Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOOM Reborn For A New Age

Are you ready to "FIGHT LIKE HELL"?
    We all know that any DOOM or Quake title released in this day and age won't be anything like we used to play but is that entirely a bad thing? These days developers have to branch out to all platforms such as XBOX ONE and PS4 because frankly most of today's players are console owners and that affects the PC games we all played like DOOM and Quake that was originally just for PC. These games have to be redesigned to be played comfortably with an XBOX ONE or PS4 controller opposed to being designed for a mouse and keyboard. For a PC owner some changes in this aspect could make a game seem slower in response time or just not as comfortable as the previous titles. I have to say I play a PS4 these days because my PC has fried out due to Modding and just too Damn much gaming so I'm going to be aging DOOM on a console. Even though I would prefer my PC I'm still excited for this title because regardless of reviews being bad I'm just glad to see the franchise isn't dead. I could care less about what ft he multi player beta reviews are saying because DOOM was always a single layer game for me. QUAKE was always my multi player go to game. So what your thoughts on this title? Everyone is entitled to an opinion and we all love id software otherwise we wouldn't be here. Will this new release push them forward or will it throw them back?
    Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

I think the main problem with these new games (its fine that their new) is that the levels all look alike or very similar - so they end up being a bit boring. Then there is a lot of focus on the actual combat or gameplay as it's said - which is fine - but dont forget the environment.

The formula is the same, move from point a to b, but at least it has to be interesting to look at. The strongpoint of the old games is that each level was different and maintained a high standard of quality, not all similar levels, or only the first level is well designed and the rest ho-hum lol

I want to see excellent diverse environments that you just pause to look at (after you cleared the monsters, or you are amazed by - like in the old times) taking advantage of all our new techs of today. And interactive environments too, like in duke3d hehe or other 3drealms titles, that's how its done
    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

I agree a diverse design is a much needed component to today's games. I hope that it's not going to be just the same looking corridors just going in different directions. Steel can be pretty but as a base for an entire level not so much. So far we know you travel between the regular world and the dimension of hell as one of the key points of the game. Lets just hope they made the level designs between the two something to remember. The combat looked great with the hand to hand kills but also showed some repetitive executions especially with the chainsaw. Excessive repetition of game play is always a concern for me. You could have the most amazing combat it a game but if every execution or sequence plays out ft he same as the last it can get old really fast.
      Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the release, and it's the only game I have pre-ordered and payed full price for in a looong time.

And I decided that I want to judge DooM only when I've played it myself.

For a while I thought all new FPS games suck. But the new Shadow Warrior and the new Wolfenstein are both very cool games, so there's still hope!
        dfsp*spirit
        my FPS maps

Comment

Multiplayer wasn't up to snuff, but that wasn't really DOOM's thing. I'm spending this weekend binge-playing the single player like a crack fiend and I hope that others do the same.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

I'm preloading Doom on Steam as we speak, so I will be ready to take on Hell and whatever demons it wants to send at me!

Comment

So now that it's basically out in most places, what is everyone's first impressions? I'm fucking loving it so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
                So now that it's basically out in most places, what is everyone's first impressions? I'm fucking loving it so far!
                Likewise here. I only played about an hour last night when it went live but I was having a lot of fun with it! I love the brutal finishes, and the weapons so far have felt really good.

I even played a couple matches of multi-player and couldn't understand all the hate that it was getting. I heard some guy on the mic saying "Yea this is fun, it's just mindless fun" as if it should be anything else!

Anyway, it's a lot of fun so far, definitely recommend the single player at least.

Comment

The single player campaign is definitely better than the multiplayer, I also actually like the minor Fallout-like system they added with the weapon modifications, upgrading health, armour, ammo, etc. and the character abilities you can change. I didn't think that would work, but it seems to.

I also like how they managed to implement gameplay similar to the original Dooms and Quake while giving the game the evil, ominous atmosphere Doom 3 and Doom 64 had. The sound effects, artistic direction and soundtrack are very well done, the mix of ambient and industrial/metal-ish music was great and fitting for the new DOOM. Well done id Software, my faith is restored.

Comment

Like I said in the other Doom impression thread: I really like it! Great shooting, movement, and weapons so far.

Sadly my gfx card is too shitty to run it properly, so I did not play that much yet. New gfx card is ordered and arrives today.
                    dfsp*spirit
                    my FPS maps

Comment

@ my PC has fried out due to Modding and just too Damn much gaming

It's not awesome but, it's not dogshit either - I have an HP laptop I will sell you for $150 (lowest price I found refurbished is $174). It's practically brand new. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's a sexy candy apple red. I think I paid $300 (definitely real close to that). I also have a PSVita Slim that I would sell for $200. It's also like brand new. You can have all the games and everything (Bordelands 2, God of War 1 & 2), it has a nerf protective case that is awesome. I easily paid almost $500 for it + games + case. I don't give a shit about or use either of the devices I mentioned here, which is why they are like brand new. The PSVita also has a developers license you can have as well... it may be expired though. I can't remember how long it was good for. If one year, it's done. If 2 years you still have some time.

exactly this: standard specs 4gig ram, Intel Pentium N3540 processor, blah blah

edit: Anyone on this site can have either of these things for the price I stated. If I was going to sell this stuff to anyone else (ie CL or summin), I would go $200 laptop and $350 Vita
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-14-2016, 08:36 AM.
                      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                      X