux version or such....

yet they refuse to sell the rights to the game nor make the game's source-code public

thats just a seriously massive dick-move from atari
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                mmm maps are very different to the original blood maps!! :/

i guess a conversion of blood maps to duke maps are impossible
                :/
                It feels and plays like Blood to me.
                I am not sure what details are different, but should really not be too much noticable. At least if you didnt play through Dos_Blood 1 day before.

The work from M210 is outstanding !
                It is easy to see how much effort, love and sacrifice was put into this. I feel dizzy when I think about all the content, mapping and coding was necessary to achieve this.

2 thumbs up !

Comment

gdxbloodCM

m210 is now in the process of reverse engineering blood and it's AI into a java based port called gdxbloodcm. It uses opengl and I can assume it will support high resolution, but with the added perk of being able to use the original blood AI code. BloodCM uses a close approximation of the Blood enemy AI but it's not quite spot on. As I understand it, the dev has gotten the original AI shoehorned into the port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzvLXWZlE3Y

Edit: Here's the first version of gdxblood.
                  Last edited by DeadTenor; 05-19-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    It feels and plays like Blood to me.
                    I am not sure what details are different, but should really not be too much noticable. At least if you didnt play through Dos_Blood 1 day before.
                    hahaha I am really fan of Blood, and i play it usually
                    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

New addition to the high resolution pack for Blood CM (Jan 2017) can be found here. High Resolution Pack and Music Packs tutorial - BloodCM - Mod DB

Edit 05-19-2017:
                      gdxblood released!
                      Last edited by DeadTenor; 05-19-2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X