Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Champion Gameplay Trailer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UhHcEiegb8[/ame]

That actually looks pretty slick, not gonna lie!

But the weapon switching is still too long. Why bother with slow weapon switches? That absolutely ruined Q2 and Q3 as far as speed is concerned. Isn't it already unrealistic enough that you can magically carry 8+ guns?
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Agreed, it does look slick!

I'm not sure I'm fond of the idea of 'champions' in a quake-style arena FPS. It seems they are taking the idea of "champions" from MOBA format games and adding that to the FPS world. Essentially its deathmatch with classes now, and heavily varying classes at that.

Comment

It looks nice, but not fond of the idea of rebooting Quake 3 (my least favorite of the franchise). Would much have preferred a Q1 reboot / sequel, or even a Q2 universe entry, as unlikely as either are those are nowadays.
        Soundtracks and Instrumentals
        MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNMjfL83VNQ[/ame]
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

If it goes F2P, then I'll definitely get it. Probably won't be as good as TF2, imo, but it's still Quake. Still salty that Ranger gets killed in the trailer... at least, I assume that's the "new" Ranger.
            MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMEVAL View Post
              at least, I assume that's the "new" Ranger.
              What else could it be?

And about the F2P thing, i doubt it will. Isnt Quake Live F2P now?

Comment

Well, for all I know, his name is Tremor Rogue or something. xD
                MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

It would be cool if you could unlock the original q1 ranger in all of his blocky, muddy-texture glory lmao
                  'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Duke View Post
                    I'm not sure I'm fond of the idea of 'champions' in a quake-style arena FPS. It seems they are taking the idea of "champions" from MOBA format games and adding that to the FPS world. Essentially its deathmatch with classes now, and heavily varying classes at that.
                    Yes, it's deathmatch with classes -- and, judging from the video, with abilities. This is what scares me a bit.

I gave Blizzard's Overwatch a try, and I hope QC is gonna be less about abilities. The ultimates in Overwatch need to be used at the right time and in the right situation, yes -- but they still feel very gimmicky to me, and skill won't help you against them in many cases (running away, if possible, helps best it seems). Also the class system with the idea of counter characters and frequent class switching during games is pretty annoying imo.

But I guess they need to offer something new. Class-based TDM is not new at all, and the new generation of players doesn't want to play the 5000th TDM game I guess. Maybe we are just too old-fashioned.

I hope they make a demo or free-to-play-weekend (I don't hope they make the game f2p in general) so I can give it a try before I decide whether it's worth buying. And in my experience, these team based games are only fun to play if you play together with some friends so you can really do some teamwork. Otherwise they are just stupid spawn, run to objective, pop ability before others do it, die, repeat cycles that get boring very quickly.
                    dfsp*spirit
                    my FPS maps

Comment

those rocket jumps are fn legit as fuck bro
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

God, I hope it's not free-to-play.
                        I wrote my final exam paper last semeseter on that game developers should not make free-to-play games, and god dammit, I actually agreed with my own Academic assignment's thesis for once.

Comment

Uh... so... um, why is it so bad to make free-to-play games?

Comment

Originally posted by Izhido View Post
                            Uh... so... um, why is it so bad to make free-to-play games?
                            Same here? Is it because the devs most likely sacrificed/dumbed down something?

Comment

In the worst case, free-to-play means pay-to-win. But by now, the majority of developers and publishers know that this is a very bad idea.

Ads in games did not work out, so mostly they sell skins and stuff like that in-game. Nothing wrong with that imo.

But still you may get more people who have no real interest on the servers just because they feel like trying a free game. For team-based games, it's horrible if 50% of the players does not know what to do and what the game is all about.

Path of Exile is an example of a free-to-play game where they did not fuck up. Their free-to-play system works and and I really liked the game a lot.
                              dfsp*spirit
                              my FPS maps

Comment

Working...
                              X