This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index of /moodles/win32
    I don't really do 'proper' releases, so its either the latest or woefully out of date.
    Some Game Thing

Comment

• I sorta made quietus

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c31wCeo8cI[/ame]

It starts off as one fireball, and once you get to level 3 you get 2 extra fireballs, and once you hit level 6 you get the full amount as you can see here, and then you get a damage increase for them as the final "level up" after that

I figure the leveling up will keep it from being too effective for a while so it doesn't outclass the other weapons until later on, plus its only a tome of power effect which helps balance it too

I also made the dark bishop

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5XSz8xuMqY[/ame]

Comment

• Does the bishop also leach when you stand next to him?

Comment

• @mathuzzz
          hehe thats the vampire-spirits from soul reaver that you're thinking of
          they do that, the bishops from hexen dont.

could be a neat idea though, to have an enemy in hexen that does that
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @talisa
            I was pretty sure both had this ability, but bishopīs was not continous, it looked like he was just doing standard attack but did not spawn any missiles, just caused big portion of damage

Comment

• I don't see why i couldn't add it, it could just be a melee attack with a unique sound

Comment

• I made a new shatter effect inspired by hexen 1

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRQ7L1KZtr4[/ame]

Also discovered phong shading through func_msgboard, which lets me make brush-based trees that light properly

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksL2sIViaFs[/ame]
                Last edited by Bloodshot; 03-01-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• I always felt that most of the second weapons in Hexen 2 had unused potential. If you do not count crossbow and vorpal sword, all other second weapons were just missiles without any difference. For example, to give ice staff a little more meaning, like it would slower enemies for short duration, or it would freeze enemies a bit faster, but they can unfroze if not broken. Or the acid rune to actualy cause acid damage, so enemies would take hit points for a short period after being hit. Magic missile of necromancer, well, that was the only one that was satisfying only as standard missile weapon.

By the way, how did you create the fog effect? I also wanted to make one of my maps misty, but it depends on what engine I will eventually use. FTEQW and JsHexen support fog I think.

Comment

• What about the scarab? Normal its just a missile sure but tome of power its a flying bug that embeds itself into enemies and summons chains that latch onto them, lift them up and rip them apart. It's mortal kombat level shit and it's awesome

I was deciding what to do with the ice staff altfire, I'm torn between either an attack that freezes enemies in a radius around you, or some sort of ice wall that blocks enemies and projectiles. I made the meteor staff altfire into a slightly less bouncy version of the powered up firemace attack from heretic

The fog is sort of a trick actually, it's an entity that throws gibs, the gibs are set to have a fog sprite as the model with translucent drawflags, a really low randomized velocity and with no gravity so they float around. Since they are gibs, it automatically removes one when the limit for them is reached and it works as a sort of particle emitter

Comment

• As you are mentioning mortal kombat, what about making ice staff alt fire as a frozen puddle, which would either hold or freeze enemies? Even though it would serve more like a glyph effect rather then weapon.

Comment

• That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea, it would only work on melee enemies if it holds them though. But in that case, the ice wall might work better, since it'll have the same effect except it can then also block projectiles too

Comment

• I was thinking, did you add paths to the models in Trenchbroom fgd file? I tried, however, it crashes the editor when I add portals mod to it.

Comment

• It's because of the models from pop, they are a modified mdl format that TB cant read. Had the same thing happen until i changed the ice archer model to show up as the normal archer

Comment

• Yeah, I thought so. However, itīs not only archer model I guess? Would resaving the mlds in model editor help? At least for decorative models which are usefull in mapping process.

Comment

• It was the yakman too, and resaving didn't work for me, i borrowed the quake port of the yakman as a temp fix and set the TB model to be that one

Comment

Working...
                                X