The Crew is free on PC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crew is free on PC!

If you haven't heard, you can grab a copy of the racing game The Crew for free on UPlay! I've played a little of it and it's a pretty decent game; spectacular game if you consider it's free.

Get a copy here.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMw2BvISw0[/ame]

I have it on Xbox and I gotta say it's super fun, especially on console. I can't say anything for the PC port, but I guess that's next on my list (but seriously, UPlay can fuck itself with a radiator pipe. NO, I DON'T WANT TO LOG IN, ASSASSIN'S CREED).

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
      If you haven't heard, you can grab a copy of the racing game The Crew for free on UPlay! I've played a little of it and it's a pretty decent game; spectacular game if you consider it's free.

Get a copy here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMw2BvISw0
      I play this game religiously, and as much as I am a fan of this game (its A+) , the free game is coming before a new paid DLC drops, which will prop up a ton of gamers to be possible consumers.

you can find me on this game : mindzx
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
        I have it on Xbox and I gotta say it's super fun, especially on console. I can't say anything for the PC port, but I guess that's next on my list (but seriously, UPlay can fuck itself with a radiator pipe. NO, I DON'T WANT TO LOG IN, ASSASSIN'S CREED).
        Yeah, I downloaded it on XboxOne a while back for free as part of the "Games with Gold" shit they do twice a month. I played it for maybe 40 mins. Wasn't impressed with it. Not necessarily saying the game is horrible, it's just not my cup of pee. Then again, racing games with an xbox controller have little chance of being worth a shit in my opinion. I prefer the more authentic feeling pure simulation race games on PC that use a wheel and pedals. Then again AGAIN... The Crew just made the cars "feel" weird, at least on xb1. I'd liken it to how the cars handled in the old Need For Speed Most Wanted game that I tried out several years back on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
          Yeah, I downloaded it on XboxOne a while back for free as part of the "Games with Gold" shit they do twice a month. I played it for maybe 40 mins. Wasn't impressed with it. Not necessarily saying the game is horrible, it's just not my cup of pee. Then again, racing games with an xbox controller have little chance of being worth a shit in my opinion. I prefer the more authentic feeling pure simulation race games on PC that use a wheel and pedals. Then again AGAIN... The Crew just made the cars "feel" weird, at least on xb1. I'd liken it to how the cars handled in the old Need For Speed Most Wanted game that I tried out several years back on PC.
          I do use wheel and pedals. We have more control over our game on PC than console gamers....

The Crew PC Force Feedback Tuning and Tweaks - Inside Sim Racing

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pkNWFwcDgU[/ame]

For the price of a video game, you can snag that Thrustmaster Ferarri edition and scoop the Crew for free, that would put you in the spot you wanna be. If you desire more, Logiteh G27 is recommended.

Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend Race Wheel (PS3/PC)

not to mention the graphics overhaul it got recently. look at these

http://i.imgur.com/scqZvnp.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/Ptp8B4U.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/sQ41z0m.jpg
          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-24-2016, 07:55 AM.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Oh man, I haven't played a racing game since, what, NFS Underground? The first one. I did try Trackmania a while back but didn't like the feel of the car's physics. This one looks fun, I dig the possibility to go off-road. I might give it a try.

Edit: Apparently you need a Uplay account to download. Screw that, I'm gonna torrent it.

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            For the price of a video game, you can snag that Thrustmaster Ferarri edition
            Is this the new name of the former MOMO wheel?

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
            racing games with an xbox controller have little chance of being worth a shit in my opinion. I prefer the more authentic feeling pure simulation race games on PC that use a wheel and pedals.
            From what I've seen, this game looks very arcade, so a wheel isn't mandatory and you'd probably be fine with just a gamepad.
            Last edited by Mugwump; 09-22-2016, 08:14 PM.
            ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
            ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

For the price of a video game, you can snag that Thrustmaster Ferarri edition and scoop the Crew for free, that would put you in the spot you wanna be. If you desire more, Logiteh G27 is recommended.
              That's basically the same wheel I have already. Mine's a little older and has black rubber on the sides of the wheel instead of the red, but same button layout, same pedals, same everything else. I dunno if it's "force feedback" because I always kept it turned off. From what I remember, it was less "feedback" and more just "rumble", and it got kind of annoying, so I turned it off. The wheel is decent I guess, it performs smooth and accurate. The wheel centers back to 0 using what it is obviously some kind of stretchy bungee cords attached to the wheel column inside the housing. Obviously not made with the most high quality parts possible, but for the price, it does the job well. My biggest complaint are the pedals. They require so much force to push them down that simply resting your heel on the floorboard portion will NOT hold the whole thing in place, and it'll likely want to flip backwards. I end up having to push my pedalboard all the way up against the wall and then hold the left front corner of it down to the carpet with my left foot toes while my right foot is on the pedals. Got really really uncomfortable during 1hr to 2hr sessions when I used to race Papyrus Nascar 2003 Season in a league on PC back from probably 2011 to 2013. Wish there was some way to screw the pedalboard down to a larger piece of wood and then use the weight of the desk to hold it down, but from what I remember, the only holes in the bottom of the pedalboard are REVERSE threaded, so none of the 1000's of screws I had laying around in the basement would fit it.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                Oh man, I haven't played a racing game since, what, NFS Underground? The first one. I did try Trackmania a while back but didn't like the feel of the car's physics. This one looks fun, I dig the possibility to go off-road. I might give it a try.

Edit: Apparently you need a Uplay account to download. Screw that, I'm gonna torrent it.

Is this the new name of the former MOMO wheel?

From what I've seen, this game looks very arcade, so a wheel isn't mandatory and you'd probably be fine with just a gamepad.
                I'm not sure about MOMO wheel question.

That's amazing that you are going to attempt to pirate an 'always online' game thats about to be given out for free, with no strings attached. lol SMH

A wheel definitely isn't mandatory, but I don't see how anyone would wanna skip that part.

Comment

Well Thrustmaster used to sell a highly esteemed Ferrari wheel called MOMO, then it vanished from the stores.

I'm not signing up to any editor's online crap. It's free anyway, so torrenting it won't spoil the developers.

Not everyone owns a steering wheel and I assumed it was Focalor's case. Arcade racing games are typically very playable with a pad and this was me telling him not to give up so easily.

Comment

Well Thrustmaster used to sell a highly esteemed Ferrari wheel called MOMO, then it vanished from the stores.

I'm not signing up to any editor's online crap. It's free anyway, so torrenting it won't spoil the developers.

Not everyone owns a steering wheel and I assumed it was Focalor's case. Arcade racing games are typically very playable with a pad and this was me telling him not to give up so easily.
                    lol, so you're willing to sacrifice the better aspects of this game simply due to a Steam/Origin type thing? I'm astonished. lol

multiplayer is the icing on the cake imo.

Comment

I'm not sacrificing anything. As incredible as it may sound to a gamer in 2016, my computer is still offline.

Comment

I'm not sacrificing anything. As incredible as it may sound to a gamer in 2016, my computer is still offline.
                        guess we never played Quake1 multiplayer together then. what a shame <3

Comment

guess we never played Quake1 multiplayer together then. what a shame <3
                          Nope. I've played LANs a bit but my Quake experience is mostly SP and Q3 bots.

Comment

Out of curiosity Bfg, why do you have an offline PC when it comes to gaming?

Comment

Because I don't have an internet connection or the cash to get one. I browse the internet on my phone or others' computers.

Comment

Working...
                              X