X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
    I dont want exactly hexen2 on DP...

THINGS THAT I WANT
    (If FTE will support this, and if FTE people will consider using that engine in single player.....)

1) colored lights
    2) full support for dynamic world lightning and shadows
    3) Normal mapping, luma mapping, bump mapping
    4) enhanced sprites
    5) pk3 support
    6) md3 support
    7) skyboxes
    7) control all this stuff by menu!

it's a small list, but a big work for coders!
    FTE supports, to my knowledge:

1. .lit files
    2. fully dynamic world lighting/shadows (slow, just like dp)
    3. Normal maps/bump maps, unsure about luma

4 - what do you mean by enhanced sprite? The .spr32 thing? Pretty sure FTE supports that.

5. pk3 - FTE supports Quake 3
    6. md3 - see above

7. skyboxes - as you can see in my screenshots, the r_skybox console variable will load them, FTE also loads sky from worldspawn now

8. Control all this stuff by menu - 1 and 2 have menu options, most of the others don't need menu options (md3 menu option? I don't think so).

http://fteqw.com/wiki/index.php?titl...World_Features

Update: FTE does run Portals of Praevus, I had to rename the portals/pak3.pak file to pak0.pak though. Spike knows about all the other stuff, too. The fs_cache 0 thing seems to not affect all users. Have patience.

Also, could everybody stop typing in super huge letters and crazy colors? It makes the text hard to read. :-)
    Last edited by golden_boy; 08-11-2010, 11:29 AM.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

yes, but FTE is multiplayer-oriented... and is not written for singleplayer at now... and strangely, it hangs up on the 1st voice of all menus, i have to push "downarrow" 2 times (and in hexen2 is quite slow in menu navigation)

but...

is nice in graphics XD

Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

What matters is if it works, not what it says on the tin.

It's just a friggin' engine, one out of only 3 that support Hexen 2. Plus, it supports eyecandy. To each his own :-P

I especially like some of your door textures btw.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

hehehehe

listen at me, gb.

Can you give me your configuration files for FTE ? i'm losing my mind on that configuration... I need a spectacular environment for my textures

and... "nameofthetexture_bump" doesnt works FTE loads as bumpmap the old texture... can you fix that for me?
          Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Playing the demoness in Portals...

Here's my config...

pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

These are the more important cvars I use...

sv_nomsec 2
            cl_nopred 1
            r_skybox (name of skybox)

plus the stuff I listed before... I use the latest FTE from the unstable branch. SDL version.

You don't really need my config though. :-)

Also, I wish someone would make .lit files for Portals of Praevus... this tool was used to make the hexen 2 ones: JSH2Colour.exe...

http://jurajstyk.host.sk/download.htm

I saw something about allow luma in the config, so I guess FTE supports lumas...

By the way, I tried UQE. It doesn't recognize my mouse, the screen has a white tint, and it's absolutely Windows-only. Not even the source contains a Linux makefile. And the last release is from 2006...

I use Linux, and I like engines that are actively maintained.
            Last edited by golden_boy; 08-11-2010, 03:37 PM.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Wow, this is great! I own Hexen 2 and the expansion. I'll definitely be playing it again once you finish this pack. The quality looks unbelievable in those screenshots! Might I suggest something? Can you update the FIRST post with the newest download link each time you upload a new version? It's easier than having to navigate all the pages to find the latest version.

You have to make some textures for Doom or Heretic after this, Inkub0! Quake has some complete textures packages, but Doom and Heretic sure don't!

Comment

fs_cache bug fixed in unstable FTE...

the "forgotten chapel" level:

effect of activating a torch:

I just played on Hard until the first episode's boss in FTE, and it went OK. Loading doesn't work yet, but it does load the autosave from the start of the current level if you get killed, and you retain all your items.

Horshack!!
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning_Hunter View Post
                  Wow, this is great! I own Hexen 2 and the expansion. I'll definitely be playing it again once you finish this pack. The quality looks unbelievable in those screenshots! Might I suggest something? Can you update the FIRST post with the newest download link each time you upload a new version? It's easier than having to navigate all the pages to find the latest version.

You have to make some textures for Doom or Heretic after this, Inkub0! Quake has some complete textures packages, but Doom and Heretic sure don't!
                  maybe in christmas holidays
                  now i'm working on this package...

@ GB
                  hot to set GODMODE in FTE ? it's boring to be killed only to test textures... egypt is buggy in UQE
                  Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

sv_cheats 1 in the console, then cfg_save. This allows you to use cheats.

Restart the map and you will be able to use godmode.
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Maybe i met the first great problem in texturing....
                      Some textures come with a letter after the number, but engines doesnt care of the number!!!

In example
                      in map VILLAGE3 there is a texture with a floor and some grass on it. The texture's name is RTEX384M.
                      in map EGYPT1 there is a texture of a piece of rock. The name: "RTEX384E"

both FTE and UQE loads ONLY RTEX384, without any letter after :

can somebody help me ???
                      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

does this mean that neither of the replacements get loaded?
                        Scout's Journey
                        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                          does this mean that neither of the replacements get loaded?
                          no, the only way to lod something is to sacrifice one of the two textures because the loaded file is ONLY ONE ( in this case RTEX384 )

in other words the engine loads a file without the endng letter...

this is a great bug to notice to the developers of the engines !

Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

perhaps you can make map-specific folders for village3 and egypt1, create new folders named after the map that the textures in the folder are supposed to be loaded for. i believe most engines do this, i know Qrack does it and also EZ-Quake should too because that's how moon-drunk made texture replacements for various maps that (sometimes) used same texture names, not quite sure on FTEQW but i have a strong suspicion.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              What did I just read: You are working on your project only 10 days ?

You must be joking. You managed 38% in 10 days ?
                              Material (bricks, marbles, wood -- etc) textures are extremely easy to produce

Any how, You are doing a great job inkub!

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
                                perhaps you can make map-specific folders for village3 and egypt1, create new folders named after the map that the textures in the folder are supposed to be loaded for.
                                no, it doesnt works... not FTE, nor UQE

i'll use the subfolders to divide the work, but i wait engine support for this... *confused*

hey guys, d you think that we're influencing the developers of the engines with this thread?
                                Last edited by inkub0; 08-12-2010, 09:12 AM.
                                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Working...
                                X