Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uhexen2.sf.net has most recent jsh2colour.exe compiler, download hexen2-utils-1.5.4-win32.zip file.
    Qoole 99 version 1.00 can work with colored lights http://jurajstyk.host.sk/download.htm
    Thats what known to me.
    Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
    Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
    HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
    HeXen II Files - under development
    Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
    hexen2 ftp
    hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• wow, that's what i need

Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• looks totally sweet inkub0

just a shame about those couple bugs i got in fteqw, otherwise id totally be using that engine all the time.

right now i only use hammer of thyrion cuz fteqw has a couple bugs for me which imo kinda ruin it.
        especially the broken weapon from necromancer really sucks
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @inkubo: excessive normal maps, especially the floor looks like each stone falls off into a deep pit at the sides. Remember the player is very tiny compared to that floor - try looking at it in third person to see the relation.

Try removing any light and shadows from the diffuse map before you do the normal (because when you use normalmaps, the diffuse doesn't need to contain that information anymore).
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• inkub0 incredible =0 it even more that i can imagine about hexen2.
            Looks very modern.
            I am always use FTEQW for QuakeWorld.
            And DirectQ for SinglePlayer only.

Spike? FTEQW support Half-Life bsp and models. Quake 1,2,3 and Hexen2,HexenWorld?
            And also it will be nice to see that FTEQW will support Heretic2 bsp (thay same as Quake2 exactly and *.m8 and *.m32 images, plus *.fm a heretic models) I am huge Heretic 2 fun too as HeXen2. Would very love to see it in FTEQW.

Also interest thing.
            This is possible to use another map formats in FTEQW for game.
            It mix of (for examples):
            In Hexen2 i can load half-life maps.
            In Quake1 i can load Quake3 maps.
            In Quake3 i can load Hexen2 maps.

So FTEQW is approaching universal engine?

It very very nice.
            It means we can even make maps for hexen2 using Quake3 bsp, with these curves, fogs.
            Wow very impressive level up.
            Last edited by WhiteMagicRaven; 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM.
            Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
            Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
            HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
            HeXen II Files - under development
            Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
            hexen2 ftp
            hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• Hello inkub0,

A human would break its legs if he would try to walk over that floor.
              Usually gb uses the "grand canyon" term.
              This time that term would even fit to your screenshot.

Less is sometimes more.

Compare it to My-Key´s normals. The "depth" is much weaker and gives a more natural picture.
              Anyway, in the end, the user can adjust the depth via engine cvar (I guess FTE has a comparable to DP´s), but the default settings should be definitely less strong.

@ Splitterface,
              Your described issues in the FTEQW thread has already been solved (except one). Didn´t you read Spike´s post ?
              Try his warm noodles... aehm I mean moodles
              They taste good and fix all weapon bugs except one: alpha layer in necromancers 2nd weapon projectile. The black square is still there.
              But the rest is history....
              I am sure that Spike will fix that one in the near future too.

I also cannot reproduce your mentioned 2 or 3 black boxes in the demo1 map.

I think its time for you to try different noodles

Have fun,
              Seven

Comment

• @seven
                oh i overlooked spike's post in the other thread

lemme try the builds, see if it fixes the bugs im having
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• it was only a test for the normalmaps. now i resized it
                  i'm working on some textures, mainly in demo 1 2 3

i think i'll release a fully lighten and textured Hexen2DEMO one day
                  Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• Hi inkub0,
                    great to see you working on the Hexen 2 Textures again.

Comment

• just tried, and with those moodles builds the alpha problems are gone,
                      but instead a whole ton of particles-effects are completely missing

EDIT: tried all different versions that were available in the moodles, and they all have the same problem
                      Last edited by talisa; 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• make sure r_particledesc includes the word 'h2part' in it. I think selecting a preset disables this setting (the presets are more intended for quake's particle effects). Try
                        r_particledesc "high h2part"
                        that should hopefully fix most of the missing particle effects.
                        Some Game Thing

Comment

• awesome, thanx spike, that fixed it!

totally stepping over to fteqw now for hexen2, those problems were the only reason why i used to use hammer of thyrion instead, and im totally glad they're fixed, im totally gonna use fteqw for hexen2 now instead
                          Last edited by talisa; 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• bloodshot, is there a way you can make those menu background demos work in fteqw instead too?

would totally rock if you could make them work in fteqw too, seeing as i switched over to fteqw cuz it looks way more fancy and the couple bugs that were there which held me from using it got fixed

so could you look into making them work in fteqw?

Comment

• They actually do work in FTEQW, but the demos have to be re-recorded and music has to be changed to simulate CD tracks.

Also even with the above fix, certain things don't work in FTEQW, like rain and snow particles don't show up, and the chains from the assassin's weapons produce a console error.

In the mean time until I change it, you can simply add "+map h2menu" or "+map h2menupop" depending on which background you want as a temporary fix.

Last edited by Bloodshot; 11-27-2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• hum... while playing last night i encountered a lot worse bug in the moodles builds that completely ruins gameplay

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0R_7DRQW-k[/ame]

no clue wtf it is, but there seems to be something wrong with the map or the lighting or such. i already tried changing lighting settings but all of them have the same problem, and i also tried removing lits and rtlights to see if that fixed it but no matter what it stays the same

Comment

Working...
                                X