X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rino View Post
    Hi everyone!
    My works here
    I didnt find a link to your Hexen2 page first time I saw your post.
    In your signature´s link there are only houses and furnitures from europe.
    You seem to be a rich salesman for luxury goods

Now I found it. Maybe better post a direct link next time:
    Download: https://www.facebook.com/RINO3Dartis...667509/?type=1
    Screens: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0246732&type=1

I tried your demo and want to say Thank you.

Some feedback as you requested in your readme:

It suprised me that the sheeps in your intro map have different sizes. Some of them are really huge. Much bigger than the player. That looks weird. You maybe want to change this.
    First I thought it was the engines fault and I tried all of your mentioned ones: FTE, HoT and UQE.
    If you do not add the -portals extension, the sheeps will sink into the floor in HoT and UQE. FTE has issues when changing maps. It crashes around 50% of the time and could not load a saved game.
    The player also gets blocked from the grass models. That should not be I think.
    At the end of the intro map I almost had to cheat because I didnt know how to open the giant door with your extra texture to the next map. I dont want to spoil it here. In the end I accidentally found out how to open it Nice idea of you but it really can confuse and bug people.

The main map rinoxxxevo was really nice. The sheeps had the correct size as well, lol. Some texture scales are really big. That makes them blurred and it also looks wrong somehow.
    It was a nice idea to use latin in game texts and hints (or is it italian?). But for the most people it should be english.
    I liked it that you can access almost all map areas from the big stone passage and also can go back from other areas to previous ones. That makes the level special.
    I spotted an imp after using the high elevator, but he never attacked me. You should position him more towards the upper end of the elevator.
    I loved your ideas for the dark areas. No spoiler again at this time, but it is better to use the torches that you placed there. Great!
    Near the end I almost cheated again because the draw bridge was pulled in, lol. But after some time everybody should find the alternative way. Nice.

Overall, the map has too few large areas in my humble opinion. It has a lot of edges and narrow passages. Some more space here and there would be nice. The area I will keep in my mind when thinking about your demo map is the end area with the 2 bridges.

Cannot wait for your next maps. Great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
      (...) FTE does realtime lighting and custom textures without moving a muscle (..)
      cough cough. You may want to rethink the realtime lighting and muscle part.

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
      (...) its real power lies in the things it allows you to do with QuakeC/HexenC.
      Do not forget, several fte features are Quake exclusively. They do not work in Hexen2. I spoke with Spike about it once.

Originally posted by Rino View Post
      Hi everyone!
      My works here
      Great ! Thank you Rino for sharing your work.

Comment

• i would like to see Lord Havok Working on a Hexen 2 DarkPlaces someday

but a man can dream

Comment

• May I ask what kind of benefits compared to existing Hexen2 engines you are thinking of?
          Or is it the amount of replacements specially made for Darkplaces that came to your mind and that you also want to have for Hexen2? Something like "Hexen2 HD Pack"? In that case, you dont need DarkPlaces for it.

Comment

• @Seven: You may be right there

my own experiences crossing Hexen and Quake code are limited to a reckless plan of including Hexen 2's hub system in a QuakeC codebase. I'm pretty confident it would have worked, but alas, I never got to implementing it because of switching engines.

GB
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Its never going to happen, but YES I wish the same thing. Just prefer the feel of DP and content created for it. Always have.

Originally posted by duoranger View Post
              i would like to see Lord Havok Working on a Hexen 2 DarkPlaces someday

but a man can dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirrorman95 View Post
                I think the website formerly known as Quake2World keeps the Multiplayer map Gehenna at Map: Gehenna | Quetoo BETA.
                Are you sure that's the same map?

Edit: I was able to get in touch with the author of the map I was looking for, who sent it to me, but it has a bug that prevents it from being completed, so nevermind.
                Last edited by ETTiNGRiNDER; 06-12-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• The Q2W/quetoo map is definitely not the map you are looking for. It is a new DM map jester made specifically for our Q2W game.
                  dfsp*spirit
                  my FPS maps

Comment

• guys, there's no way to replace hexen II Player Models with high poly ones like Quake?

Comment

• @duoranger
                      FTEqw supports replacing models with MD3 models

to be able to use md3 models, in 'texture options' enable the 'load replacements' option

FTEqw can also use pk3s just like darkplaces,and the way of replacing models is nearly identical, except that you dont need to manually change file-extension
                      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post143289
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Ehi Talisa, does your Hexen2 HD models work also for JSHexen2?
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• @vengeance
                          no idea, i never used jshexen myself.

my models are md3, and i have no idea wether the engine supports md3 or not
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Tried, they don't work . What a shame, Jshexen2 is my favourite engine
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• @Hello Henry! I appreciate your suggestions! I'm making some changes to the maps of the demo! see you soon for a second release! A comment or suggestion are welcome on my page, feel free! Ciaoooooo!
                              here:
                              https://sites.google.com/site/missio...ks-in-progress

Hi guys if you like and you have played my work about maps, visit Fb page and 'LIKE'

Comment

• Hey Rino, do not stop working on your Hexen2 maps. As soon as you release your new update I will play and test it for sure.

I do not have a facebook account, but I do LIKE you nevertheless.

Keep up your great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X