Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illuminerdi, I am afraid Hammer of Thyrion does not support external textures. I do not know about UQE crash as I do not use the inkub0's texture pack. By the way, thanks for the links.

Comment

• I'm afraid the only engine that I know of that runs Hexen II and supports external textures is FTEQW.

Originally posted by illuminerdi View Post
      inkub0's texture pack doesn't seem to work with Hammer of Thyrion and it crashes UQE v117 - does anyone know how to make it work with the current versions of either of these engines? Does it require Portal of Praevus or something (I don't have Portal of Praevus, so I don't know if that is a factor or not)?

Thanks!

Comment

• With Hammer of Thyrion its not work. With UQE HeXen II it should, ask Korax for help, hE also on this forum. Or try old UQE Builds
        Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
        Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
        HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
        HeXen II Files - under development
        Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
        hexen2 ftp
        hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• Originally posted by sj1985 View Post
          Hexen II: Black Plague version 1.0 released

I've toned down the difficulty level and made a couple of additional changes.

D1G1T4L D1STRESS: Black Plague
          Blog has been removed?

Comment

• Looks like FTE site is down as well. The version I have seems to have that bug with speed boost when you walk sideways. Is there someplace I can download latest nightly build?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathuzzz View Post
              Looks like FTE site is down as well. The version I have seems to have that bug with speed boost when you walk sideways. Is there someplace I can download latest nightly build?

Index of /moodles
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Originally posted by ETTiNGRiNDER View Post
                Blog has been removed?
                Yes, but don't worry, here's the new place:

Home | Digital Distress

Comment

• Thanks golden_boy

Comment

• Originally posted by sj1985 View Post
                    Yes, but don't worry, here's the new place:

Home | Digital Distress
                    Thanks, glad the map's still out there.

So I just finished going through all of the single player maps/map sets for Hexen II that I could get my hands on, which in addition to the official campaign and expansion are:

* Black Plague
                    * Mission Pack by Rino
                    * Mission Pack by Rino 2
                    * The Temple of Chaos
                    * Fortress of Four Doors
                    * Buried Spire
                    * Ahumado's Skull
                    * Speeed's Imagination

Which is quite possibly "all of them".

Or is it? It seems that the same guy who did Ahumado and Speeed did a third thing called "Gehenna", but the download doesn't work, Wayback Machine failed me, and so did Googling for an alternate download. Probably a long shot, but anyone happen to have it lying around?

(If you wonder about Amok, that's for the original Hexen and can be found here.)

Comment

• UQE Hexen II supports external textures. Although inkub0's texture pack crashes the engine as his JPG files seems to be unsupported/non-standard. UQE uses the same JPG decoding library that is being used in Quake III Arena & Doom 3.

I've also confirmed that those engines gets crashes/issues with those JPG files. The only solution would be to re-save those JPG files or convert them to TGA, which would fix the issue.

UQEH2's documentation explains how to get external textures/skins working.
                      http://www.jacqueskrige.com
                      http://twitter.com/jacqueskrige
                      http://www.facebook.com/jacqueskrige
                      https://plus.google.com/112626039826785974740/

Comment

• Hi everyone!
                        My works here

Comment

• Originally posted by ETTiNGRiNDER View Post
                          Thanks, glad the map's still out there.

So I just finished going through all of the single player maps/map sets for Hexen II that I could get my hands on, which in addition to the official campaign and expansion are:

* Black Plague
                          * Mission Pack by Rino
                          * Mission Pack by Rino 2
                          * The Temple of Chaos
                          * Fortress of Four Doors
                          * Buried Spire
                          * Ahumado's Skull
                          * Speeed's Imagination

Which is quite possibly "all of them".

Or is it? It seems that the same guy who did Ahumado and Speeed did a third thing called "Gehenna", but the download doesn't work, Wayback Machine failed me, and so did Googling for an alternate download. Probably a long shot, but anyone happen to have it lying around?

(If you wonder about Amok, that's for the original Hexen and can be found here.)
                          I think the website formerly known as Quake2World keeps the Multiplayer map Gehenna at Map: Gehenna | Quetoo BETA.
                          By the way, which would you say is the prettiest Hexen 2 source port that supports Inkub0's jpgs as valid texture replacements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Korax View Post
                            UQE Hexen II supports external textures. Although inkub0's texture pack crashes the engine as his JPG files seems to be unsupported/non-standard. UQE uses the same JPG decoding library that is being used in Quake III Arena & Doom 3.

I've also confirmed that those engines gets crashes/issues with those JPG files. The only solution would be to re-save those JPG files or convert them to TGA, which would fix the issue.

UQEH2's documentation explains how to get external textures/skins working.

What most people do not know is, that the jsHexen 2 compilation created by jeank includes only textures in .tga format. That makes his compilation compatible to all supporting engines (also UQE) !

On top of that, jeankīs compilation includes more high res replacement world textures compared to inkub0īs. inkubo remade around 83% of the Hexen2 world textures. jeank remade almost all Hexen2 and Portals world textures. I do not speak about the simple rescaled ones.
                            They both teamed up during development, so that you will find a large amount of identical or only slightly different textures in both packs. See their readme files and this thread for more info.
                            You can also diff them to see them side by side and can quickly identify the missing ones.

Furthermore jeank also included replacement textures for a lot of model skins in his pack. As well as soundtrack and a lot of particles. The .lit files for H2 + Portals are included as well. Same for menu textures and conchars as well as others.

This makes jeanks compilation the most complete Hexen 2 compilation available.
                            You can use most of it in other supporting engines as well, such as FTE, if you do not like the jshexen2 engine.

Originally posted by Mirrorman95 View Post
                            By the way, which would you say is the prettiest Hexen 2 source port that supports Inkub0's jpgs as valid texture replacements?
                            As far as I know only UQE, FTE and jshexen2 are supporting those (please read text above).
                            You should try them by yourself to see which one you like the most.
                            As all of them has its pros and cons.
                            There is no general statement for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry View Post
                              What most people do not know is, that the jsHexen 2 compilation created by jeank includes only textures in .tga format. That makes his compilation compatible to all supporting engines (also UQE) !

On top of that, jeankīs compilation includes more high res replacement world textures compared to inkub0īs. inkubo remade around 83% of the Hexen2 world textures. jeank remade almost all Hexen2 and Portals world textures. I do not speak about the simple rescaled ones.
                              They both teamed up during development, so that you will find a large amount of identical or only slightly different textures in both packs. See their readme files and this thread for more info.
                              You can also diff them to see them side by side and can quickly identify the missing ones.

Furthermore jeank also included replacement textures for a lot of model skins in his pack. As well as soundtrack and a lot of particles. The .lit files for H2 + Portals are included as well. Same for menu textures and conchars as well as others.

This makes jeanks compilation the most complete Hexen 2 compilation available.
                              You can use most of it in other supporting engines as well, such as FTE, if you do not like the jshexen2 engine.

As far as I know only UQE, FTE and jshexen2 are supporting those (please read text above).
                              You should try them by yourself to see which one you like the most.
                              As all of them has its pros and cons.
                              There is no general statement for everyone.
                              I generally use JeanK's textures (with some extra textures from other packs) with jsHexen2 when playing Hexen II. I was just curious because someone mentioned something in an earlier post about invalid JPGs. Are there any key features UQE and/or FTE have that jsH2 does not, besides being able to play Quake as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirrorman95 View Post
                                I generally use JeanK's textures (with some extra textures from other packs) with jsHexen2 when playing Hexen II. I was just curious because someone mentioned something in an earlier post about invalid JPGs. Are there any key features UQE and/or FTE have that jsH2 does not, besides being able to play Quake as well?
                                Well, FTE has a lot of engine extensions for modders, just like Darkplaces. Things like CSQC but also extended programming stuff. So if you were to make a serious HexenC mod with things like a custom HUD, FTE would be the one to make it with.

-> FTE provides a lot of behind-the-scenes programmer stuff that's probably not interesting to people who just want to play. It's an engine for modding experiments. Since no one makes HexenC mods, all those features go unused...

It's just like Darkplaces. Eyecandy is the smallest thing these engines can do. It doesn't even scratch the surface. FTE does realtime lighting and custom textures without moving a muscle, its real power lies in the things it allows you to do with QuakeC/HexenC.
                                Scout's Journey
                                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
                                X