Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quakeone.com "Dream Team" project ..... ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quakeone.com "Dream Team" project ..... ;)

(Place filler)

Our community is the digital equivalent OF THE MOTHERFKKNG 1992 US Basketball Dream Team!

Mull that over for a few.... haha.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

aaaargh, you're killing me with that place filler . It's like a secret and I wanna know what it is.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

A lot of very techno smart people around this site? Someone/team getting an award? That's my guess
      *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
        aaaargh, you're killing me with that place filler . It's like a secret and I wanna know what it is.
        It's killing me too! (That some uber mass collaborative effort isn't the norm!) It would have been infinitely cooler if Quakeone.com had a large scale project of some type where all the talents from coders to mappers to graphic texture / modelers to modders. R00k was mentioned a Zombie game/mod in Quake a few days ago. As far as I know he's itching to throw some QC around. Fn Six shooter n shit , ETC!

That's how r00k handles multiplayer mods. Rook has to be the Quaker I am most often around that has mad talents, from mod conceptualized to testing the mod , straight into finding anomalies that wasn't intended to be apart of the game flow / visualized design. And this is constantly using the assets always found on your typical client-side server mod.

r00k brings da rawkus with the stock assets n shit. It probably be full nuclear grapes if some kind of concept for a Quakeone.com "Bring us all your Talent" aka DreamTeam1992 type level shit was in need of a person who was very fluent with QC. I would put the r00k signal in the sky brah.

Does anyone know the Map Jam various authors/contributors well?
        I must say I don't know very many people personally to the extent I have them on speed-annoy instant messengers etc etc.....lol
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I was thinking something along the same lines. I mean the new doom4 is coming out so why not something we can do, maybe it can be put on steam.

The site then would get a lot more users, players and funding.

Maybe something like a ProQuake5 with new content, physics, levels, weapon mechanics etc. Not sure if even quake5 will come out from id

Everybody is present here. From experienced quakers to modders, modelers and programmers. And some are even eager to start work on something

Maybe it can be called something else but still holding true to a quake style of play

My impression is that there's a lot of quake content but few new users actually have the knowledge or know-how to get everything running, maybe some sort of new pre-packaged game that can run with a simple install and get everyone playing without updating engines, downloading levels or asking many questions as to how to do it
          The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Originally posted by Gem View Post
            I was thinking something along the same lines. I mean the new doom4 is coming out so why not something we can do, maybe it can be put on steam.

The site then would get a lot more users, players and funding.

Maybe something like a ProQuake5 with new content, physics, levels, weapon mechanics etc. Not sure if even quake5 will come out from id

Everybody is present here. From experienced quakers to modders, modelers and programmers. And some are even eager to start work on something

Maybe it can be called something else but still holding true to a quake style of play

My impression is that there's a lot of quake content but few new users actually have the knowledge or know-how to get everything running, maybe some sort of new pre-packaged game that can run with a simple install and get everyone playing without updating engines, downloading levels or asking many questions as to how to do it
            If (Place Holder) was given a fresh dressing, getting rid of the original

-models.
            -textures.
            -sounds.
            -I'm probably missing something,this is that missing somethings placeholder.

those 4 items, give or take 1? We could easily be 'our own thing' , but to end up @ Steam the (Place Holder) things would have to become a brand new beast or fresh out da oven !! ! =)

Comment

Yes brand new, fresh out of the oven

maybe the site can still get some more publicity even as a q1 site

One that has made a new fps game by all its members' inputted efforts
              The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

It's just a thought, but perhaps it might provide some more encouragement and maybe a little guidance if the "wish" list was a bit more well defined. It's a difficult balance but once you know the scope of what you are looking for it becomes easier for talented people such as Rook / Baker / MG / Talisa / Moon / Sock (should they wish to be involved) to visualize it, agree some rules of engagement and produce something. I'm sure all will become clear when Mindz's placeholder becomes fleshed out
                Having started to learn just a little Game Dev over the last few months it can really help organise a project if the team working on it agree a game type, weapon set and player objectives at the outset so they have a target to work towards.
                Unfortunately I have zero artistic talent and am at a very early stage of my learning curve on this sort of thing, as some such as Mindzy who have seen the horrors of design that I create can attest, otherwise I would be in a position to contribute something worthy. However, that said if i can help with something please let me know.

Kind regards

Monty.
                Last edited by Mr.Burns; 12-22-2015, 06:16 AM.
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I wanna peek at the presents!
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

@Unfortunately I have zero artistic talent and am at a very early stage of my learning curve on this sort of thing - I'm just gonna say that your start map looked really clean. You're probably a bit better than your modesty allows you to admit.
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                    X