X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEMO 3 RTLIGHTS

hey friends, look at this =) demo3 RTLIGHTS

i cant open DEMO2 in darkplaces! i get a "funny lump size" error wjile i try to open demo2.bsp !!!
    any tips?
    Last edited by inkub0; 12-01-2012, 11:49 AM.
    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• just made some test specular maps

rtex362_gloss

rtex421_gloss

rtex426_gloss

rtex395_gloss

to use them, rename them to their correct names(which i added above the textures) and drop them into the data1/textures/demo1 folder, and then in FTEQW turn gloss maps on by going to options >texture options > set 'specular highlights' to on. requires one of the latest FTEQW moodles builds, which you can get here: FTEQW moodles builds

most of these can be found right at the start, and the rtex421 can be found at start of the part where you find lorics bones, its right there where you teleport to, the bloodstain on the floor
      also, to get a better look at rtex362 id suggest going to the wizards chamber where you have to make the potion, right behind his pedestal with the book the symbol is right there on the wall.

let me know what you all think of them, whats good about them and if and how they can be improved, and ill fix that.
      and once they're good ill move on to the next ones
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• inkub0, you sure thats for demo3? cuz the link goes to demo1.rtlights, and when opening the file it also seems to be nearly the exact same file

and when i tried renaming it to demo3.rtlights it also didnt seem correct. think you mightve accidentially uploaded the wrong file
        Last edited by talisa; 12-01-2012, 11:36 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• wait, i forgot another gloss-map i made, lol

celtbrown_gloss

this one should go into data1/textures instead

Comment

• fixed it. thanks for the glossmaps
            Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• great that you fixed the link. and you're welcome about the gloss maps

whatcha think of the gloss maps? good, bad? anything that could be improved about them?
              its some quick test gloss maps i made to inspect how it works and play around with it a bit to get the desired effect

EDIT: btw just noticed rtex361_gloss, rtex395_gloss and rtex426_gloss should also be copied over to the demo2 and demo3 folders inside data1/textures since they use the same textures.
              same goes for following gloss maps:
              rtex362_gloss should also be copied to the demo3 folder.
              rtex395_gloss and rtex361_gloss should also be copied to all the 'village' folders.
              rtex421_gloss should be copied to both 'village2' and 'egypt7' folders too.
              Last edited by talisa; 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• the 421 seems "spotted" the other seems good. Now i'm waiting for somebody that helps me on loading demo2 on DP
                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• yeah... the 421 is a bit harder cuz its rather difficult to select the blood splat when editing. have to look at that one again.

thanx, glad you like the other ones. none of them seem to glossy or to little gloss?

Comment

• Some one, need help, must found "Travis Tokaruk Razumen" the creator of RavenHurst hexen2 addon. It seems to be, he wanted make hexen2 remodelling project, but while time ago in his ftp site i found only screen shots and wire framed new models. So hope he has these files and can share it, very great work, please look at his work
                    http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/razumen/
                    Last edited by WhiteMagicRaven; 12-01-2012, 01:17 PM.
                    Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                    Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                    HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                    HeXen II Files - under development
                    Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                    hexen2 ftp
                    hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• can we invite him on this forum?
                      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• need to find him it seems he is last activity in internet in 2011 year i hope he answer some time, but all contacts looks like dead =(, i am need help in searching this man.
                        hexen2 ftp

Comment

• ooooh, those models look awesome! we totally need those!

on another note... another gloss-texture i made a bit ago:
                          rtex367_gloss

just drop it in data1/textures to use. its the door from the wizards room in demo1
                          lemme know what y'all think of it

Comment

• Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
                            the 421 seems "spotted" the other seems good. Now i'm waiting for somebody that helps me on loading demo2 on DP
                            did you tryed edit it in FTEQW as Spike sayed, rtlight editor in game available
                            hexen2 ftp

Comment

• Hello inkub0,

I just tested what Spike wrote here.
                              It didnt work, as FTE could not find the source file.
                              So I simply copy/pasted the source into my Hexen2 game director (instead of c:\... as Spike wrote) and it worked fine.
                              This is the path in my computer:
                              E:\Spiele\Hexen2_FTE\fteh2\src
                              The source must be in there. Then paste Spike´s command into your console and FTE will compile the rt_light editor addon for you

You will see "red stars", which stands for the lights.
                              Manipulate them with your mouse + keybord (just like Spike said).

And say bye-bye to DP (you do not need to abuse it only for RT-Light editing).

Have fun,
                              Seven

Comment

• i'll surely try it
                                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Working...
                                X