No announcement yet.

New Game: Strafe + Free Giveaway!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 game key left... waiting for the last winner to respond, otherwise next person up in line will win!

Comment

Next user in the list was messaged.

Comment

Next user in the list was messaged. LOL

Comment

All prizes awarded! Congrats to the winners!

Comment

Isn't a trailer supposed to make people want to play a game? This one only makes me want to play Quake...
            ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
            ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

I bought STRAFE on Steam and enjoyed it for a good 30 minutes. Still have yet to complete a full "run". It's not bad, it just isn't a 90s shooter as it claims. The texture art is sub par, Quake's being better by a large margin. The levels are uninspired, likely because they are procedurally generated. The enemies seem to lack the variety that even Quake and Doom had, and lack ambient sounds. There are only a few weapons, and you can't carry more than 1 + a super weapon. This isn't like a 90s shooter.

I would only recommend it if you love all manner of shooters and can be easily parted from your $20.

Comment

Well, I've got the last giveaway here, and after installing the game I've found out that my laptop's Intel HD Graphics 3000 is inferior to the minimum requirements (Intel HD Graphics 4600), so I got single-digit framerates, which made the game unplayable. I'm going to buy a new computer later this year, so I'll eventually get to play it.

What I found a little strange is that the developers claims that "Things like the persistent, crazy gore system, procedural generation and complex physics are very taxing on CPUs", but my Core i5 CPU definitely isn't a bottleneck, as I can run games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent (which also uses the Unity engine), Quake 4 and the 2013 Shadow Warrior with no problem.

Anyway, I look forward to writing a proper review about the game itself when possible.
                Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
                ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by mankrip View Post
                  Well, I've got the last giveaway here, and after installing the game I've found out that my laptop's Intel HD Graphics 3000 is inferior to the minimum requirements (Intel HD Graphics 4600), so I got single-digit framerates, which made the game unplayable. I'm going to buy a new computer later this year, so I'll eventually get to play it.

What I found a little strange is that the developers claims that "Things like the persistent, crazy gore system, procedural generation and complex physics are very taxing on CPUs", but my Core i5 CPU definitely isn't a bottleneck, as I can run games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent (which also uses the Unity engine), Quake 4 and the 2013 Shadow Warrior with no problem.

Anyway, I look forward to writing a proper review about the game itself when possible.
                  Sorry to hear that! I have a Geforce 720 overclocked as much as I dare and can't play Formula Fusion.. good thing they had a demo of it. I'd love to see a demo of Strafe, too.. just because you meet the minimum requirements doesn't mean it will run well, or even at all apparently. :/

Comment

Working...
                  X