This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the video

I made a Portal of Praevus menu as well, and the game will use the correct one depending on which you launch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeRVkyqKbDQ&list=UUaDV8XBPogcRpJ4gEUAaffQ& index=1&feature=plcp]Hexen 2 - 3D menu - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• oooh me like! i absolutely am looooving both of them!
      for what engine is that? cuz it looks really really cool
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I made it using Hammer of Thyrion, though it should work with other engines just fine - though I'm not sure how the other engines handle the music.

Comment

• oooh! i use hammer of thyrion tooo

gimme gimme gimme gimme, i absolutely loooove them both, soooo pretty and fancy <3
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Here's the download, just extract to your root Hexen 2 directory and launch H2 or PoP

Hexen 2 Menumod.rar | Game Front

Comment

• I have found GameRanger is easy app to play Quake,QuakeWorld, Hexen2, HexenWorld, Heretic II and much more games online, so lets guys try? it very easy. It even work on Mac OSX =)
              Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
              Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
              HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
              HeXen II Files - under development
              Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
              hexen2 ftp
              hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• I wanted DP because it have a great ingame light editor.
                I did amazing realtime lightning in Quake1 and quake1 expansion pack with Darkplaces internal editor!

So, imagine the coolness of a realtime lightning in Hexen2 =)

If DP can run H2 BSP maybe i can edit lightning in there and export in some way to other engines...

@bloodshot, maybe i can help you with textures for your menus (If u agree)
                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• than i can partially solve that problem, you can load hexen2 maps in darkplaces if you convert them in q1 format
                  using this utility
                  http://pa3pyx.dnsalias.org/stuff/h2q01.zip
                  but you will have some glithes and palette mismatch.
                  try it, so after editing lightmaps in coverted bsp in dp, you can apply lightmaps in hexen2 using FTE QW (this is separate file right?) so this idea might help

P.S. mismatch palette can be partially solved too, just create pak file with hexen2 pallette.lmp inside
                  Last edited by WhiteMagicRaven; 11-24-2012, 04:11 AM.
                  hexen2 ftp

Comment

• but, do FTEQW support the RTLIGHTS files and convert them (on need) in lightmaps?

other question: what about normalmaps? if i can create a full realtime lights set, the textures will be amazing with normalmaps! how to use that in FTEQW?
                    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• Spike? need help
                      should work http://fteqw.com/wiki/index.php?title=RealTimeLighting
                      also try launch quake in fteqw with your rtlights, does it work? FTE QW and DP must be close to each other in file formats
                      Last edited by WhiteMagicRaven; 11-24-2012, 04:19 AM.
                      hexen2 ftp

Comment

• That is an interesting little tool, you just linked WhiteMagicRaven !

Spike was exactly right:
                        The only thing that prevented DP from at least loading a H2 map are those different hull sizes, which this tool deletes.

Even the available .lit files work fine.
                        Also normal maps seem to work.

Some quick impression screens from demo1 map:

That will make Spikes mentioned "FTE-server + DP-client"-method most likely possible too.

Thank you.
                        Seven
                        Last edited by Seven; 11-24-2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Wow it really works =0 ^.^
                          Its for DP and FTEQW runs it too?
                          Can share it want to run around on map too look it closer =)
                          hexen2 ftp

Comment

• can you please upload it to another site bloodshot? i keep getting 'file not found'

just like i got the same problem when trying to download another file from gamefront some time ago

Comment

• hey bloodshot

could you please make versions of the background which also work with higher FOV?
                              cuz i myself use fov 115 and i can see at sides and bottom where the map you used for menu stops:

Comment

• I'll fix it up and upload to a different site

EDIT:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rq72ba07dmsrk1s

Now it works on FOVs as high as 130
                                Last edited by Bloodshot; 11-24-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X