Rockstar Games Weekend Sale on Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockstar Games Weekend Sale on Steam

Hey, I'm just letting the Quake fam here know that there is an amazing steam sale going on this weekend. There are some great (and relatively new) titles that you might have missed for just a few dollars (scroll down on page). So if there are some excellent games you might have missed, here is your chance to acquire and play them now without breaking your wallet lol. Be advised though that these games are quite storage hungry, so make a preparatory umm.. Fall clean-up if necessary lol! I will surely grab a few of these unplayed 'gems' myself hehe :p

Enjoy and don't play too much at a time, don't forget to take breaks
    Rockstar Publisher Weekend 2016
    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Thanks for the update Gem! There are some very good games on that sales list.

I would recommend Bully to anyone who hasn't played it before. One of my favorites!

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
      I would recommend Bully to anyone who hasn't played it before. One of my favorites!
      I need to play that one day. Rockstar, for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption, it's whenever you want, guys... No rush, really. No rush... at... all...
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Forgot to say, the sale was 70% off, that is pretty big

I got my hands on to play La Noire, always wanted that one, Max Payne 3, couldn't get that one either until now for various reasons (price too high, lack of time, etc.. and I already played the first 2 in the series and they were great btw) for around $5 and the Midnight Racing game and Manhunt for 3dollars50, I mean that's amazing right there

As was pointed out, Bully too, but I already played that one and can attest it's great lol Also you can pick up the new and vast world of GTA5 for $40, if you don't already have it. I heard with that game you'll be very busy online after you finish the offline mode, as GTA5 online has a lot of fun stuff happening with it

As I remember, this whole sales thing ends Monday morning 10am, so make your grabs now lol This is my first time seeing such a huge sale and taking advantage of it lol (maybe also cause I'm a pretty new Steam user too - yea, you can call me a noob now lol)

Also at checkout, I got alerted about Mafia2 at 80% discount, so I grabbed that one too lol That game is like gta but in the 40s or something . Well enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Gem View Post
          Also at checkout, I got alerted about Mafia2 at 80% discount, so I grabbed that one too lol That game is like gta but in the 40s or something.
          Played the first one, it was pretty cool, with a better story than GTA 3 released around the same time. Haven't played the second one yet - I think I have the CD stashed somewhere.
          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Same here only that I haven't played the first one, well I don't know what happened.. I remembered I had the CD somewhere too but I have no clue where I put it or what the game was even about So I think I should look for it and maybe play it in order so that I can appreciate the graphics of the second game more lol

Comment

Also you can pick up the new and vast world of GTA5 for $40, if you don't already have it. I heard with that game you'll be very busy online after you finish the offline mode, as GTA5 online has a lot of fun stuff happening with it

Yep. I started playing GTA5 on XBoxOne in Jan 2015. By May 2015, I finally got around to getting an XBoxLive subscription and started playing the multiplayer. Been a religious almost daily player ever since. They come out with free DLC updates every month or two that adds new content and gameplay features. The online part is fun, but it takes lots of time to make lots of money to be able to buy the more expensive toys like 2mil supercars, 10mil yacht, 8mil office space for CEO mode stuff, etc. This coming Tues Oct 4th, they're putting out the long awaited biker update. Should be pretty cool.

I still have my original Mafia 1 retail box. Was pretty fun from what I remember of it. Mafia 2 was great, better than the 1st, I'd definitely recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
                Yep. I started playing GTA5 on XBoxOne in Jan 2015. By May 2015, I finally got around to getting an XBoxLive subscription and started playing the multiplayer. Been a religious almost daily player ever since. They come out with free DLC updates every month or two that adds new content and gameplay features. The online part is fun, but it takes lots of time to make lots of money to be able to buy the more expensive toys like 2mil supercars, 10mil yacht, 8mil office space for CEO mode stuff, etc. This coming Tues Oct 4th, they're putting out the long awaited biker update. Should be pretty cool.

I still have my original Mafia 1 retail box. Was pretty fun from what I remember of it. Mafia 2 was great, better than the 1st, I'd definitely recommend it.
                Until I can upgrade to an XboxOne I have been playing on my 360. Sadly I keep getting kicked offline as my user account keeps getting signed out about 15-20 minutes into playing online. I have a 100% story mode completion with all my player's nearly topped out in cash. I think the most you can get is 2.47 billion if you play the stock market correct and I did it with Franklin, I actually made more but the money won't budge passed 2.47 billion.

Currently Michael has 1.2 Billion & Trevor has 1.7 Billion in cash.

I wish they would put out a story mode DLC, Last year in August they announced a plan to update the story mode with online style feature's but then retracted their plan's only day's after announcing it and claimed to only have time for online updates. BAH! Only reason I have yet to get an updated console is because I am only home 7 day's a month, I don't see the need at the moment to spend $300+ on a console when I can invest it into stock's and cd's.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                  Until I can upgrade to an XboxOne I have been playing on my 360. Sadly I keep getting kicked offline as my user account keeps getting signed out about 15-20 minutes into playing online. I have a 100% story mode completion with all my player's nearly topped out in cash. I think the most you can get is 2.47 billion if you play the stock market correct and I did it with Franklin, I actually made more but the money won't budge passed 2.47 billion.

Currently Michael has 1.2 Billion & Trevor has 1.7 Billion in cash.

I wish they would put out a story mode DLC, Last year in August they announced a plan to update the story mode with online style feature's but then retracted their plan's only day's after announcing it and claimed to only have time for online updates. BAH! Only reason I have yet to get an updated console is because I am only home 7 day's a month, I don't see the need at the moment to spend $300+ on a console when I can invest it into stock's and cd's.
                  Ugh! Yeah, I got some news you're gonna fucking hate then...

You know how they have the ability to transfer your online character over from XB360 to XB1? Yeah, uh... not no mo', man. Last I heard, they put the brakes on that train. People were buying these modded player accounts from people with a modded XB360 system and a XB1 for a small fee, probably around 20 bucks per player account. The modder would set up the acct on the XB360, mod the accounts player rank up to something ridiculous like Rank 3000, add a few BILLION dollars to their bank account, and then transfer the player account over to the XB1, and then hand over control of that account to the buyer for the $20 fee (or whatever they charged). It was screwing Rockstar out of being able to sell those Shark Cards to players because they could just buy a modded acct from a modder for cheaper than a Shark Card and get 10,000% more cash in the bank account. So, yeah, they don't allow anyone to transfer their character over from xb360 to XB1 anymore.

Fucking sucks if you're a brand new current gen console player. Because you used to get a few cool perks from being a transferring player like the ability to buy a few cool toys like an exclusive monster truck, the Imponte Dukes (looks like an old Dodge Charger), etc. The previous transfer players got that luxury for buying the title twice. But if YOU buy the same game twice now... SORRY, NO SOUP FOR YOU!

God damn man. I don't even see how you stand playing that game on the XB360. From what I hear, the modding and cheating is outrageously rampant. Luckily, Microsoft seems to have learned a bit and done a pretty good job keeping the XB1 secure and unmodded. As far as I know, people have been able to crack it open and clone the disk, but no one's been able to actually hack into the file system to mod things.

From what I hear, Rockstar has no plans to add any more single player content to GTAV story mode at any time in the future. I think they're more focused on extending the lifespan of the game through new Online content, probably because at this point they're gonna make more profit selling the Shark Cards than new copies of the game. Everyone's already got the game, and they can't sell anything to make a single player DLC profitable unless they actually charge money for the DLC itself. I know I wouldn't drop any more money on single player DLC no matter what it was, so probably lots of other players wouldn't either, which would make it a waste of time and resources for them.

Comment

I think that when you get so complicated with things, there will always be some sort of chaos lol unless it would be regulated

I was thinking of the online part of gta5, more like a light playing experience, running around and doing some fun things.. err, sorta like Quake Not sure if you can do that though..

As usual I got the game but didn't get around to installing/ playing lol The same goes for Overwatch (Solecord?) lol

Well have fun with the games everyone, but I think people shouldn't get too worked up or upset too much over the inner-workings of a game - esp. when you have little control of it (such as this whole online gta thing lol)

Comment

I think that when you get so complicated with things, there will always be some sort of chaos lol unless it would be regulated
                      There's been so many "issues" with GTAOnline though. Things that, in my opinion, were completely preventable if they would've devoted the proper oversight to things, particularly in TESTING. They've had all kinds of little gamebreaking bugs and exploits that they've had to patch AFTER the game went out. It shows a clear neglect on their part to test their product properly. I'm sure much of it had to do with corporate bullshit and the company wanting the game out quickly on the XB360 before the XB1 hit. And then since they did that, they obviously wanted to rerelease it for the next-gen systems, and none of the modeling in the XB1 version really stacks up against other games on the next-gen console. When they "updated" and rereleased it, as far as I can tell, they really just focused taking advantage of small lighting effects that would run on the new systems, maybe some higher-res textures, but they really didn't touch any of the models or architecture. Seriously, the way they animate faces and speech in cutscenes in GTA5 is so LAST gen and terrible looking, especially when compared to other XB1 titles like Ryse Son of Rome which had some ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL modeling and speech animation in it.

All the stupid little bugs and problems made me vow that I would NEVER buy another GTA game again in the future. And the players have been petitioning and petitioning them for a biker themed DLC for GTAOnline for years, and they've seemingly been flat-out ignoring everyone. But then they announced the biker DLC was actually coming, and I thought "Hmm. Maybe they DO give a damn." So if the biker DLC hits without any issues and it's a home-run overall... I'll take back all the horrible shit I've ever said about Rockstar and GTA5.

I won't deny it though, even WITH all the little problems here and there, it's still been a blast to play. My characters at rank 600-something at the moment, so obviously I haven't been so upset about it that I couldn't put in tons of time to rank up that high.

Comment

It's without a doubt as you say, it's even worse for the PC version I heard (read some reviews), so in this case and present point in time, it seems that owning the console version of this game puts one in a more preferable position in regards to having fun online with this game lol. But maybe by the time I get around to actually playing this game online they might fix its issues before starting on a new game maybe?

Comment

Seems like they're plenty satisfied to just keep continuously releasing DLC's for online as well as "mini" updates occasionally that just add a few new vehicles, like back when they'd add 1 more already-available car every 2 or 3 weeks to the list of cars that were eligible for the pricey lowrider upgrades at Benny's Customs. Doesn't sound like they have plans for development of a GTA6 to happen anytime soon. I'm pretty sure they're gonna keep squeezing all the blood they can out of GTA Online for at least another year or two. And considering its been out 2 or 3 years already, thats pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                            I need to play that one day. Rockstar, for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption, it's whenever you want, guys... No rush, really. No rush... at... all...
                            I'm with you! Bring on Red Dead for PC already!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
                              I'm with you! Bring on Red Dead for PC already!!!
                              Ha! Figures. Rockstar seems to enjoy fucking with the people who buy their products. Ever since GTA5 came out on XB360, the online MC community has hounded them non-stop with messages and petitions for a GTAonline biker DLC. We FINALLY got it Oct 4th. And folks have wanted RDR on PC even longer. And what does Rockstar do? They announce the trailer for RDR2 today saying the game itself will be out in FALL 2017. So... don't expect RDR1 for PC. And don't expect RDR2 in Fall '17 either. Those dummies couldn't make a deadline if their lives depended on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X