Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spike, could you also please update FTEQW so that if a texture has no gloss-map that the engine just uses no gloss for that texture instead of using the diffuse map as gloss-map? half of hexen looks like plastic right now cuz the engine uses the diffuse map as glossmap for textures that dont have a glossmap.

would be great if you could change that so that if no glossmap was found for a texture the engine uses no gloss on that texture like DP and not use diffuse map as glossmap

and its kinda annoying to have to add pur black gloss textures for all textures that shouldnt be glossy at all, cuz it requires extra files to be made which should be completely unnecesary if the engine would just use no gloss if no gloss-map was found
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• currently the rtlight importing routine uses the dlight spawning code and thus inherits certain defaults from dlights, including unnaturally high gloss (looks a bit nicer on dlights).
      Just scaling those down should reduce the gloss to more normal levels.
      Much of quake is metal, stone, and wood. Metal and stone are typically slightly glossy, and polished/carved wood is too, just not to that extent, so I'm not sure what the ideal value actually is. I'll reduce it a little, but I suspect just reducing the gloss scale on imported lights should be enough.
      Some Game Thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
        yeah, different keymaps suck - from a programmer's perspective anyway.
        You can always set in_builtinkeymap 1 and it should treat it as a US keymap.
        I've just updated the light editor a little to use unicode chars instead, and a couple of other things that should help make it a little more usable, although you'll need to hold altgr with it...
        newly inserted lights should use these cvars for their respective default values: r_editlights_import_ambient r_editlights_import_diffuse r_editlights_import_specular.
        I'll update the engine at some point to use those cvars when importing also, so no more silly gloss values.
        i'm waiting for that, then

@Splitterface: can u please upload your glossmaps in a compressed archive and give the link to me? i'm bored to dovload them all eheheheh
        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• lmao sure inkub0, gimme just a moment and ill pak them into a rar for you and link them here in this same post

EDIT: here they are: http://www.mediafire.com/?0fvf94evebmddlg
          also added a couple pure black glossmaps for some textures which obviously shouldnt have no gloss at all, like some rock textures and grass and such, which without those pure black glossmaps ended up looking like plastic
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi guys,

tried to download inkub0´s LIT files for HEXEN II, but the links points to the textures.zip.

Thank you!

Comment

• that website is almost abandoned...
              try this link:
              http://h2tp.hellcathq.com/files/LITfilesH2.zip

@Splitterface: Great Job! the whole textures must be converted une day or another in DDS. it's really better for loading times.
              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
                that website is almost abandoned...
                try this link:
                http://h2tp.hellcathq.com/files/LITfilesH2.zip

@Splitterface: Great Job! the whole textures must be converted une day or another in DDS. it's really better for loading times.
                Thank you for the hint. But which is the proper website of your project?

Comment

• thanx inkub0, glad you like my gloss-maps
                  it feels real good to be able to contribute in making HeXen II look more fancy

also...made 2 more textures, one rusty tile with screws, and one wall with lining found at start of demo1
                  rtex011 + rtex021 gloss.rar

Comment

• i'm thinking about replacing some textures with others from "QRP project" that are more similar to original ones...
                    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• I played a lot Quake and Quake2 using DirectQ and i think, how can be so sweet to have it for hexen2 too ^.^
                      Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                      Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                      HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                      HeXen II Files - under development
                      Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                      hexen2 ftp
                      hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
                        i'm thinking about replacing some textures with others from "QRP project" that are more similar to original ones...
                        That seems to be the path how many people go in the end:
                        Use Moon[Drunk]´s textures for almost everything.
                        But that is good, and shows that Moon[Drunk] is simply an amazing texture artist.

But to be honest, that "original"-look is the reason why I slightly prefer Jeank´s resized and reworked original Hexen2 textures. Jeank´s textures fit so perfectly into Hexen2, because they are the Hexen2 textures. But remastered very good.
                        That gives the dirty and rusty visual that Hexen2 should have and keep.

Originally posted by WhiteMagicRaven View Post
                        I played a lot Quake and Quake2 using DirectQ and i think, how can be so sweet to have it for hexen2 too ^.^
                        Hello WhiteMagicRaven,
                        How many engines do you want to have for Hexen2 ?
                        1 week ago we spoke about DP, now you start with DirectQ.
                        Will Qrack or ProQuake be the next ?

I also wish we could use a Quake engine for the game "Blood", hehe.
                        Nevermind, joking.

Comment

• I prefer Inkub0 Textures its clean, so its just what who likes. We have various feeling. On jeank side i love his engine =)
                          Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                          Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                          HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                          HeXen II Files - under development
                          Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                          hexen2 ftp
                          hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• yeah i think your textures are great inkub0

if you do decide tor eplace any textures, lemme know if it affects textures i already made gloss maps for, and ill make new gloss map

Comment

• my pc died today morning....
                              i think the PSU is burned. Bought another on amazon, i hope they'll be FAST!
                              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• Originally posted by inkub0
                                my pc died today morning....
                                My Avatars!
                                Quake Leagues
                                Quake 1.5!!!
                                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                                X