Steam Summer Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Summer Sales

Curious to hear what everybody has picked up, if anything on the Steam Summer sales! Can't believe we don't have a thread going already. Would love to hear your recommendations/thoughts on various games. Or good games in general that should be picked up while on sale.

Games Dark_Duke Purchased during Sale
    1) The Witcher 3(50% off)
    2) Darkest Dungeon
    3) Hero Siege
    4) Nuclear Throne
    5) Rebel Galaxy

Games you should pick up (if you don't own them)
    1) KILLING FLOOR (Favorite multiplayer steam game)
    2) Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (second favorite steam game)
    3) Grim Fandango: Remaster (less than 4 dollars, amazing)
    4) Axiom Verge (metroidvania like, pickup if goes under 10 dollars)
    5) DOOM (***The reboot version**40% off! Pretty fun singleplayer)
    6) Arma! Any of them!

Probably don't buy these
    1) Elite Dangerous: Horizons (I put like 150 hours into this game... developers are slow and the game is very unfinished)
    2) H1Z1
    3) The Culling (pretty lame, feels unfinished)
    Last edited by Dark_Duke; 06-29-2016, 06:02 PM.

4) Quake (great multiplayer, single player campaign feels unfinished)

Comment

Originally posted by Izhido View Post
      4) Quake (great multiplayer, single player campaign feels unfinished)

ho ho ho HO!!! Funny guy over here!

Comment

Buy Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (75% off!)

I've been meaning to write a steam review and also post it here for a while now. This game is AWESOME. One of my faves. Online still works too (if you know the 'trick' ).

Anywho, if anybody gets Burnout, leme know and we can play sometime.

My steam name is Sgt-PieFace (P.S there are two Sgt-PieFaces I think. My profile description is 'merp' and it says I'm from Toronto Ontario Canada)

Comment

I bought ARK:Survival Evolved and South Park Stick of Truth!
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
            Buy Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (75% off!)

Burnout Paradise is god damn amazing!!! I used to have it on console. LOVED that game. I'll definitely pick it up and add you on steam

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              I bought ARK:Survival Evolved and South Park Stick of Truth!
              Is ARK any good? I played South Park Stick of Truth, they put A TON of effort into that game and it seriously shows. It's like playing a season of South Park.

Comment

There's this game I'm looking forward to based completely on liking the art style that's only 30% off. It's only $15 so I could just pay full price, but $10.5 is still a bit better. I don't read reviews because I don't want to get hyped, so I just look at screenshots and art.
                sigpic

Comment

Burnout Paradise is so much fun and I'm not a big race car game guy.

Comment

I got Area 51 because
                    1it was free the U.S. air force bought the copyright or some shit and is now giving it away
                    2 John Romero worked on the game
                    3 David Duchovny is one of the best voice actors and gives the game a x-files feel
                    4 blowing up aliens
                    5 becoming an alien to kill aliens
                    6 the old arcade game is one of the best

if you get this game you may get a can't connect to the internet error but the patch is easy to find on google
                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W43xym-Vx4[/ame]

i love the old burnout games on ps2 they are the best but i always get lost in Paradise city. i dont like the open world racing but me on the track and lets go. i always take the wrong turn at Albuquerque and get lost in lucky to finish a race

Comment

@JDS

I was going to past the same thing about Burnout Paradise.
                      I am going through Point of Impact at the moment on my old fat (sometimes doesn't load) ps2.

>Steam sales. I haven't dipped in yet.
                      I really miss the flash sales, I know a lot of people complained about missing out on them but I liked checking them and grabbing a bargain.
                      I will pick something up before it ends.
                      Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                        I got Area 51 because
                        1it was free the U.S. air force bought the copyright or some shit and is now giving it away
                        2 John Romero worked on the game
                        3 David Duchovny is one of the best voice actors and gives the game a x-files feel
                        4 blowing up aliens
                        5 becoming an alien to kill aliens
                        6 the old arcade game is one of the best
                        I bought that game when it was new on the original xbox. Loved it! It started off easy but seriously kicked your ass in the later stages. Lots of cool enemies.
                        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Adam if you got an old fat ps2 get a network adapter and if you got an old hard drive you can set up the mcboot program. i put all the games that use the racewheel on it and its a blast to play burnout games. the only one that dose ont work with the wheal is burnout dominator. i wish they still made race games like that and ones with split screen 2 player.

dutch i played it for the first time on my ps2 last summer. i got almost to the end but quit playing for what ever reason. check it out on pc the graphics seem to be better the the ps2 from what i recall.

and i also picked up the Doom demo. the kid and i have been playing it with my low cost VR setup getting our asses kicked a lot! we have the kor fx gaming vest that vibrates to sound and with doom3 and the new doom it a cool experience. the background noise vibrates well and puts you in kinda a stress fight of flight reaction.

with a "its new to me" pc im looking for good games to try maybe my cheep ass will pay for one some day.
                          any recommendations for FPS where you kill monsters and not people? i will play COD and stuff once in a wile. but killing poor 3rd world people is not my thing... a lot of games not days are lets kill our human brothers with different skin shade. i want to kill monsters and daemons to save the whole world for everyone.

Comment

@JDSTONER

If you don't have it, the original Halo is absolutely badass. Don't bother with any of the ones after that though. None of them had the storyline or feel of the original, except for maybe halo: reach. You are shooting aliens though, and not so much monsters lol
                            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

I would have bought Skyrim DLC if it was on sale more than 25%.

I did buy TIS-100, which is a programming puzzle game. Once I get though SpaceChem, I should start playing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X