Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy that we are discovering a new way to use FTEQW with hexen2... but i think is better to create a new post called "Hexen2 engines bugs"...
    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

You should really report bugs in #fte on irc.quakenet.org. Having said that, I've also seen the bug when using bloom.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Hey guys, i did the XLS file with all the textures in the game, like the Quake one. Textures are divided by map and there is the total on the last column...
        TEXTURE LIST

unfortunately, textures with the same name are counted as a single texture, but... it is a beginning.
        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

I am very sorry inkub0. I totally understand it.
          I will not speak about FTE issues (if they are not texture related) again.
          I also minimized the screens in that post, so that they dont ruin the overview and
          other great screens from you and gb.

Thank you for your Excel file. I see that you put also a lot of work in it too !
          521 files ? I thought you speak about "over 300".
          Well, over 300 means 521. You are right
          Its a long road, but you are faster than a porsche

Hoping that some of the files I sent are useful for you...

Big thanks,
          Seven

Comment

Seven, the thread is not mine my words was a suggestion, not an order

i used some of your files to create better textures...

... anyways... thanks to AxelDominator, that wrote a little program for me, to catalogue all the WAL textures in that XLS ^^
            Last edited by inkub0; 08-14-2010, 02:30 PM.
            Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

splitscreen in fte o_O
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

15th august holidays passed... now i'm back to work

Upgraded texture list XLS file... now the column DONE is ok...

Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Dear inkub0,

dont worry, we will wait patiently. Good things take their time...

You worked very hard in your holidays and could gain a good advance.
                  Now things will go slower, but hey, thatīs absolutely no problem.
                  The great team at FTE also need their time to polish Single Player up.
                  So in the end we will be finish together to have a wonderful Hexen 2 experience.

By the way: I found a lit file for first level of Portals "keep1".
                  But there are none for the rest of MP1.

Best wishes,
                  Seven

Comment

Hello everybody, Iīm new here. First of all I appreciate your work. I work on my personal project for Hexen 2 and looked for this kind of revival community for some time. Once I found Hexen 2 retexturing project on some russian forum. It was not complete, but most of them were pretty nice. It also contained skins for most power ups and also for decoration models, monsters and weapons. Iīll try to find that forum. Or send/upload them.

Also there are actually 5 Hexen II engines. Three you mentioned above, then there is Newhexen, which is old and doesnīt support external files, but jsHexen does. Unfortunately there is no bump maping or skyboxes in jsHexen, but you can replace everything-textures, skins, sprites, even sky textures which can be found in that retexturing project I mentioned above.

Each engine has some important features, but also lacks something else.
                    Last edited by Mathuzzz; 08-17-2010, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathuzzz View Post
                      Once I found Hexen 2 retexturing project on some russian forum. It was not complete, but most of them were pretty nice. It also contained skins for most power ups and also for decoration models, monsters and weapons. Iīll try to find that forum. Or send/upload them.
                      Great! if that project is abandoned, i can use something from there, or maybe we can contact the developers to work togheter...
                      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• I donīt think it is abandoned, last update is from this year.

Here

Comment

• Hello Mathuzzz,

I saw your name in several forums. Its good, that you joined here too.

The Link you gave us is... well how shall I call it.... very interesting.
                          Screenshots are looking simply superb.
                          These russian guys really have the right feeling for this game.
                          And much skills.

The skins for all models are very close to the original look; and even LITīs for Portals are there !

The textures lack quality though. Inkub0īs are better regarding quality and have a higher resolution.
                          Inkub0 has a homogeneous quality in textures, while the russians are somehow conglomerated.
                          But the good thing about them: They look really almost like the originals.
                          Even a bit darker / more dirty (what I like)

So this seems to be a very important requirement from the russian guys for their project:
                          To keep the original look/feel as much as possible. And they archive this perfectly.

[EDITED]
                          If you want to test these textures in FTE, make sure you delete the subfolders in textures
                          (due to the sky textures and sub-subfolders).
                          Models work fine in FTE out of the box (but the sprite effects look a little weird).
                          [/EDITED]

On the other side, it contains warez.
                          Because the complete Hexen 2 and Mission Pack is included.

Seven

PS: This is the forum-thread for the russian Texture Pack Retexture - Hexen 2
                          Use google-translate for your personal language
                          Last edited by Seven; 08-17-2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Hi Seven, thank you for your welcome

I also like Inkub0īs textures more, especially decorative/reliefs...But as you said, Hexen 2 is dark and some of their dirty textures really fit in there more.

For my maps I will either use UQE Hexen or jsHexen. None of them satisfy me, but FTE seem to me unstable.

It would be cool to combine these two texture packs to have at least one complete retexture/reskin pack.

Comment

• My mind was to add dirty/dark/cracked effects with normal maps...
                              anyways, i like negative comments

Another reason why russian textures seems to fit more in the game is that these textures are the old ones with some photoshop effects
                              Last edited by inkub0; 08-18-2010, 02:00 AM.
                              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• I added some textures... the package is over 100mb

DOWNLOAD IT
                                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Working...
                                X