Brutal Doom 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisa View Post
    to anyone who likes to play with either WildWeasel's doomvisor or saegiru's ultimate doom-visor,
    i made an edit of WildWeasel's doomvisor to fit the dark-red style of doom64:

WW doomvisor -DOOM64 version addon - Mod DB
    Nice.
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

It was nominated for the Game Awards: Nominees - The Game Awards 2016

Scroll down to Best Fan Creation.

Comment

really? wtf... shadow warrior 2 not even nominated for best game of the year?

that game is way better then the new doom imo,
        it makes the new doom seem boring and shit in comparison

but then again, i personally didnt care for the new doom,
        i didnt even finish the demo cuz it bored the fuck out of me
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I feel like a lot of the atmosphere of original Doom64 was lost in this mod. Too many bright glaring lights and flashy things going on. Also the lack of the 6-part colored sector lighting is a bit of a step back (although it's not possible in GZDoom) The colored lighting in the original was part of what made the game quite unique for doom. Made for some very nice effects and flawless transitions from one color to another from the bottom of a sector to the top.

For example:

Also the fact that you can't play actual Doom64 content with this mod is kind of sad - there is a very small mapping scene for DOOM64EX (imo the best PC emulator), but those maps will not work with GZDoom or BD64.

Comment

Working...
          X