This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Korax View Post
    UQE Hexen II got tweaked today. I added lightmap overbright rendering. I decided to add this since I removed the software renderer and I know that the OpenGL renderer's lightmapping looks pretty flat at spots that should be brighter.

With the addition of overbright lighting this finally brings the OpenGL onto par with the lighting accuracy the software renderer posessed.

Check out the updated documentation on how to turn it on and off. This new feature is on by default.
    Great work on HeXen2. I will try your Quake Engine!
    Thank You!!

Comment

• I gotta get back into Hexen 2 and Quake again. I've been doing too much work with modern engine tools

Comment

• Drew a pic of the paladin from Hexen 2

EDIT: Shit double post

Comment

• FTEQW - FTE QW (Fore Thought Entertainment) - That magical Quakeworld client. - last time have fixed many bugs in hexen2 so try it and report to developers anything you found like bugs etc.
          https://github.com/janisl/jlquake - a hexen 2 quake 1, 2, 3 source port is still under development, also RTCW added in todo list.
          Hammer of Thyrion: Hexen II and HexenWorld for Linux, BSD, Unix, Mac OS X and Windows - new version released 1.5.3 - exellent release, look to it closer.
          Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
          Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
          HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
          HeXen II Files - under development
          Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
          hexen2 ftp
          hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• awesomes!

the game looks a lot better now in hammer of thyrion with non-power-of-two textures and with being able to set fov higher in opengl mode

btw awesome pic bloodshot
            Last edited by talisa; 04-14-2012, 06:38 AM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Anyone know how to configure a gamepad to play with Hexen II? I figured out how to enable it, but can't customize the analogue sticks. Haven't had any luck with google so far yet.

Using Hammer of Thyrion btw.

Also, gl mode seems to have the cutscene pic/console screen constantly flickering over the game screen.

Also, my configurations don't seem to wanna save.
              Last edited by Legend; 04-18-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• I noticed on the OP's site ( Hexen 2 Texture Pack )that there is a link to download the lit files for Portal of Praevus, but it doesn't seem to work. When I click the link, I get this:

"FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
                If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager."

I was wondering if anyone might have them uploaded somewhere else or know where to find a working link?

Comment

• "Also, my configurations don't seem to wanna save."
                  look in hexen2 folder and for subdirectories file "config.cfg" default is
                  C:\Hexen II\data1\config.cfg
                  C:\Hexen II\Portals\config.cfg
                  look at properties maybe they have read only mark
                  or try to delete them and run game again, setting should be saved.
                  In FTEQW settings must be saved manyally in options menu.

portal of praevus lit files ->
                  http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com\LITs-Portal.rar
                  Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                  Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                  HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                  HeXen II Files - under development
                  Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                  hexen2 ftp
                  hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• Cool. Thanks for the lit files.

I just had to do all my configs by hand and put them in the autoexec to make them load the same every time.

Are there any good Hexen II mods? Like unofficial Mission packs with new levels?

On a related note, Any good source port engines for Heretic II?
                    Last edited by Legend; 04-22-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Heretic II seems really dead, not sure if the source was ever released.
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Heretic2 source wasnīt released....

It was a great game. I loved it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Legend View Post
                          Are there any good Hexen II mods ? Like unofficial Mission packs with new levels ?
                          Hello Legend,

Unfortunately there are not many high quality episodes available for Hexen2.
                          Somehow this great game did not catch the interest by many mappers...

But at least there is one very good Episode (with a complete HUB !!):
                          Fortress of Four Doors by C. Alan "calan" Larsen
                          Description : "Fortress of Four Doors" is a single player game based on a
                          central hub design. It uses all four worlds of Hexen and includes a
                          re-appearance of Eidolon in the last map.
                          Comment:
                          Well, I finally got Fortress Of Four Doors installed and all I can say is it was worth it. I'm about halfway through and it's like a good book that you can't put down. If you're up to a new Hexen II adventure check it out. The author put a lot of work into this one and it shows.
                          You cannot affort to miss this one.

Go get it here (8.4 MB)

==========

Originally posted by Legend View Post
                          On a related note, Any good source port engines for Heretic II?

Just like GB said: The Heretic II source was not yet released.
                          So there are no enhanced engines available yet.
                          The devs over at Raven and Activision both dont know anything about the source.
                          Some say that is has been lost (just like the Blood source).
                          Who knows...

But do not regret, the quite active Heretic 2 forum helped creating some nice gimmicks for this game:
                          - widescreen resolution mod
                          - custom FOV mod
                          - you can install it on every Windows OS
                          - many many multiplayer maps and player skins
                          - some very good single player episodes !
                          Abode Of Golgotha
                          Abode Of Golgotha 2
                          Ogle Quest - The Return of Mocalavin
                          Shadow Slayer

Have fun,
                          Seven

Comment

• Thanks Seven. Haven't tried it yet, but I found some more hexen episodes.
                            https://sites.google.com/site/missionpackbyrino/

Comment

• Thank you Legend,

Very good to see that there are more Hexen 2 episodes out there.
                              By judging the youtube-screens, Rino did very faithful Hexen 2 maps in those 2 episodes.

Combined with inkub0īs and jeanks new world textures, model skins and new engine features, this will be a pleasure to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X