No announcement yet.

Overwatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The open beta was pretty good, might get it.

Comment

They announced Overwatch will be released next Monday evening instead of Tuesday now!!! Can't wait!!!

Comment

So the game launched tonight! So smooth!! No server issues at all. What a great job by Blizzard!!

Comment

Great to hear that. Doom SP is amazing. MP is good -- but nothing too great. So I may also buy Overwatch.

I'll see whether I can get some friends to buy it. Such games are usually pretty frustrating with a bad team, and playing them with some friends while talking via skype or teamspeak is what makes them shine.
          dfsp*spirit
          my FPS maps

Comment

Originally posted by dfsp_spirit View Post
            Great to hear that. Doom SP is amazing. MP is good -- but nothing too great. So I may also buy Overwatch.

I'll see whether I can get some friends to buy it. Such games are usually pretty frustrating with a bad team, and playing them with some friends while talking via skype or teamspeak is what makes them shine.
            Agree with that. Overwatch is actually the first game I've ever played with teamspeak - I don't really get into multi-player FPS games other than Q1. I played America's Army for awhile but never did the teamspeak thing. I'm currently playing with a co-worker and his friends and notice the drastic difference. When you're playing with a group you know and you can plan out strategies as the game goes on, it's so much more fun.

Comment

It really is a great game! It's going to be my multiplayer game for a bit.

Comment

I'm saddened there's not more interest in this game with Q1 folks

Comment

Im not presently ready to drop 60 on this game... or perhaps any game for that matter.. any time soon lol. If this game has a future, and it drops perhaps in the 15 dollar rage I might grab it. Im not being cheap, but my time is really limited. I barely get to play q1 lol. At least, late nights, are the servers moderately filled in Overwatch? That might be a considering factor for me personally as I barely get to play during the day

Having said that, it does sound great and looks good and I believe you it is fun to play - but I have a horror about mp games that become ghost towns later, although I dont think that will be the case with a blizzard game.. but what if.. then my money is wasted on nothing

Regardless, it will be a little wait and see for me. I would deff might buy it in the future, as it looks like fps are far out and in between these days... in other words, they are pretty rare on the computer lol
                  The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Originally posted by Gem View Post
                    Im not presently ready to drop 60 on this game... or perhaps any game for that matter.. any time soon lol. If this game has a future, and it drops perhaps in the 15 dollar rage I might grab it. Im not being cheap, but my time is really limited. I barely get to play q1 lol. At least, late nights, are the servers moderately filled in Overwatch? That might be a considering factor for me personally as I barely get to play during the day

Having said that, it does sound great and looks good and I believe you it is fun to play - but I have a horror about mp games that become ghost towns later, although I dont think that will be the case with a blizzard game.. but what if.. then my money is wasted on nothing

Regardless, it will be a little wait and see for me. I would deff might buy it in the future, as it looks like fps are far out and in between these days... in other words, they are pretty rare on the computer lol
                    FYI the base game is $40. The "origins edition" is $60. You don't need the origins edition. All it does is come with some extra skins.

Comment

I've personally never had an issue getting into a game.

Comment

40 does sound a bit better, its just that everywhere i went when i stumbled upon this game, 60 was thrown in my face lol

hmm... considering that the graphics and gameplay are indeed great, there is nothing out there close to this game and the environments do look sort of amazing, i might consider this

there isnt many other fps to play..... so yea, and the constant reminders and talking about this game in this thread did have me take a more careful and closer look at it hehe (screenshots and gameplay vids)

so i gather this is some sort of team thing, like tf2? are there other modes like ffa or duels... or maybe a single player mode where you walk and look around and fool vs the game ai bots maybe? (exploring peacefully what the game has to offer)

Comment

There's a mode to play single player vs AI bots, but I haven't done it. It's just so much fun playing the normal game mode.

It is like TF2. Different classes of characters. Your team has some sort of objective depending on the map (either attack/control a zone, defend the zone, move the payload to an objective, or king-of-the-hill type games).

Comment

Alright, alright... i think you got me almost convinced hehe

I might get it in a month or 2, i have to take it easy on my pouch of gold coins - that means my wallet/budget hehe, as i bought a bunch of extra stuff these months but.. yea, ok.. i think i'll get it It also looks very colorful and cheerful, so I dont think I will regret this

This is a mammoth of a game though, i have to make space for the 30gb it requires so that will take some time too. But there isnt anything this good looking and fun on the market so thats a huge strong point there, very nice characters, environments, the whole thing plays like a big budget action animation

Lastly what is your screen-names for this game, so i can add you guys (Sole and Arrcee) in friend list or something for this game
                            Last edited by Gem; 05-27-2016, 03:56 AM.

Comment

I thought these were useful for new players that wanna get into it

The review got a 9 on GameSpot, which is great I think:
                              Overwatch Review - GameSpot

This is a character guide. All look great to me, Im not sure who to pick, guess I'll try playing with them all at some point
                              Overwatch Character Guide: How to Master Each Hero - GameSpot
                              Last edited by Gem; 05-27-2016, 02:49 PM.

Comment

FYI my Blizzard Battle Tag is Solecord#1984 feel free to add me

Comment

Working...
                                X