X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Hello inkub0,

I just tested what Spike wrote here.
    It didnt work, as FTE could not find the source file.
    So I simply copy/pasted the source into my Hexen2 game director (instead of c:\... as Spike wrote) and it worked fine.
    This is the path in my computer:
    E:\Spiele\Hexen2_FTE\fteh2\src
    The source must be in there. Then paste Spike´s command into your console and FTE will compile the rt_light editor addon for you
    do you have a data1 subfolder in Hexen2_FTE folder?
    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• Yes I have (that is one of my Hexen2 game folders).
      FTE created the subfolder "fteh2" automagically a long time ago.
      I do not know if that subfolder will be created with recent noodle builds too.

Anyhow, as mentioned above, throw Spike´s source into that folder.
      And let the magic begin...

Comment

• just finished making another gloss-map

rtex251_gloss

dump into data1/textures to use it
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
          just finished making another gloss-map

rtex251_gloss

dump into data1/textures to use it
          nice work with that! kudos to you.
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Are there any Direct3D ports that work well on a laptop for H2? I know FTEQW supports direct3d with the merged client but it refuses to start on my laptop (I'm guessing it defaults to openGL on a new machine?)

Comment

• fte favours GL, yes, however there are builds with only a d3d renderer though.
              Direct link to one of moodles' builds: http://triptohell.info/moodles/win32/fted3dqw.exe
              Supports only D3D, and thus will not even try to use GL.
              Note that the d3d renderer is lacking features compared to the gl one, specifically it lacks rtlights, specular, water effects, bloom, basically anything that depends upon hlsl. That's kinda the point at which I lost entusiasm for it.
              Note that I've not tested fted3d with hexen2 much, so you might find some omissions.
              Some Game Thing

Comment

• thanx sylux, glad you like it

its great to be able to contribute to make a game i love that,and could really use some loving since not many people have made stuff for it at all, look more fancy
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• alakazam... and yet another gloss map done

eviltex_gloss

its the coffin right at start of demo1, in the first room straight ahead on top of stairs

hope you all like it, lemme know what you think of it, wether it was a good idea or not to make the skull and the pentacle on this texture have some light gloss over them

Comment

• I could probably make some high poly weapon models, though I would have no idea how to animate them or get them in-game.

Also yeah, there appear to be issues like warped water textures, the client crashes when you try to go to the video settings menu, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                      alakazam... and yet another gloss map done

eviltex_gloss

its the coffin right at start of demo1, in the first room straight ahead on top of stairs

hope you all like it, lemme know what you think of it, wether it was a good idea or not to make the skull and the pentacle on this texture have some light gloss over them
                      splitter i dont know if it's right to make glossy that stone... maybe i'll retouch it if you agree
                      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• @Spike
                        How to spawn a new light? r_editlights_spawn doesnt work.
                        and...
                        Is it possible to select the lights with DP method? (pointer fixed to centre, no clik to select? i think it's really faster... and when you select the right light, a right clik can activate the properties menu... )
                        Last edited by inkub0; 12-04-2012, 05:37 AM.
                        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• @inkub0
                          yeah sure go ahead and edit it. thats why i asked if you all thought it was a good idea or not to add gloss to that texture, cuz i didnt know if it would be an ok idea or not

@all
                          made a couple more gloss textures... some chains, a glass-in-lead window, and a door

rtex083_gloss

rtex085_gloss

rtex092_gloss

rtex110_gloss

like before, just drop them into data1/textures to use them

Comment

• @inkub0:
                            see the fourth line of the key shortcuts that are shown onscreen.

note that the m, [, and ] keys will move the current light around. if the selected light changed simply because the old one got moved, keyboard autorepeat would likely mess things up for you eventually.
                            imho the real solution is to reduce/remove the need to interact with the actual menu by moving common editing to shortcuts (like the m key to move the light).
                            Some Game Thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
                              @inkub0:
                              see the fourth line of the key shortcuts that are shown onscreen.

note that the m, [, and ] keys will move the current light around. if the selected light changed simply because the old one got moved, keyboard autorepeat would likely mess things up for you eventually.
                              imho the real solution is to reduce/remove the need to interact with the actual menu by moving common editing to shortcuts (like the m key to move the light).
                              I have an Italian Keyboard, where [ and ] are secondary characters on "č" and "+" keys. I dont know if it will work :/
                              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• yeah, different keymaps suck - from a programmer's perspective anyway.
                                You can always set in_builtinkeymap 1 and it should treat it as a US keymap.
                                I've just updated the light editor a little to use unicode chars instead, and a couple of other things that should help make it a little more usable, although you'll need to hold altgr with it...
                                newly inserted lights should use these cvars for their respective default values: r_editlights_import_ambient r_editlights_import_diffuse r_editlights_import_specular.
                                I'll update the engine at some point to use those cvars when importing also, so no more silly gloss values.
                                Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
                                X